Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,098    Downloads: 818,420   Msgs Posted: 109,680   Thread Views: 16,082,311   Online Now: 82
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

My only real complaint is that when we were leaving, I was with my dad who has respiratory issues and a staff member didn't give us priority for the elevator.. I get that they want to go home as well but the patron should hav priority with the elevators before staff that are moving their portable beer stands.. Other than that I was pleased with my first experience in the vault
Old 10-17-2014, 02:30 PM
4th Line

Around The Horn will become famous soon enough

**SPECIAL NOTE** Bulldog asked a good question. The SMG Group in Mississauga allow re-entry for smoking, why not here? Unfortunately, I don't believe it's a company policy period. For example, I know that SMG in Sioux Falls allow re-entry with your ticket stub and a hand stamp. What I do know is the SMG Managers at the Meridian Centre VERY firmly made it 100% clear to all security that there is a NO RE-ENTRY, PERIOD policy at the Meridian Centre. It is not a Niagara IceDogs policy, this will be consistent for all events within the Meridian Centre. Again, it was firmly made clear and employees will just have to abide by the rules.

**SPECIAL NOTE** Slow ticket scanning and long wait for entry was brought up a lot. Keep in mind that although this could be a problem on Saturday again, it should not be in the future. There are approximately 15, I believe, that will be available around the arena to scan tickets upon entry. Although, bad timing caught us this weekend as Brock University is on Fall Reading Week and the majority hired are Brock University Students. That is why there were only about 6 of them. I understand the inconvenience and I would like to apologize on behalf of the team, but we would appreciate if on Saturday there would be a little more patience with the ticket scanning employees. The ones that could show up are either from Niagara anyway or stayed back on Reading Week. They are doing their best to get their job done but there is only so much they can do. Again, please be patient and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Cold Hot Dogs

I have had this complaint several times and I will pass it on for sure. Just to let everybody know, it would be useless to complain about it to Niagara IceDogs staff since they do not employ the concession stand workers anymore unlike at the Jack. They are SMG - Meridian Centre staff employees so it will have to be passed on to them. I like my hot dogs hot as well and this issue will be addressed.

Cup-holders in the front row = Useless

We will have to take another look at them, I would love to answer to this question but I am afraid I might be misunderstanding. What is it about them that makes them useless? If I can get a reply I would be more than happy to do my best to help.

Soap Dispensers Empty

Fans had the right to complain, this wasn't acceptable. We will see to it that Meridian Centre staff are aware of this problem.

Allow Fans into Building before 6pm

This is a tricky one. The SMG Entertainment does not want fans in the building (if you are coming off the bridge) until 6. I believe the lobby is fine if you are coming down to the ground level (yes, parking is upstairs we are aware of the issue). You guys made a good point that in the winter it will definitely be a problem. This is something that the Niagara IceDogs and the Meridian Centre will have to sit down and discuss and I am confident that we can come to a reasonable change to assure that fans are comfortable.

Concession Stand Lines Affecting Flow of Traffic
Unfortunately, due to the way that the Meridian Centre is designed this might not be a fixable problem. Despite this, nobody expects a 5,300 sell-out attendance night in and out so at least the traffic around the area and concession stands should be minimized in later games.

Sound System Too Loud

I will pass this onto the SMG Entertainment managers. Last night was everybody's first time for everything in the new building, and volume may be adjusted.

No Selling Beer Throughout Stands

I apologize, I am not too sure about the plans for this. If you guys like, I can try and see if there are any future plans for this.

Ran out of Food Fast
This wasn't acceptable, like I mentioned before this should not be an issue in the future with smaller attendances but you are right, there should be more than enough food regardless of attendance.

More Bathrooms on Media Level

Unfortunately, I am not too aware with the media level. Like the asker mentioned this will likely be a minimized problem in the future. If not it should be addressed.

Goal Horn Practically Non-Existent

That is a problem I noticed too. As everybody gets used to the new systems I am confident that everybody will be impressed with the new goal horn system.

Expensive Prices
This is something the fans have made the Niagara IceDogs aware of and I will continue to once again pass it on to those in charge. I am confident that there will be change, but the IceDogs will have to continually be made aware of this.

Elevator Priority
I am so sorry to hear that your Dad was not given elevator priority with his respiratory issue. We will have to make sure this is addressed so that only people who need the elevator get it first over those that are too impatient. Again, my apologies.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Around The Horn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2014, 03:01 PM
3rd Line

DogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura about

Ok none of my questions except prices was addressed. Is there any upcoming plans for the end of the arena with retractable seating... or is that it? Ticket booths? LED Power Ring, Advertising between lower bowl and upper bowl, any other plans for advertising throughout building? Announcing no re-entry during periods?
Old 10-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,009 Times in 836 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

About the music being too loud... I didn't think it was loud enough at times. Just shows that there are differing opinions and for every person that sees it one way, there's someone that sees it another.

Last edited by fishfan51; 10-17-2014 at 03:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2014, 03:09 PM
3rd Line

GSAAB is a jewel in the roughGSAAB is a jewel in the roughGSAAB is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1) There is lots of room down there, curtains and crowd control barriers would keep the fans back.
2) There is a nice spot right next to where Cogeco sets up that was used for the Ice Girls to wave their Pom Poms in, total waste of space.
3) No sense in using that concession (or washrooms) if no-one can get there. Change things and it will help the congestion in the main concourse.
4) I wonder what the fire dept would say about how hard it is to get out of this building. I can't believe they were made aware of two walkways being permanently blocked off with immovable barriers (they are bolted in place )
Its Ottawa you are thinking of and because they have no barriers is probably why they hold a team back. You think teams are going to be held back when they can just go through another door (closer to the room) and get to the room? Coaches wouldn't do it. The faster they can get the team off the ice the faster they will do it.

The fire department was there before the game, I saw the trucks. I'm guessing they didn't have a problem with it.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:12 PM
4th Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogDaze View Post
Ok none of my questions except prices was addressed. Is there any upcoming plans for the end of the arena with retractable seating... or is that it? Ticket booths? LED Power Ring, Advertising between lower bowl and upper bowl, any other plans for advertising throughout building? Announcing no re-entry during periods?
My deepest apologies. As for the retractable seating, that should be it. That is the area where a stage would be when there is events unrelated to hockey. If I am not mistaken, that is a "family zone" now. As for the seats themselves, I have not heard of any changes in the near future. As for tickets, the box office and the self-serve machines upstairs are the only areas for ticket relations. Unfortunately, LED Power Ring and Advertising plans I am unaware of, but I could try my best to come in contact with SMG Managers to see if they may have any answers. Last night, they did announce re-entry but I only heard it once (I was busy, so I am unaware if they did it several times). In the future they will be announcing it more and there are plans to add more signs around the facility. Thank you for your questions and I will do my best to see that it is addressed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Around The Horn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Although the seats are quite comfortable and allow you more room that we had a the Jack, when you get adults in the seats the only thing you can put in the cup holders is your elbows.(front row only)
Old 10-17-2014, 03:41 PM
4th Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Although the seats are quite comfortable and allow you more room that we had a the Jack, when you get adults in the seats the only thing you can put in the cup holders is your elbows.(front row only)
I will see to it that this concern is passed on to Meridian Centre managers.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Game Media

fourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around The Horn View Post
Last night, they did announce re-entry but I only heard it once (I was busy, so I am unaware if they did it several times). In the future they will be announcing it more and there are plans to add more signs around the facility. Thank you for your questions and I will do my best to see that it is addressed.
We (Live Production Team) got the memo about no re-entry about 50% through the game. The production staff was unaware of this policy. We announced it once during the 2nd period. We have since (today) made a graphic and announcement to roll through a few times during the game.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

If it is the Meridian centre managers that made the decision not to allow re-entry, they should be told that they made a bad decision and change it. They are not the be all to end alls, they might make a bad decision, are they big enough to admit it. Again I am a non smoker. This is a bad decision and will hurt ticket sales in the future, can they afford for the few smokers to stay away.

Last edited by bulldog; 10-17-2014 at 05:47 PM.