Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 807,923   Msgs Posted: 108,467   Thread Views: 15,489,255   Online Now: 60
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:31 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I agree does not look good to have revolving door of coaches I hope they pick the right man
Old 07-26-2017, 12:10 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,252 Times in 570 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
He was aware they were talking, but it came out of nowhere? You can't suck and blow at the same time. If you were "aware" then it didn't come from "nowhere". The fact that they were talking to Bell and the GM was "aware", one would think that they would've at the very least been somewhat prepared for this possibility.

This not good.
Purely speculation on my part, but reading between the lines of that quote by Joey Burke it sounds like he was caught completely off guard by this sudden departure of David Bell. They signed him to a 3 years contract only 60 days ago David Bell must have given Joey Burke every reason to believe in him.

This sounds and looks more like a betrayal of the trust and faith the Niagara Ice Dogs put in David Bell.

This is not good - it's terrible!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,252 Times in 570 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

It certainly came out of nowhere”, IceDogs General Manager Joey Burke said via text message Tuesday night. “I was aware he was talking to them but I was with him yesterday and he had said there was no offer so very surprising, but to his credit I believe it came together very quickly last night and this morning” Burke went on to say.

The comments “came out of nowhere” and “I was aware he was talking” – sounds like David Bell notified Joey Burke of this possibility only recently.

According to Joey Burke, as of Monday, there was not even an offer made to David Bell – so Bell was either lying to Burke or as soon as he got an offer – bolted!

Thanks for nothing Bell.

Last edited by Blacksox; 07-26-2017 at 12:50 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 02:11 PM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice

Quote:
He was aware they were talking, but it came out of nowhere? You can't suck and blow at the same time. If you were "aware" then it didn't come from "nowhere". The fact that they were talking to Bell and the GM was "aware", one would think that they would've at the very least been somewhat prepared for this possibility. Maybe, even have a contingency plan. Like a list of coaches that are available and capable.

I have no idea if junior will be a good head coach. The problem I see, is if he isn't. Will he ever get the blame or the axe from mom, dad or little brother? It's a hell of a roll of the dice.

As for the recruiting aspect. Third head coach in three years, shows little stability. For an organization that has trouble recruiting players, this doesn't help. Especially if perception is that junior was hired only because of nepotism. And we all know perception is reality.

This not good.
players pay little attention to stability
Old 07-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

"Pre-season tuneup has been cancelled" Reported.
Don't know what that means.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:34 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
"Pre-season tuneup has been cancelled" Reported.
Don't know what that means.
I think it was the camp that Bell was doing for younger kids
Old 07-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

At best, it sounds like to me that David Bell was given an opportunity by the Ontario(CA)Reign he was not expecting, and was handed a bit of a time-sensitive offer, or this departure was something more of an under-the-table kind of thing. It doesn't look good on Bell's part either way. Bell has kind of left the IceDogs high-and-dry here. I would think Billy is now going to take the wheel as HC. If BBjr. is entering his 6th or 7th year as AC, and now the Dogs suddenly have a coaching vacancy, do you think the Burkes would bring in a HC from the outside?
Old 07-26-2017, 03:14 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,005 Times in 833 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
players pay little attention to stability
But, agents and parents do.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:13 PM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice

Quote:
But, agents and parents do.
unlikely that a move such as this scares someone off; part of the hockey business and everyone recognizes that
Old 07-26-2017, 05:40 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Have to say I shuddered when Bell was named HC last year. He did an admirable job last year and I was really looking forward to the teams progress under his tutelage this year.

Could not agree more ... a name coach would go a LONG WAY to recruiting prospects who are dangling the NCAA. The problem is, this late in the season there are not many 'big name' coaches left to be hired.

Just like a big name coach would help a lot in recruiting ... I think having an inexperienced Burke will go a long way to HURTING recruiting ...

Really unfortunately I think the Dogs are in a bind and I really see no easy way of them finding a good solution to this problem.

Gotta say Bell really kinda put the screws to the Dogs by leaving this late in the offseason.

As much as I think he could be ready for a promotion ... think this is a low blow he dealt the Dogs.

And really, is an assistant coach in the ECHL a promotion from an OHL head coach? Geez I'm not sure about that .

I fear that Burke Jr will be named coach as the Dogs' have little options at this point ... I know it was going to happen sooner or later ... seems a little sooner to me than ideal ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its Ontario reign AHL... farm team la kings....