Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 807,923   Msgs Posted: 108,467   Thread Views: 15,489,255   Online Now: 55
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:31 PM
2nd Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud of
Default Elton John

Hard ticket to get today on the Amex pre-sale. I failed.

I think this thing is going to sell out fast.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Ticketmaster also had pre-sale today as well
All the tickets that I eventually found were priced at $185.00.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:12 PM

Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,024 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Hard ticket to get today on the Amex pre-sale. I failed.

I think this thing is going to sell out fast.
Meh, not a fan. I appreciate his success and realize he has a huge audience and appeal, just not for me
Old 05-12-2017, 04:46 PM
2nd Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud of

Sold out.

That is really good news for the MC. Because it means we can support high priced international acts. I expect more shows like this.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:10 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,103 Times in 615 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Meh, not a fan. I appreciate his success and realize he has a huge audience and appeal, just not for me

Not for me either.

Like a few songs.

Not going to cough up that cake to watch him.

Great act to get for our venue though. One of the top artists in the world really.

Impressed they got him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Big League

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Sold out.

That is really good news for the MC. Because it means we can support high priced international acts. I expect more shows like this.

Really hope u r right!!!

Old 05-13-2017, 04:31 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Really hope u r right!!!
I think I am.

Quote:
Tickets were $85.50 to $185 to see John in a relatively intimate 360 degree setting with 6,400 people.
Likely over 1 Million dollars in ticket sales. That has to be the biggest box office take for the Meridian Centre yet.

You can get some pretty big bands for a million dollars.

Last edited by Dogs Enthusiast 104; 05-13-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:05 AM

Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,024 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Some bigger bands enjoy playing smaller venues, especially at the start of a tour or during the writing stage of a new release. The Meridian Centre is a perfect size for that and for upcoming bands. I have attended a few such events at the Covelli Centre in Youngstown, OH and there is no reason Niagara can't attract these types of events.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:04 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
Some bigger bands enjoy playing smaller venues, especially at the start of a tour
Yes, and very often they will rent the place for a week to iron out the bugs of new staging and crew.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:06 PM
Big League

Quote:
Some bigger bands enjoy playing smaller venues, especially at the start of a tour or during the writing stage of a new release. The Meridian Centre is a perfect size for that and for upcoming bands. I have attended a few such events at the Covelli Centre in Youngstown, OH and there is no reason Niagara can't attract these types of events.

I agree...

BUT ...

To play devil's advocate, why isn't this happening ?