Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,419    Downloads: 1,185,416   Msgs Posted: 121,022   Thread Views: 21,264,983   Online Now: 86
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-14-2018, 09:22 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,086 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Game Thread Niagara Ice Dogs @ Sudbury Wolves - Sunday, 2018.10.13 – 3:05pm

GAME 9 / 68 vs SUDBURY WOLVES

THE WALL: Famous Ones: Berlin Wall, Great Wall of China, Wailing Wall, Bulin Wall, Walmart, Another Brick in the Wall - OHL now has the Ukko-Wall. The IceDogs looking to “break on through to the other side” this afternoon.

VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR
Sunday’s game is televised on YourTV or can be purchased at OHL LIVE ($6.99)
https://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/

A DAY IN THE LIFE
With last night’s game and this afternoon’s game only 17 hours apart, the Ice Dogs will be playing the rare 2 in 1 . Niagara’s turn to play on short rest and tired legs – looking for the “5 out of 6 Ain’t Bad” weekend.

START ME UP
Colton Incze NIAG 3 3.93 0.871
With two games in one day , Incze will draw the start - motivated by a chance for redemption!

vs

Ukko-Pekka (7K) Luukkonen SBY 5 2.35 0.929

HUNGRY LIKE A WOLF
A five game win streak vaulted the Wolves into the CHL’s Top-10 – they headed into the weekend as the #8 ranked team in the CHL. Just last week, the IceDogs beat them in every aspect of the game except on the scoreboard. “Luukkonen stole us a game, flat out,” Wolves head coach Cory Stillman.

The Wolves are currently amoung the Eastern conference leaders – but by their own admission, Sudbury has been the beneficiary of game-stealing goaltending from Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. “He gives you belief that you can win every hockey game. It isn’t always pretty for us.” Coach Stillman. After only a few weeks, Lukkonnen has established himself as one the leagues’ best goalies.

In their last meeting, the Ice Dogs fired 48 shots on Luukkonen – and Sunday could be similar. Sudbury’s defense continues to be their achilles heel. Traffic in front the net and quick puck movement would help the IceDogs get a few past the Ukko Wall. On Friday night, the Colts’ shooters got to him, as Ukko was pulled midway through the 2nd.

LEADER OF THE PACK
Wolves’ offense is led by 2015 1st overall pick David Levin (8 points) and 2018 1st overall pick Quinton Byfield (6 points).

For the IceDogs, the offense is led by Thomas (15 pts), Maksimov (14 pts), Jones (11 pts) and Lodnia (10 pts).

IceDogs PP ranked 5thSUDBURY ranked 11th
Ice Dogs PK ranked 17thSUDBURY ranked 9th

IT’S A LONG WAY TO THE TOP
Maksimov is on pace to score 77 goals this season (club record 51 – Luca Caputi) - and Thomas is on pace to record 102 assists (club record 73 – Ryan Strome).

Maksimov and Jones extended their point streak to 8 games – going for 9 today!

An interesting stat. Daniel Bukac leads the IceDogs in +/- with a +6. In fact, through 8 games this season Bukac has not be a minus in any of those games.

Swiss Import Kyen Sopa roofed his 5th of the season. FYI Table set for a 42 goal season.

NEW KID IN TOWN
http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/icedog...quick-learner/

Sopa seems unfazed by his quick adjustment. “Everything is new. The hockey is the same, but it’s way faster,” he said. “They gave me the chance and I had the opportunity to show what I can do. I took it and I think I’m in a good spot now.”

Sopa has shown not only a nice scoring touch so far, but the willingness to mix it up. “He has a reputation for playing with a bit of an edge and he’s shown that here. He’s fearless and gritty. He’ll go to the net, he’ll go to the corners, he’ll finish his check,” Billy Burke said.

#GDG
Old 10-14-2018, 11:16 AM

Thanked 2,763 Times in 1,510 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Niagara is playing their 3rd game of the week and second on the road. Sudbury had last night off and are hosting this match_up. Both teams are licking their wounds from losses to Barrie, though Niagara captured a point.

...I've got a bad feeling about this.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:29 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Niagara is playing their 3rd game of the week and second on the road. Sudbury had last night off and are hosting this match_up. Both teams are licking their wounds from losses to Barrie, though Niagara captured a point.

...I've got a bad feeling about this.
Yea I don’t have a good feeling about it either I’d take another point (4 of 6 isn’t a bad weekend) I’m going to be optimistic and say 4-2 dogs even though I think it’ll be 4-2 the other way
Old 10-14-2018, 03:48 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Incze gets the start and Sbaraglia gets added to the roster and backs up
Old 10-14-2018, 04:05 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Low expectations here. I’m thinking 3-1, 3-0 Sudbury.
It feels like to me that Sudbury has always played the Dogs tough, right from Day One.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

The Dogs play better against thevWolves in Sudbury over the years why change I say 6 to 3 Dogs
Old 10-14-2018, 04:42 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Good start still.need to shore up the defensive play... giving up a 4 on 0 is not acceptable
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 04:43 PM
Big League

Good period other than the bad bounce off a skate to give them a goal and the 4 on 0 isn’t good
Old 10-14-2018, 05:30 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

That is why Schaefer is the line up. Most popular player in the locker room, and sticking up for the rookie in Moore.

Dirty play by one of the Pilon brothers as per usual for them. But have to admit they would look good in an IceDogs uniform. Need players like that to get under other players skins. Kind of like the Ruperts from that green team a few years back.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:47 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Did Sudbury go out drinking last night