Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 800,639   Msgs Posted: 108,214   Thread Views: 15,303,373   Online Now: 78
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

The whole country club thing was grossly overexaggerated on this forum.

I respectfully disagree with you on the above statement as, in my humble opinion, the coach lost the room and the players played when they wanted to.
Just my two cents
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2017, 02:35 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
Auld, I agree 100% with what you say but I also strongly feel that scrappy or not, without Dhillon, this team still doesn't win more than 10 games.
Dhillon is a great goalie, and most OHL teams also have great goalies. Dhillon is rated 19th in this coming NHL draft - that's 19. That's pretty far down especially when you consider all the NHL drafted goalies in the OHL as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dhillon is great. But my point is the most teams have great goalies and if you don't, you need to acquire one or you're not winning many games.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 02-05-2017 at 02:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2017, 02:48 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
The whole country club thing was grossly overexaggerated on this forum.

I respectfully disagree with you on the above statement as, in my humble opinion, the coach lost the room and the players played when they wanted to.
Just my two cents
Well if the coach lost control and the team ended up being the second best team in the OHL (and one of the top teams in the CHL) then last year's team must have been one of the most skilled teams to ever play in the CHL since most times when a coach losses control, the team's season ends very early.

The team struggled during the regular season because the players were not strong mentally. Finally during the playoffs the players started to prepare better mentally for games. I don't think it had anything to do with the coach.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 02-05-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

I was a big Marty fan since his arrival in Niagara. But, I still believe to this day that he lost the room last season and as Ho-Sang put it in an interview during the playoffs, " If we are going to lose in the playoffs, it least we will have played the post season the right way."

I am still a Marty fan and it is my hope that he returns somewhere in the CHL so day soon.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I

Well if the coach lost control and the team ended up being the second best team in the OHL (and one of the top teams in the CHL) then last year's team must have been one of the most skilled teams to ever play in the CHL since most times when a coach losses control, the team's season ends very early.

The team struggled during the regular season because the players were not strong mentally. Finally during the playoffs the players started to prepare better mentally for games. I don't think it had anything to do with the coach.
Noone ever said last year's team wasn't skilled... we all say we prefer this team due to.the fact that they come.out every night and play unlike last year's team which if you go back thru the forum most people would ask "which team is coming out tonight" or " is it gonna be Jekyll or Hyde"... we don't see any of that this year and IMHO if Marty didn't lose the room last year he would probably still be coaching this team since he still had I believe 2 years left on his contract
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2017, 04:24 PM
1st Line

conchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other membersconchar is well liked by the other members

As a matter of interest, does anyone know what Marty is doing these days and where. I still think he was a pretty good coach and his record proved that. It would be a big loss if he did not return to the OHL in my opinion.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Clark and Burkes had mentioned that he was at the game.the other night and also mentioned that this season he is coaching his son's team
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Top Prospect

Marty is still being paid his owed salary on his contract.
I believe that this season is his last year on his contract though.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 1,995 Times in 830 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I

When the players lock the coach out of the dressing room to hold meetings without him.... He has lost the team.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,100 Times in 612 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
When the players lock the coach out of the dressing room to hold meetings without him.... He has lost the team.

Oh geez I didn't know that happened last year.

Perlini was interviewed in Arizona late last year earlier this year and some of his comments about the coaching last season were an eye opener as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk