Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,099    Downloads: 820,687   Msgs Posted: 109,787   Thread Views: 16,092,722   Online Now: 84
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:52 PM

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,083 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default IceDogs Announce New GM

It appears as though the organization has made a commitment to an actual General Manager now...

Click Here
Old 04-26-2017, 01:48 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to all

Tough to fire if he does a crappy job -
The Following User Says Thank You to canucks4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 03:11 PM
1st Line

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
It appears as though the organization has made a commitment to an actual General Manager now...

Click Here
In related news... Water, wet... Sun, warm... And Firing him for poor performance will really screw up family Thanksgiving dinners...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 10:47 PM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
In related news... Water, wet... Sun, warm...
I'm sure one or two clicked the link full of anticipation as to the name of our new GM
Old 04-27-2017, 06:52 AM
1st Line

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
I'm sure one or two clicked the link full of anticipation as to the name of our new GM
I know, but really, anyone who doubted this move haven't been paying attention. lol He didn't step on his crank with golf shoes on during last year's trial run... The only question was how long it was going to take the Burkes to make the announcement of him assuming the title of GM. But...

Realistically where do they go from here, if he has a run of bad luck, or the team goes in the toilet for a couple of years, it's not like they're likely to demote him, or fire him. So do we expect him to run the team until he gets tired of it? Do the boys take over ownership when Mom and Dad decide to retire. I don't dislike this move, I'm just interested to see what happens because of this in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

When I first read the news about a 'major announcement', I was thinking more: major trade, logo change, name change, etc.
I thought Joey Burke would eventually be named GM, if he effectively was not already. I for one am quite happy with the work he's done so far. Good work re-stocking the cupboard; the franchise appears headed in the right direction Akil Thomas looks to be a 'franchise player' in the making, and I can't find much to be unhappy about in the drafting of Philip Tomasino. For a team of 16-and-17 year olds to make the playoffs(despite getting smoked in four straight), it's all onward-and-upward.
GDG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 08:41 AM

The slam-dunks are easy. Top ranked and highly rated Akil Thomas was a choice anyone could have made (same for Tomasino). The true talent of a GM (in heavy concert with trusted and intuitive scouts) is obtaining top talent in later rounds (Castleman, Phillip) or picking up other people's cast-offs at a reasonable price (Maksimov, Brack).
Old 04-27-2017, 11:19 AM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of lightStinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of lightStinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of lightStinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of lightStinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of lightStinkyp3t3 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The slam-dunks are easy. Top ranked and highly rated Akil Thomas was a choice anyone could have made (same for Tomasino). The true talent of a GM (in heavy concert with trusted and intuitive scouts) is obtaining top talent in later rounds (Castleman, Phillip) or picking up other people's cast-offs at a reasonable price (Maksimov, Brack).
Or, moving a 1st & 2nd round pick to another team and hope they don't turn into stars.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,013 Times in 837 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

I felt he should have got more for Knott and probably would have at the trade deadline.

The deal for Maksimov so far is a steal.

Trading Paquette for all of those picks was highway robbery.

The trade for Brack to me was a nothing deal. Owen Sound wanted Cordell James. They were either going to release Brack or trade him for anything they could get for him to make room for James.

So far I would give him an A-. The minus is only because I think he should've got more for Knott. Other than that, I think he's done very well.

I do have the same fear as a lot of others, if he does crap the bed in the future.... will he be held accountable?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Fish 100% on this thoughts above.
Thanks again to all for input on new GM
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: