Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 800,639   Msgs Posted: 108,214   Thread Views: 15,303,475   Online Now: 78
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Marty is still being paid his owed salary on his contract.
I believe that this season is his last year on his contract though.
I believe the last year is next year but I could be wrong
Old 02-06-2017, 08:06 AM
4th Line

Dawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura about

I agree with Auld Bone on both his latest comments...Dhillon has been terrific and stolen us a number games but we dont want to overwork the poor kid...I know he is a gamer and wants to play them all but 3 in 3 nights continually is a head scratchier...plus, we need to see what we have in Incz...Personally I would rather we scraped into the playoffs than miss and pick one spot better in the draft (just cant get my head around not cheering wildly for the boys and secretly hoping we lose!) ...I confess to no knowing too much about the potential draftees, but hope there will be a big skilled defense man available when we do pick as we traded (the admittedly under performing) Davis away and we will lose Mantha and Haydon....the one upside to the failed Haydon at forward debacle was that a lot of young kids got ice time on D. Right now...what we have is what we will have, like Auld Bone said, the previous draftees in other leagues didnt make the team this year, will they be that much better next year...we have to hope this season has been a big building block for our young D and that we can supplement them with a nice !st rounder...
Old 02-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely, Dawger! As far as 'rebuilding' years go, this is just about the best one could hope for. The team is young, improving, and the Dogs have a HUGE pile of picks in the upcoming draft If the Dogs miss the playoffs, that sets them up for a top 5, top 3 pick(?). If they scrape in, it's still a top 10 pick, and we get a playoff run
A real nice development year, with another good, high pick to throw into the system.
Onward and Upward!
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2017, 12:45 PM
1st Line

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Dhillon is a great goalie, and most OHL teams also have great goalies. Dhillon is rated 19th in this coming NHL draft - that's 19. That's pretty far down especially when you consider all the NHL drafted goalies in the OHL as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dhillon is great. But my point is the most teams have great goalies and if you don't, you need to acquire one or you're not winning many games.
On a better team, I think Dhillon goes a lot higher... Imagine him on a team that can put up 7-10 goals a night, and/or play tight D... Dhillon is a talent. But he's overshadowed by how young and inexperienced this team is.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
On a better team, I think Dhillon goes a lot higher... Imagine him on a team that can put up 7-10 goals a night, and/or play tight D... Dhillon is a talent. But he's overshadowed by how young and inexperienced this team is.
IMHO if he's on a better team or even if we are a better team with a better second option in net he's probably a backup at this point in the season even though he's looked really good this year he still gives up a questionable goal either every game or every other game but that's not focused on by almost everyone because A we are a rebuilding team and B he faces 40+ shots a game so that's probably going to happen
Old 02-06-2017, 02:37 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
When the players lock the coach out of the dressing room to hold meetings without him.... He has lost the team.
Teams hold closed door players only meetings all the time. Good captains call for players only meetings whenever the team plays poorly. The Winnipeg Jets just had a closed door players only meeting a few weeks ago. Not sure what that proves. It's also kinda difficult to lock the coaches out of the dressing room when the coaches have the keys to open the door. I think it's likely the players had a closed door meeting.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

The problem that this team had last season was a lot deeper that we think.

The players only meeting with the locked door really happened as I heard about this from a good source at that time.
Things were not good.
Fishfan did not have his information wrong and he is one of the most reliable members on this site.

It was not long after the playoffs were done that the Head Coach was dismissed.

I am not sure why we are still harping on this topic as it is in the past and , today, the future is looking pretty bright.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2017, 05:45 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

I'm not denying it happened. I'm just saying that team only meetings are common in sports and whether the door was locked or not is not really relevant since the coaching staff have the keys.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Why re visit the past it is done this team seems to get along just fine
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2017, 08:46 PM

Thanked 1,821 Times in 1,018 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I'm not denying it happened. I'm just saying that team only meetings are common in sports and whether the door was locked or not is not really relevant since the coaching staff have the keys.
When the kids were in charge of the hockey team and a coach had to defer, something was very wrong. That isn't the case this year, these boys play for their coach and he is very much in charge.