Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,771    Downloads: 1,709,437   Msgs Posted: 132,170   Thread Views: 28,351,296   Online Now: 108
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-26-2019, 12:43 PM

Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,924 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Are you saying the Wild might want him to stay in Niagara and not be traded? They sent him down to us because that is where they want him to develop this year.
Or they sent him down to play for a "go-for-it" team, knowing that Niagara was in the midst of a rebuild and fully expecting him to go elsewhere. I doubt the Wild are naive to the current state of junior hockey in Ontario.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:51 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,255 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
03s that maybe available in an Akil Thomas trade...

F - Stuart Rolofs (London)
F - JR Avon (Petes)
F - Landon McCallum (Sudbury)

D - Connor Punnett (Saginaw)
D - Jack Matier (Ottawa)

Flint has F - Brennan Othmann but as a top 5 pick that is highly unlikely.

If the IceDogs are forced to trade Thomas and Lodnia as a package, then only the London and Saginaw 03s are a realistic possibility.
I am curious as to why you would suggest Avon (Petes) rather than Mason McTavish? That is the player I would want in return if Thomas went to the Petes.
Old 12-26-2019, 01:29 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am curious as to why you would suggest Avon (Petes) rather than Mason McTavish? That is the player I would want in return if Thomas went to the Petes.
Avon is on the list over Mctavish because the Pete’s might actually trade him an I don’t think they’d trade Mctavish for almost anyone in the league even though like you I’d rather him over any of the forwards listed
Old 12-26-2019, 01:39 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,193 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
The past Lodnia trade should serve notice to IceDogs’ fans, this is not entirely in Joey Burke’s hands. Lodnia was not sent back to assist the IceDogs in their rebuild, but rather to assist his NHL team, in the development of their signed prospect. Lodnia may have been gifted back to Niagara, but they are adhering to the directive of the Wild, as to how they want their prospect handled while in the OHL. Niagara’s role is solely the development of Lodnia and not what is in best for the Icedogs. As the trade deadline inches closer each day, fans have to hope that what the Wild feel is best for Lodnia is also best for Niagara.

Hedging bets against a sub-par return in a Lodnia deal, Blacksox?

Everyone was ok with throwing picks around like they were candy when they traded for Militec ... ‘oh we will just get those picks back no problem’

A bird in the hand is always better than two in the bush ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2019, 03:11 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,140 Times in 781 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Thomas and McMichael looks good together is that good or bad news for us.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:45 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,424 Times in 1,717 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Hedging bets against a sub-par return in a Lodnia deal, Blacksox?

Strohs, your comprehension skills are slipping with age .

If you check all my previous posts regarding a Ivan Lodnia trade, I have actually indicated the exact opposite of that. I never once suggested a sub-par return

To recap: If Burke has been given the ok, by the Wild, to trade Lodnia, I have stated that 1. there absolutely will be a market for this high-end elite talent and 2. as a result will get full trade value in a trade.

My concern is not the return, but will Joey Burke be given the green light by his NHL team to trade him. That is a legitimate concern - in a situation where a team has loaned a signed player back to an OHL club to serve the needs of the NHL team and not the OHL team.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:49 PM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Are you saying the Wild might want him to stay in Niagara and not be traded? They sent him down to us because that is where they want him to develop this year.

Exactly what I’m say. For all we know, the Wild may be sufficiently pleased with Lodnia’s development in Niagara – and prefer he finish the season with Niagara, have a quick exit from the playoffs – and continue his development towards becoming a pro hockey players by assigning him to an AHL team asap , instead of a long play run with a contending team.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:51 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Avon is on the list over Mctavish because the Pete’s might actually trade him an I don’t think they’d trade Mctavish for almost anyone in the league even though like you I’d rather him over any of the forwards listed
No chance (zero!) of ever getting Mason McTavish. He is a top 5 pick, who is scoring goals like a 3rd year player!

Last edited by Blacksox; 12-26-2019 at 04:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2019, 03:58 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
oh we will just get those picks back no problem;

Not sure what you have missed, but the IceDogs have moved only three players to date (Phillip, Paquette and Hunter) and recouped the following picks. They still have good returns coming from Thomas, Tomasino (and hopefully Lodnia).

ICE DOGS DRAFT PICKS
2020 1st, ___,3rd ,___, 5th
2021 XX, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd , 4th, 4th,5th,6th
2022 1st, ___,___, 4th, 5th
2023 1st, ___,___, 4th, 5th, 5th
2024 1st, ___,___, 4th, 5th
2025 1st, ___, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2026 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2027 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2019, 12:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,465 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

London's playing 3 really underwhelming overagers. Maybe try and land one of their 2002's or a third rounder for Castelman.