Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,099    Downloads: 820,687   Msgs Posted: 109,788   Thread Views: 16,092,842   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:15 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to all

..... Also, when Windsor won 2 Memorial Cups back to back in 2009\2010 they were caught cheating ( I believe 2010) and paid a 400,000 fine and had high draft picks taken away, yet the league rewards them with hosting the Memorial Cup a mere seven years later and win by getting in the back door. ..... Hhhhhmmm bust for cheating in 09/10 years and back door in 2017. Is any of Windsor's Cup titles legitimate ??
Old 06-01-2017, 07:49 PM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice

Think you mean 4 games. should we vote to see who the winner is or actually play the games?
The Following User Says Thank You to jumbo1290 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2017, 10:36 AM
4th Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

if you go undefeated should you not be declared the winnerseattle was 0-4 st johns 2-3 erie 3-2 windsor 4-0 who should win in this format
Old 06-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
if you go undefeated should you not be declared the winnerseattle was 0-4 st johns 2-3 erie 3-2 windsor 4-0 who should win in this format
I would declare them the clear winner as you stated. The best team won.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:23 AM
1st Line

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I would declare them the clear winner as you stated. The best team won.
I think the point was that they weren't the best team... Just the best in this tournament format... which I can't disagree with. I wondered watching that first round match up with London if Windsor really wanted to win all that bad, there were times they had their skates on London's throat and it looked like they let them up a bit...

I would never say that I think they tanked in the playoffs, but that 44 days off REALLY helped them prepare a strong game plan that made most of the other teams (who were pretty beat up from their League Championships) look weak...

Personally I don't have an issue with the format as it stands. I think you need at least a 4 team tournament to make it fun, and to attract fans. I just think there's a lot of sour grapes when the host city who exits the playoffs early wins the tourney.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

We should also keep in mind that Windsor did not have a regular roster for most of the season due to injuries and so on.
They did not get the opportunity to grow together as a unit until just before the playoffs began, and I am told that once they were eliminated from the playoffs, that they worked really hard to stay in game shape.

I am a die-hard Ice Dogs fan and do not particularly like Windsor, but, I believe that they, as a team finished the season as one of the CHL top 10 rankings, which tell me that they were a pretty good team during the regular season
Old 06-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I think Stanley made a big difference for Windsor when he returned at least has an Ice dog fan we get to say we beat the eventual Memorial Cup Camps when they played here and we beat Erie twice prob should have been three times. I say Windsor deserve it Erie had a chance to beat them twice and could not do it .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I think Stanley made a big difference for Windsor when he returned at least has an Ice dog fan we get to say we beat the eventual Memorial Cup Camps when they played here and we beat Erie twice prob should have been three times. I say Windsor deserve it Erie had a chance to beat them twice and could not do it .
I agree with you 100% and thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: