Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,157    Downloads: 831,254   Msgs Posted: 111,272   Thread Views: 16,631,724   Online Now: 60
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,859 Times in 1,311 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
No he didn't and if he did I'm almost certain he would have to play in the CHL or Europe
He can play anywhere since he was not drafted out of the O.

Can't play NCAA if you've signed an NHL so you're correct there.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2016, 03:51 PM
3rd Line

Newdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud of

Some tough decisions for Coach this week with Machala, Haydon and Thomas all back. Those are all potential top 6 (certainly top 9) players. What happens to the lines this week? Does he move Haydon back to D - as I am mot sure we have missed him up-front when he was out? The 3rd line of Philip, Castleman and Singer have looked very good. How do you leave that line alone and slide those guys into a top 6 of late of Knott, Corneil, Jones, Langdon, Paquette & Demin? Even if you move Demin down to the 4th line that still only creates 1 spot for 3 incoming players?

Maybe now would be an ideal time to move Knott (and maybe Corneil) and let the top 6 be a young group to develop for next season.
The Following User Says Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
Some tough decisions for Coach this week with Machala, Haydon and Thomas all back. Those are all potential top 6 (certainly top 9) players. What happens to the lines this week? Does he move Haydon back to D - as I am mot sure we have missed him up-front when he was out? The 3rd line of Philip, Castleman and Singer have looked very good. How do you leave that line alone and slide those guys into a top 6 of late of Knott, Corneil, Jones, Langdon, Paquette & Demin? Even if you move Demin down to the 4th line that still only creates 1 spot for 3 incoming players?

Maybe now would be an ideal time to move Knott (and maybe Corneil) and let the top 6 be a young group to develop for next season.

Thomas and Machala will go back in and C.Davis and Smith will be out.. so they really only need to figure out what to do with Haydon
Old 11-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,521 Times in 708 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
I would shop Knott.

Definitely keep Paquette. He keeps getting better and will be important next year

To keep in line with the predominantly "99" rebuild, the Ice Dogs should look to trade Knott for a "99".

Anyone see someone on here, that might be possible trading partner?

2015 OHL PRIORITY DRAFT:
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/2015-draft/
Old 11-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post

To keep in line with the predominantly "99" rebuild, the Ice Dogs should look to trade Knott for a "99".

2015 OHL PRIORITY DRAFT:
From that list I'd pick Owen Tippett... but me personally I'd try to get a 00 for Knott
Old 11-06-2016, 05:43 PM
3rd Line

Newdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Thomas and Machala will go back in and C.Davis and Smith will be out.. so they really only need to figure out what to do with Haydon
Sounds easy - but what is your 4th line, as they get so little ice that they won't develop?
Old 11-06-2016, 05:45 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
From that list I'd pick Owen Tippett... but me personally I'd try to get a 00 for Knott
Mississauga are certainly looking for top 6 forwards - but they will never trade Tippett. He is (in my opinion) far better than Knott now - and has plenty of development left in him.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post

2015 OHL PRIORITY DRAFT:
I would take a few guys but all wouldn't be traded
Old 11-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

I believe it was Strohs or Blacksox who mentioned that it will be a LONG rebuild.
Next season could be worse.....just saying.
Look for impact players for the 2018-19 season, no?

Maybe it was Auld
Old 11-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,521 Times in 708 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
00 would be good too. If they can add players in that age range, they can grow together for a run at championship in 2018-2019. However, when can you trade for a 00?