Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,791    Downloads: 1,864,744   Msgs Posted: 134,618   Thread Views: 32,027,296   Online Now: 171
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-24-2019, 01:17 PM

Thanked 3,597 Times in 1,981 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Anyone trading for an OA is likely going for it. A team that is going for it, doesn't want Castleman.
As a long-time fan of Oliver Castleman's contributions as a player I believe his greater value is to the IceDogs than in recouping any picks. Fish is quite correct the OA market is usually skewed towards the buyer given the oversupply of candidates. Why give up a Steady-Eddy in a rebuild year and get peanuts in return? He hustles each and every game, takes his shift and gets off the ice rather than being a liability. You seldom see him on the highlight reel, but he contributes.

We can't afford to lose every player with talent because as much as it's a game, it's a business as well. Thomas, Lodnia and even Tomasino are in play this year, but we need the rest or the fan base will wilt.
Old 12-24-2019, 01:52 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,898 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
I like Di Simone, Cato, Uberti for starters.
Same here.

Most will probably disagree with my observation of the three young IceDogs defenceman but as impressive as Enright and Cato have been, Chanton has been the best of the three in my opinion.

Agostinelli, Sims and Snow have also shown upside.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:50 PM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
https://www.goerie.com/sports/201808...nia-to-icedogs

But Brown said he accepted their request for a trade after last season.

“I think our hand was forced a little bit,” said Brown, who added he received a list that featured only the IceDogs and an undisclosed club.
Interesting comment from GM Brown. Makes one wonder if in fact there was another team. Considering Erie’s return, it would not have been that difficult for that undisclosed team to easily one-up the IceDogs’ offer – a bidding war between even a couple of teams would have got Erie a lot closer to his actual trade value.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2019, 08:11 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Who are the decent young players? Enright looks good and Tynan but who knows if he'll ever be back. The rest are suspects as much as prospects.
Come on out of all the rookies we have you could only find 2 that might be ok.
Old 12-25-2019, 09:47 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,254 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
All have a chance to be good. I thought both Uberti and DiSimone would be ahead of where they are now after camp this fall.

I agree

I have been disappointed with Uberti and DeSimone’s lack of progress this year which could spell big trouble for next years offense

Which is why I say next year I expect our team to be worse than this years team .... meaning the year we don’t have a first round pick could be our highest pick in Niagara history.

Really depends on what players come back for Thomas ... I’m hoping it’s a player to be a potential impact scorer next year and a plethora of picks of course

I’ll be disappointed if they get another D in the Thomas trade ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2019, 12:48 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,486 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
Come on out of all the rookies we have you could only find 2 that might be ok.
I have 2 listed as good. Several others have a chance to be good. Every team in the league has several guys that have a chance to be good though. Obviously if they make a few good moves at the deadline they will be in decent shape but right now they would likely be the worst team in the league next year.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2019, 12:52 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,486 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I agree

I have been disappointed with Uberti and DeSimone’s lack of progress this year which could spell big trouble for next years offense

Which is why I say next year I expect our team to be worse than this years team .... meaning the year we don’t have a first round pick could be our highest pick in Niagara history.

Really depends on what players come back for Thomas ... I’m hoping it’s a player to be a potential impact scorer next year and a plethora of picks of course

I’ll be disappointed if they get another D in the Thomas trade ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. IMO you win with high end forwards in this league. I'd much prefer a forward.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:41 AM

The past Lodnia trade should serve notice to IceDogs’ fans, this is not entirely in Joey Burke’s hands. Lodnia was not sent back to assist the IceDogs in their rebuild, but rather to assist his NHL team, in the development of their signed prospect. Lodnia may have been gifted back to Niagara, but they are adhering to the directive of the Wild, as to how they want their prospect handled while in the OHL. Niagara’s role is solely the development of Lodnia and not what is in best for the Icedogs. As the trade deadline inches closer each day, fans have to hope that what the Wild feel is best for Lodnia is also best for Niagara.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:12 AM

03s that maybe available in an Akil Thomas trade...

F - Stuart Rolofs (London)
F - JR Avon (Petes)
F - Landon McCallum (Sudbury)

D - Connor Punnett (Saginaw)
D - Jack Matier (Ottawa)

Flint has F - Brennan Othmann but as a top 5 pick that is highly unlikely.

If the IceDogs are forced to trade Thomas and Lodnia as a package, then only the London and Saginaw 03s are a realistic possibility.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:09 AM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
The past Lodnia trade should serve notice to IceDogs’ fans, this is not entirely in Joey Burke’s hands. Lodnia was not sent back to assist the IceDogs in their rebuild, but rather to assist his NHL team, in the development of their signed prospect. Lodnia may have been gifted back to Niagara, but they are adhering to the directive of the Wild, as to how they want their prospect handled while in the OHL. Niagara’s role is solely the development of Lodnia and not what is in best for the Icedogs. As the trade deadline inches closer each day, fans have to hope that what the Wild feel is best for Lodnia is also best for Niagara.
Are you saying the Wild might want him to stay in Niagara and not be traded? They sent him down to us because that is where they want him to develop this year.