Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,098    Downloads: 818,182   Msgs Posted: 109,648   Thread Views: 16,073,993   Online Now: 68
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #51  
Old 07-27-2017, 09:25 AM
dogged74's Avatar
dogged74 dogged74 is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,133
Thanks: 661
Thanked 603 Times in 386 Posts
dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I get the impression that the Niagara Ice Dogs are simply not a high-profile franchise. Nepotism doesn't help. It would not surprise me to learn that OHL coaches looking for work aren't exactly beating down the doors to work for the Burkes. It's not that I disagreed with the firing of Marty Williamson, I was very much in favour of it. What I didn't like was how the Burkes went about creating what must have been a really uncomfortable situation installing their son as Assistant Coach. Rightly or wrongly, that sends a very bad vibe across the OHL as far as how things work here. How do you all think it was perceived across the league when the Dogs fired a high-profile, hand-picked coach with multiple years left on his very expensive contract?
On the other hand, perhaps the Burkes are just waiting to be out from under Marty's contract, and the Burke Boys are just filling in, and gaining some experience..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
  #52  
Old 07-27-2017, 04:35 PM
jumbo1290 jumbo1290 is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 207
Thanks: 142
Thanked 109 Times in 60 Posts
jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I get the impression that the Niagara Ice Dogs are simply not a high-profile franchise. Nepotism doesn't help. It would not surprise me to learn that OHL coaches looking for work aren't exactly beating down the doors to work for the Burkes. It's not that I disagreed with the firing of Marty Williamson, I was very much in favour of it. What I didn't like was how the Burkes went about creating what must have been a really uncomfortable situation installing their son as Assistant Coach. Rightly or wrongly, that sends a very bad vibe across the OHL as far as how things work here. How do you all think it was perceived across the league when the Dogs fired a high-profile, hand-picked coach with multiple years left on his very expensive contract?
On the other hand, perhaps the Burkes are just waiting to be out from under Marty's contract, and the Burke Boys are just filling in, and gaining some experience..
London Knights have Dylan Hunter; don't be surprised if a Hatcher appears in Sarnia, or a Rychel in Windsor. It's the way business works.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumbo1290 For This Useful Post:
  #53  
Old 07-27-2017, 06:52 PM
Dogs Enthusiast 104 Dogs Enthusiast 104 is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 697
Thanks: 136
Thanked 290 Times in 164 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud of
Default

Are their any rumours floating around about possible candidates?

Other than a family member.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheering the hardest in Sec. 104.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-27-2017, 08:52 PM
dogged74's Avatar
dogged74 dogged74 is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,133
Thanks: 661
Thanked 603 Times in 386 Posts
dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

That's it exactly, 1290. At this rate, what happens first: a championship or a 20th anniversary patch on the Dogs' sweaters?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-28-2017, 06:03 AM
jumbo1290 jumbo1290 is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 207
Thanks: 142
Thanked 109 Times in 60 Posts
jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice
Default

Championship is in the offing.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:36 AM
conchar conchar is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 848
Thanks: 4,618
Thanked 429 Times in 217 Posts
conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Is anyone else curious as to why we have heard absolutely nothing from the Ice Dogs organization about what their intentions are with respect to filling Dave Bell's position. Usually there would be a rumour or a leak about what the team is doing to get prepared for the upcoming training camp/new season however it would seem that no-one has found out anything and we are all still speculating and in the dark. Has there been any chatter on any of the other websites? It would be nice for the fans to have some idea what direction the team is following for next season.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:10 PM
NiceDawg's Avatar
NiceDawg NiceDawg is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,542
Thanks: 1,092
Thanked 1,934 Times in 1,081 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
Is anyone else curious as to why we have heard absolutely nothing from the Ice Dogs organization about what their intentions are with respect to filling Dave Bell's position.
Likely because they are still in negotiations with interested and available candidates. As for the "other" sources, there is nothing solid, just speculation that Nystrom is heading our way from Brock and Williamson may take his spot.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:32 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,271
Thanks: 307
Thanked 261 Times in 205 Posts
dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Likely because they are still in negotiations with interested and available candidates. As for the "other" sources, there is nothing solid, just speculation that Nystrom is heading our way from Brock and Williamson may take his spot.
I saw the Marty going to Brock speculation but didn't see anything about Nystrom coming here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if fans aren't hearing anything because the next guy is already in house and they are looking for another assistant coach
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
  #59  
Old 07-28-2017, 01:00 PM
conchar conchar is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 848
Thanks: 4,618
Thanked 429 Times in 217 Posts
conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I saw the Marty going to Brock speculation but didn't see anything about Nystrom coming here. I wouldn't be at all surprised if fans aren't hearing anything because the next guy is already in house and they are looking for another assistant coach
Even if that was the case, surely we would have heard something about that decision. I am really surprised that this amount of time has passed since David Bell accepted his new job and we have not heard a peep about what might be happening with the Ice Dogs.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-28-2017, 01:58 PM
retired/sectionJ's Avatar
retired/sectionJ retired/sectionJ is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Welland
Posts: 1,678
Thanks: 1,281
Thanked 891 Times in 513 Posts
retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
Even if that was the case, surely we would have heard something about that decision. I am really surprised that this amount of time has passed since David Bell accepted his new job and we have not heard a peep about what might be happening with the Ice Dogs.
With all due respect, why would we hear anything from the Ice Dogs organisation until this agenda is finalized one way or another.
If I were the GM, I would not want any negotiations going public and maybe making them harder to finalize.
Just my thoughts here though.

I am also surprised that the name of Ted Nolan has not re-appeared on this site until now. I believe that his remaining contract with Buffalo may have come to an end or, he might have one year left being that he signed and extension with Buffalo.

Time will tell...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015