Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 807,923   Msgs Posted: 108,467   Thread Views: 15,489,111   Online Now: 42
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

When you are the organization that makes the change, then, somehow the change is reverted, and, your organization remains after the change, then, it can be observed that your organization was the party at fault.

Meaning, they screwed up and it was all their fault, they made a mistake.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2015, 06:43 AM

Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,024 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I am confused, it was SMG that responded to the no entry rule that it was an alcohol and gaming law, not the IceDogs.
It was the IceDogs that fought to change it based on the 7years in the Jack.
We all knew it was not an AGCO rule because many other facilities including OHL teams did not have that rule. You can't lie to an educated public - in this era laws and rules are published and accessible. The IceDogs and their owners want what's best for the business/fans. If you're waiting for a public apology from SMG better buy the devil some mittens first.

I am glad the IceDogs owners and management were able to prevail. I don't smoke but those that do shouldn't be punished arbitrarily.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2015, 09:48 AM
3rd Line

calm_down_please will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
While I applaud the move to allow re-entry. I have to wonder why they gave us a load of BS when they were telling us it was Ontario Law that re-entry was not allowed. They said the it was against the alcohol and gaming commission law and even went as far as putting it on the scoreboard, announcing it and quoting which law it was. All the while we all knew it was a load of BS as there are plenty of arenas in the league that allow re-entry, Did they think we didn't know these other arenas were also in Ontario?

Again, I applaud the move, but stop with the made up stuff. If you're having issues with the way SMG is running the arena tell us the truth. We are not idiots. We've been to other arenas throughout the OHL and know what can and can't be done "legally".
The BS came from SMG, in particular one staffer -- the GM -- who I'll bet ruined the MC entertainment experience for many fans. I'm sure he has learned a lesson from this as he likely thought those of us in St. Catharines are simple-minded small-town hicks, who would fall for any line offered. Not so the case! Personally I feel I am rather worldly; I have traveled outside St. Catharines several times and one time was even out of Ontario !!! :-)

Last edited by calm_down_please; 06-01-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:55 AM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
When you are the organization that makes the change, then, somehow the change is reverted, and, your organization remains after the change, then, it can be observed that your organization was the party at fault.

Meaning, they screwed up and it was all their fault, they made a mistake.
SMG screwed up ... no-one else.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:57 AM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I am confused, it was SMG that responded to the no entry rule that it was an alcohol and gaming law, not the IceDogs.
It was the IceDogs that fought to change it based on the 7years in the Jack.
You are correct; it was an SMG policy, not the city or the Ice Dogs.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:38 AM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to all

It was the Dogs that quoted the law and put it up on the scoreboard and announced it in the arena not SMG. I don't doubt for a second that it was SMG behind the BS but you can't say the Dogs didn't have a hand in it. SMG does not control the scoreboard nor do they control what comes out of the speakers on game day.

They should have just said "Arena management does not allow re-entry to the Meridian Centre" and leave it at that. Everyone knew all along it was SMG that had the policy. By quoting the BS alcohol and gaming commission law, it sounded like the Dogs were justifying the policy.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:48 AM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
It was the Dogs that quoted the law and put it up on the scoreboard and announced it in the arena not SMG. I don't doubt for a second that it was SMG behind the BS but you can't say the Dogs didn't have a hand in it. SMG does not control the scoreboard nor do they control what comes out of the speakers on game day.

They should have just said "Arena management does not allow re-entry to the Meridian Centre" and leave it at that. Everyone knew all along it was SMG that had the policy. By quoting the BS alcohol and gaming commission law, it sounded like the Dogs were justifying the policy.
Just to clarify, I have spoken to all the parties and know for a fact: The no re-entry policy is that of SMG... and yes they certainly can control the score board and PA system, they run the place.

Last edited by calm_down_please; 05-05-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

The Ice dogs were not the only team last season to have no re entry Windsor and Kingston has that rule also. But the rules has been overturn this season I hope fans do not abuse it .
Old 05-05-2015, 11:43 AM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
The Ice dogs were not the only team last season to have no re entry Windsor and Kingston has that rule also. But the rules has been overturn this season I hope fans do not abuse it .
Bet you can guess who runs the arena in Kingston.
The Following User Says Thank You to NachoLou For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

SMG in Kingston but I think it Golbal Spectrum in Windsor.