Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,098    Downloads: 818,182   Msgs Posted: 109,648   Thread Views: 16,073,993   Online Now: 68
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:25 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I get the impression that the Niagara Ice Dogs are simply not a high-profile franchise. Nepotism doesn't help. It would not surprise me to learn that OHL coaches looking for work aren't exactly beating down the doors to work for the Burkes. It's not that I disagreed with the firing of Marty Williamson, I was very much in favour of it. What I didn't like was how the Burkes went about creating what must have been a really uncomfortable situation installing their son as Assistant Coach. Rightly or wrongly, that sends a very bad vibe across the OHL as far as how things work here. How do you all think it was perceived across the league when the Dogs fired a high-profile, hand-picked coach with multiple years left on his very expensive contract?
On the other hand, perhaps the Burkes are just waiting to be out from under Marty's contract, and the Burke Boys are just filling in, and gaining some experience..
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2017, 04:35 PM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I get the impression that the Niagara Ice Dogs are simply not a high-profile franchise. Nepotism doesn't help. It would not surprise me to learn that OHL coaches looking for work aren't exactly beating down the doors to work for the Burkes. It's not that I disagreed with the firing of Marty Williamson, I was very much in favour of it. What I didn't like was how the Burkes went about creating what must have been a really uncomfortable situation installing their son as Assistant Coach. Rightly or wrongly, that sends a very bad vibe across the OHL as far as how things work here. How do you all think it was perceived across the league when the Dogs fired a high-profile, hand-picked coach with multiple years left on his very expensive contract?
On the other hand, perhaps the Burkes are just waiting to be out from under Marty's contract, and the Burke Boys are just filling in, and gaining some experience..
London Knights have Dylan Hunter; don't be surprised if a Hatcher appears in Sarnia, or a Rychel in Windsor. It's the way business works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumbo1290 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2017, 06:52 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud of

Are their any rumours floating around about possible candidates?

Other than a family member.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:52 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

That's it exactly, 1290. At this rate, what happens first: a championship or a 20th anniversary patch on the Dogs' sweaters?
Old 07-28-2017, 06:03 AM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice

Championship is in the offing.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:36 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone else curious as to why we have heard absolutely nothing from the Ice Dogs organization about what their intentions are with respect to filling Dave Bell's position. Usually there would be a rumour or a leak about what the team is doing to get prepared for the upcoming training camp/new season however it would seem that no-one has found out anything and we are all still speculating and in the dark. Has there been any chatter on any of the other websites? It would be nice for the fans to have some idea what direction the team is following for next season.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:10 PM

Thanked 1,934 Times in 1,081 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
Is anyone else curious as to why we have heard absolutely nothing from the Ice Dogs organization about what their intentions are with respect to filling Dave Bell's position.
Likely because they are still in negotiations with interested and available candidates. As for the "other" sources, there is nothing solid, just speculation that Nystrom is heading our way from Brock and Williamson may take his spot.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:32 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Likely because they are still in negotiations with interested and available candidates. As for the "other" sources, there is nothing solid, just speculation that Nystrom is heading our way from Brock and Williamson may take his spot.
I saw the Marty going to Brock speculation but didn't see anything about Nystrom coming here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if fans aren't hearing anything because the next guy is already in house and they are looking for another assistant coach
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2017, 01:00 PM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I saw the Marty going to Brock speculation but didn't see anything about Nystrom coming here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if fans aren't hearing anything because the next guy is already in house and they are looking for another assistant coach
Even if that was the case, surely we would have heard something about that decision. I am really surprised that this amount of time has passed since David Bell accepted his new job and we have not heard a peep about what might be happening with the Ice Dogs.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:58 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
Even if that was the case, surely we would have heard something about that decision. I am really surprised that this amount of time has passed since David Bell accepted his new job and we have not heard a peep about what might be happening with the Ice Dogs.
With all due respect, why would we hear anything from the Ice Dogs organisation until this agenda is finalized one way or another.
If I were the GM, I would not want any negotiations going public and maybe making them harder to finalize.
Just my thoughts here though.

I am also surprised that the name of Ted Nolan has not re-appeared on this site until now. I believe that his remaining contract with Buffalo may have come to an end or, he might have one year left being that he signed and extension with Buffalo.

Time will tell...
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: