Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 807,923   Msgs Posted: 108,467   Thread Views: 15,489,111   Online Now: 44
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:02 PM
3rd Line

DogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for responding ATH - That kind of sucks about the ends, it just looks so unfinished and wasted. Although I did initially ask this question I did forget to re-mention it. Is there plans to enclose the area with the sports wall of fame and displays? Or are they just going sit there on the cement in the open? This area really should have been thought out more... so much more could have been done with ability to still close it off for concerts. Hopefully in the future will get a real restaurant, bar or cafe like every other new facility in that area.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:06 PM
3rd Line

louie dogg has a spectacular aura aboutlouie dogg has a spectacular aura aboutlouie dogg has a spectacular aura about

Don't you think that the smokers could give it up for a couple of hours
Old 10-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Serving a Suspension

PuckerMan is really not well liked by the rest of the forum

Well you can't please everyone...lol. I can't wait to see what everyone is complaining about tomorrow when there are less people at the game.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:27 PM
4th Line

Around The Horn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourgrounds View Post
We (Live Production Team) got the memo about no re-entry about 50% through the game. The production staff was unaware of this policy. We announced it once during the 2nd period. We have since (today) made a graphic and announcement to roll through a few times during the game.

Thanks!
Thank you for better helping answer.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Serving a Suspension

Hexum is absolutely hated by othersHexum is absolutely hated by others

I thought the volume was perfect! To loud??? No way!

The smoking thing is a new niagara rule! Smokers need to get over it! I don't care what smokers think. Smoking should be banned altogether in my books.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:32 PM
4th Line

Around The Horn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
If it is the Meridian centre managers that made the decision not to allow re-entry, they should be told that they made a bad decision and change it. They are not the be all to end alls, they might make a bad decision, are they big enough to admit it. Again I am a non smoker. This is a bad decision and will hurt ticket sales in the future, can the afford for the few smokers to stay away.
You make a valid argument but the problem is, not everybody recognizes that it is a bad decision. As you mentioned, if it does hurt sales than who knows maybe they will have to reconsider some policies. Once again, please keep in mind that the employees around the facility are simply following firm instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogDaze View Post
Thanks for responding ATH - That kind of sucks about the ends, it just looks so unfinished and wasted. Although I did initially ask this question I did forget to re-mention it. Is there plans to enclose the area with the sports wall of fame and displays? Or are they just going sit there on the cement in the open? This area really should have been thought out more... so much more could have been done with ability to still close it off for concerts. Hopefully in the future will get a real restaurant, bar or cafe like every other new facility in that area.
You are more than welcome DogDaze. To my knowledge, I assume there are plans to fix up the Wall of Fame but at this time I do not have much information on it. That is up to the arena to decide. My apologies.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:07 PM
3rd Line

the octopus is a jewel in the roughthe octopus is a jewel in the roughthe octopus is a jewel in the rough

I'm gathering that you can't go outside to smoke during the intermission. I hope this in not true. If it is, it's ridiculous! I only smoke when I drink beer at the IceDogs games. This will hurt attendance and beer sales because I won't be buying any beer at the game if I can't go outside to smoke. Same people making this decision are the same type of people that don't like hitting or fighting in hockey.
The Following User Says Thank You to the octopus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2014, 05:34 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

led power ring is wired in.... need more money to finish it..in future
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2014, 05:54 PM
2nd Line

PeskyDog87 is a splendid one to beholdPeskyDog87 is a splendid one to beholdPeskyDog87 is a splendid one to beholdPeskyDog87 is a splendid one to beholdPeskyDog87 is a splendid one to beholdPeskyDog87 is a splendid one to beholdPeskyDog87 is a splendid one to beholdPeskyDog87 is a splendid one to behold

I think the retractable sections need railing put down the steps because of the danger there for elderly people and just for people in general that have a hard time navigating without a railing. Thinking this is something that needs to be addressed sooner than later.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:04 PM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

So if I'm reading this right, and in point form....

We don't like how we go in the box
We don't like how we leave the box
We don't like being imprisoned in the box
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobDog For This Useful Post: