Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 808,409   Msgs Posted: 108,472   Thread Views: 15,506,563   Online Now: 37
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:48 AM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

Other than the green team, who are the clubs that seem to always attract the high end euro talent? Then of course the million dollar question.......how?
Old 07-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,005 Times in 833 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Other than the green team, who are the clubs that seem to always attract the high end euro talent? Then of course the million dollar question.......how?
I think you answered your own question by using the word "dollar" in it.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:54 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,005 Times in 833 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I said 95% have been below average OHL players.

The only good euros they drafted were miku and Aagard. Maybe insam. He wasn't exactly a great player but managed to put up decent numbers somehow one year.

I'll be interested to see if Machala does anything this year . I expect a big improvement .

So if I give a 1 to each of miku and Aagard and a 1/2 each to Machala and insam that's three above average players over a ten year history. They've made fifteen selections.

That means 12 out of 15 were either sub par IMHO or didn't report ... I should've said 80% not 95% apparently lol

Fact of the matter is the import draft for Niagara is generally a waste of time and effort IMHO. May as well swing for the fences, get the best talent available, and hope you can convince ($) them to report ...

Just for fun here's been some of the failed selections over the years ...

"Weird Dalomir" Jancovic lol (don't even remember him)
Maxamillion Englebrecht
Petteri "I can't believe the Habs drafted me" Similla
Milan "gimpy shoulder" Doudera
Jaroslav "i. Can't think of a nickname" Pavelka
David "I belonged in Junior C" Sysla
Ondrej "slugger" Kopta
Alexander "the other Alexander drafted this year was much better than me" Protopovich
David "another late round questionable Flyers' draft pick?" Kase
"The Jean Machine" Pavel Demin
Timothy "London or bust" L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The best imports the Dogs have had, have come via trade. (Dahm and Kuhnackl)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2017, 10:41 PM
1st Line

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
98% chance he never comes here but 100% chance hes not playing in london
Love your math. When we spell London this year we can remember we started with an eff. We drafted him but London got Timmied.
The Following User Says Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post: