Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,098    Downloads: 818,420   Msgs Posted: 109,680   Thread Views: 16,082,311   Online Now: 80
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Serving a Suspension

PuckerMan is really not well liked by the rest of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
So if I'm reading this right, and in point form....

We don't like how we go in the box
We don't like how we leave the box
We don't like being imprisoned in the box
And they don't like the price of the drinking box.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:16 PM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold
Smile New rules.... Who knew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckerMan View Post
And they don't like the price of the drinking box.
Interesting factoid with your comment.... That made me smile... How did you know

They searched my wife's purse and removed my son's drink box!

Sorry mame you can't bring that in....new rules
Old 10-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Serving a Suspension

PuckerMan is really not well liked by the rest of the forum

Keeping in the spirit of the point your were making with the whole box thing, the role of the 8.50 beer was represented by drinking box. Lol. Waiting for these complaints. Anyways for all those with the complaints after one game , I got three words for ya " Remember the Jack". Lol. I love the new place, and the unique personality it will develop as time goes by. Lol
Old 10-17-2014, 06:43 PM
4th Line

Around The Horn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
I'm gathering that you can't go outside to smoke during the intermission. I hope this in not true. If it is, it's ridiculous! I only smoke when I drink beer at the IceDogs games. This will hurt attendance and beer sales because I won't be buying any beer at the game if I can't go outside to smoke. Same people making this decision are the same type of people that don't like hitting or fighting in hockey.
You have gathered correct. All hockey games, concerts, and other events will be consistent with the no re-entry rule set forth by SMG and the Meridian Centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeskyDog87 View Post
I think the retractable sections need railing put down the steps because of the danger there for elderly people and just for people in general that have a hard time navigating without a railing. Thinking this is something that needs to be addressed sooner than later.
That definitely will be addressed, thank you.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:22 PM
2nd Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Music too loud,, NO WAY!!!!
Please don' t lower the volume, increase it if anything
And my major disappointment-- GOAL HORN ALMOST NON-EXISTING
I couldn't believe how soft it was

Other than that, it was a very enjoyable and beautiful rink
Old 10-17-2014, 07:24 PM
3rd Line

the octopus is a jewel in the roughthe octopus is a jewel in the roughthe octopus is a jewel in the rough

What's the rationale for the no re-entry policy?
Old 10-17-2014, 07:38 PM
4th Line

Around The Horn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
What's the rationale for the no re-entry policy?
Unfortunately, it is an SMG Entertainment policy. I was simply given the firm instruction to follow without explanation. I apologize that I can not be of more help.

Last edited by Around The Horn; 10-17-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Wrong word usage.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,141 Times in 634 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Glad that the music was ok for everyone else but for some reason it was blaring in my section.

I think it's great to see them asking for feedback and providing answers etc.

I think the no re entry issue is going to b a problem. I'm not a smoker and I can't stand it. The smoking area outside the Jack was disgusting to walk thru .

But geez can't they let smokers go outside to smoke? Will help cut down on concourse congestion too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2014, 11:32 PM
2nd Line

BoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other membersBoneHead is well liked by the other members

Well I guess if it was blaring in your section, it must have been blaring in mine too. I had a hard time teaching today due to no voice and it wasn't from cheering, it was from trying to talk to people during the intermission.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:38 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,768 Times in 1,352 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogDaze View Post
Ok none of my questions except prices was addressed. Is there any upcoming plans for the end of the arena with retractable seating... or is that it? Ticket booths? LED Power Ring, Advertising between lower bowl and upper bowl, any other plans for advertising throughout building? Announcing no re-entry during periods?
Don't take this the wrong way as it's not meant to be malicious in any way, but what the heck is so important about a power ring for advertising? I've not ever heard of a fan wanting MORE advertising. Myself, I'm happy to see less of it. I don't think it should have any place on the ice - I actually love seeing old 80's hockey games where there's none on the boards! I don't think not having an LED power ring is even an issue to anyone (else). ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
About the music being too loud... I didn't think it was loud enough at times. Just shows that there are differing opinions and for every person that sees it one way, there's someone that sees it another.
I found the audio levels quite acceptable. At the Jack I was right in front of the speakers and we were just BLASTED a lot of the time. I think the sound levels are just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Although the seats are quite comfortable and allow you more room that we had a the Jack, when you get adults in the seats the only thing you can put in the cup holders is your elbows.(front row only)
I think just due to where else you could physically put a cupholder, where they are now is the only place. If you can think of a better way to do it I think we have a great pair of reading eyes in this thread that can help get things done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
If it is the Meridian centre managers that made the decision not to allow re-entry, they should be told that they made a bad decision and change it. They are not the be all to end alls, they might make a bad decision, are they big enough to admit it. Again I am a non smoker. This is a bad decision and will hurt ticket sales in the future, can they afford for the few smokers to stay away.
Yes this is borderlining on gestapo type rules. Locking people in (or rather, OUT, if they leave). It's a public place which paying customers should have free entry and exit to the event that they have paid for. Just getting out for some fresh air is worth a lot sometimes.

The one complaint that I find showing up when I talk to people, is the change of atmosphere as to how everything is run. The Jack had many problems, but it was a fun and friendly atmosphere filled by fans and friends, made up by both fans and staff. The new way of things... it's just.. before it was like "the friendly arena" and now it's become "Arena Corporate". It's all strict rules and regulations that we have never had to endure before, and if it's like that just because it's like that everywhere else, then I don't think fans who aren't used to it are going to like the new way things are run one bit. They need to get the laid-back, friendly atmosphere back into the way things are done. This strict policy thing isn't going to fly with the fans here, and if it doesn't change, it will mean the difference between crowds of 3500-4000, to eventually 1500-2000. I don't want to become another Mississauga. I dont' mean any of this in a malicious way towards the staff who are in charge of things. I don't want it to become an "us" vs "them". At the Jack we were all in it together, and I don't get that vibe at ALL anymore
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post: