Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,098    Downloads: 818,441   Msgs Posted: 109,680   Thread Views: 16,082,439   Online Now: 74
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:19 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow....Shocking.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:29 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I'd also be curious to see what happens when the time comes that the coach needs to be fired
My biggest worry right here. That won't be pretty.

If Billy winds up being a good head coach, I don't think the nepotism angle will mean that much.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:32 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Wow....Shocking.
Sarcasm?

This is what I thought would happen as soon as Bell bolted.
The Following User Says Thank You to slamr For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2017, 12:38 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Can't disagree with you FF.

I think most would agree that the Dogs should move to the middle of the pack this year with a large number of returning players ...

IMHO anything short of a 4th-5th place finish in the conference will be a disappointment.

I really wonder though how this move affects recruiting.

The organization reaks of nepotism ... can't imagine that this move positively affects recruiting.

I'd also be curious to see what happens when the time comes that the coach needs to be fired .... which is inevitable unless your name is Stan Butler lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Although I agree with you that this team could finish 4th-5th maybe even 3rd the defence is still a big question for me. As for the recruiting I don't think this will change anything
Old 07-31-2017, 12:38 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe our moderator will have some time to link these two threads together. Thanks in advance
Old 07-31-2017, 12:43 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Can't disagree with you FF.

I think most would agree that the Dogs should move to the middle of the pack this year with a large number of returning players ...

IMHO anything short of a 4th-5th place finish in the conference will be a disappointment.

I really wonder though how this move affects recruiting.

The organization reaks of nepotism ... can't imagine that this move positively affects recruiting.

I'd also be curious to see what happens when the time comes that the coach needs to be fired .... which is inevitable unless your name is Stan Butler lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he is a good coach, it will help recruiting I think. The Burke's try to create a family atmosphere for the players. Having their sons as GM and head coach only helps promote that image.

While I was sad to see Bell leave, everyone knew Bell's position was only temporary and that Billy would replace him sooner than later. I think Bell likely accepted the AHL position for better job security. Now the uncertainty is gone and the IceDogs have a head coach who will likely be there for years to come. That stability can only help recruiting.

If Billy struggles, it's unlikely he will ever be fired. But I am sure they would bring in some experienced assistants who could help Billy develop further. My gut feeling is that after 8 years as an assistant he is ready.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 07-31-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:50 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
Sarcasm?

This is what I thought would happen as soon as Bell bolted.
I knew he would be head coach...5 minutes after the Bell announcement came down...so yes it was sarcasm...lol
Old 07-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Wow....Shocking.
Cue Darth Vader saying "The Snark is strong in this one." Oh, and this too....
Old 07-31-2017, 01:15 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a glorious beacon of lightnotldogsfan is a glorious beacon of lightnotldogsfan is a glorious beacon of lightnotldogsfan is a glorious beacon of lightnotldogsfan is a glorious beacon of lightnotldogsfan is a glorious beacon of light

This + Joey as GM takes away whatever reputation this organization has been building. If the Ice Dogs underperform this season, I think you see several seasons tickets not renewed. I myself have been a huge fan since day 1, but I have little time for nepotism. These hirings could set the organization back years.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:09 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to begin the season with a very open mind on our new Head Coach. I will make my decision as usual during the Christmas break.