Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,098    Downloads: 818,182   Msgs Posted: 109,648   Thread Views: 16,073,813   Online Now: 61
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:55 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,141 Times in 634 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
To those who say it's a wasted pick, please don't ever complain about high end talent magically falling into the laps of the London Knights. I don't know how many times I've read bitching and moaning on this site about players sliding down the board to London because teams are afraid to draft a kid that says he won't report.

The Niagara IceDogs just basically said we'll do something about it. They took the kid who was going to "magically" end up in London this year. Now, it's highly unlikely that he'll ever step foot in the Meridian Centre, but now there is no reason for him to step foot in the Budweiser Gardens either. I wish the other 18 teams in the league had the berries to take a stand as well.

If you don't like the way London gets the top level talent, you can either bitch about it or do something about it, yesterday the Dogs did something about it. Kudos.

Now, do everything you can to try and get him to report. If not, simply look at the import history of the Icedogs. Did they really lose anything? Williamson stated on numerous occasions that the Dogs have zero scouts and contacts over there. They basically just take some average kid that will report. Almost every import pick they've taken could be replaced by another Ontario kid or someone already in their system.

You can name all of the impact imports that come over and play for other teams. But, until you get one yourself, and obviously that wasn't happening again this year. You might as well swing for the fences instead of bringing over another mediocre project type player. If pisses off Hunter.... All the better.

Just my two cents, but I applaud the move.

I've been saying this forever .

Thank you for repeating it so eloquently .

Glad the dogs finally manned up.

Otherwise he would've fallen to London at like what ... #49 overall in the first round?

What does suck is when he doesn't report ... I'll only have one imports chops to bust this year instead of the usual two lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that the Dogs will receive a compensatory pick if this kid doesn't report, so why not swing for the fences like they did with David Kase? If Kase reports, great! If not, throw another pick in the pile.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:05 AM
4th Line

bones is just really nicebones is just really nicebones is just really nicebones is just really nice

Proud of IceDogs as we all know the fix was on and if he never plays for us, he won't be playing against us when we're playing
London for the OHL Championship next year!! Way to go Joey!!:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bones For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,292 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
My understanding is that the Dogs will receive a compensatory pick if this kid doesn't report, so why not swing for the fences like they did with David Kase? If Kase reports, great! If not, throw another pick in the pile.

They get nothing if he doesn't report. That's for the regular draft not the import draft.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 11:34 PM
Big League

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post

Incorrect

Doesn't apply to import draft ...

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,416 Times in 655 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Is the CHL Import draft even really a “draft”?

Does it really matter if you pick 1st (Klim Kostin – Kootenay 2016), 40th (Oli Joulevi – London 2015) or 50th (Janne Kuokkanen – London 2016)?

It seems pretty clear from everything I’ve read this “draft” is run by the players’ agents and influenced by the drafted NHL teams. Your position in the draft is irrelevant. The players’ agent are going to decide where he plays not your draft position.

So the Ice Dogs drafting Tim Liljegren at 12 really a wasted pick?

The 2017-2018 Ice Dogs will likely be in the middle of the pack (Eastern Conference) in only the second year of the rebuild.

Joey Burke is doing exactly what many Ice Dogs have wanted this team to do – swing for the fences! He is thinking big – get Norris and Liljegren into Niagara and we’ll have a team good enough to WIN the east a year early!

If it doesn’t work out, well nothing has really changed – the Ice Dogs are still in year 2 of a 3 year rebuild – and they can “draft” a little safer in next years’ Import Draft.

Personally, I love Joey Burkes’ vision – and his willingness to make bold and daring moves!

Go Dogs!

Last edited by Blacksox; 07-02-2017 at 08:16 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Is the CHL Import draft even really a “draft”?

Does it really matter if you pick 1st (Klim Kostin – Kootenay 2016), 40th (Oli Joulevi – London 2015) or 50th (Janne Kuokkanen – London 2016)?

It seems pretty clear from everything I’ve read this “draft” is run by the players’ agents and influenced by the drafted NHL teams. Your position in the draft is irrelevant. The players’ agent are going to decide where he plays not your draft position.

So the Ice Dogs drafting Tim Liligren at 12 really a wasted pick?

The 2017-2018 Ice Dogs will likely be in the middle of the pack (Eastern Conference) in only the second year of the rebuild.

Joey Burke is doing exactly what many Ice Dogs have wanted this team to do – swing for the fences! He is thinking big – get Norris and Liligren into Niagara and we’ll have a team good enough to WIN the east a year early!

If it doesn’t work out, well nothing has really changed – the Ice Dogs are still in year 2 of a 3 year rebuild – and they can “draft” a little safer in next years’ Import Draft.

Personally, I love Joey Burkes’ vision – and his willingness to make bold and daring moves!

Go Dogs!
I could not have said it or written it better myself.
Thank you!
Old 07-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I could not have said it or written it better myself.

Thank you!

There's not really anything to add to that post. Fabulously written.

Exactly why I wish they'd do away with the import 'draft' lol

Old 07-03-2017, 08:37 AM

Thanked 1,934 Times in 1,081 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

The gamesmanship of the draft is to get the best possible player on your roster or screw the other guy by taking his best possible player.

The upside is if TML wants him in the OHL then we hit the jackpot.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of lightStinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of lightStinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of lightStinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of lightStinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
The gamesmanship of the draft is to get the best possible player on your roster or screw the other guy by taking his best possible player.

The upside is if TML wants him in the OHL then we hit the jackpot.
It could appear that who was getting the screw last week is now on the giving end. TML will evaluate which Defence Staff is better for the kids development.