Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,800    Downloads: 1,975,728   Msgs Posted: 134,836   Thread Views: 33,325,203   Online Now: 146
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:32 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!
Default IceDogs Trying to Find Their Voice

I think most of you have heard by now. If not, Elliot Price has left 610 CKTB as the PxP voice of the Niagara IceDogs. He was only here for one season after the departure of Ted Lehman, the Dogs’ PxP since day one. I really am of mixed feelings on this. Price was one who, after hearing him in his first year as a PxP broadcaster, was definitely raw. Having said that, I loved his enthusiasm. A big-time homer for SURE, but I felt that would have smoothed out as time went on.
I have not heard anything about a potential replacement as of yet, and I have to admit to no small amount of worry that the Dogs will hire a new voice in time for the season starting, as I understand it, in January 2021. This gives the Dogs some time to seek out a new voice, to see what’s out there, who’s out there, and what’s possible. I also understood that the Dogs were one of the few OHL teams that had a travelling broadcaster; this meant that CKTB would broadcast every game. I hope the Dogs get a new voice soon.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,319 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I typically avoid saying anything when I do not know someone, I assume that he is a very nice person though
I listened to Mr. Price on the Fan 590 radio morning show while he was there. A short stay. He was there one day and the next day in the same week, he was gone. No fanfare, nothing said about him no longer being there.

I was not a fan of his in Toronto and after having listened to him on the radio a couple of times, I was not liking him here either.
I wish him the best in Nova Scotia and goodbye Elliott.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:45 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,260 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default IceDogs Trying to Find Their Voice

Just saw on the twitter verse

Elliot no longer headed to Nova Scotia

?Looking forward to more @OHLIcedogs games?. He says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 07:54 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I like this news.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:14 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,184 Times in 813 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

So he doing Icedogs game again next season.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:55 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

Well, ok, plans fall through sometimes.. Having Elliot Price on 610 is a whole lot better than not having him This is not to say that Steve Clark and Ed Burkholder don’t do a good job on the Cogeco coverage. I just think that having radio coverage, home and away, is more important than the games being on TV. That is, if I had to choose between the two. The constant, consistent, and free coverage that radio provides is invaluable.
But it would be interesting to know what happened here..

Last edited by dogged74; 08-24-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:27 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I am still curious as to what happened to Ted Lehman. I liked him way more that Mr. Price. Just my opinion though.
I was not a fan of Ted sidekick though.
Either way, it is what it is. And dogged 74 in having both TV and radio are bonus.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,125 Times in 1,318 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I am still curious as to what happened to Ted Lehman. I liked him way more that Mr. Price. Just my opinion though.
We tend to agree on most things.... this isn't one of them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
We tend to agree on most things.... this isn't one of them.
Just think how boring things would be if we always agreed. I just didn't like Elliot on the Fan590 radio and it just carried over to here. All good
Old 08-25-2020, 07:28 PM

Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,984 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Just think how boring things would be if we always agreed. I just didn't like Elliot on the Fan590 radio and it just carried over to here. All good

Not a fan of Price either, was hoping they brought in someone different.