Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 798,554   Msgs Posted: 108,157   Thread Views: 15,264,711   Online Now: 65
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Well Joey Burke already said the first 3 picks are pretty much locks so they do need to accommodate them which probably means we have no open spots next year
Well then JB is the Owner & Creator of the Country Club.

Not much you can do about that now can we?

JB is green, change comes from the top down. Flip that JB
Old 04-13-2017, 08:45 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,097 Times in 610 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Will be very difficult for him to make the Dogs next season as an 18 year old rookie especially since they only lose one forward (Brack) and have two forward draft picks they need to accommodate.

More than one spot is open.

IMHO the fourth line is easily replaceable. They didn't show me anything this past season that they should be locks for next season.

They being Demin, Dame, Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 01:47 PM
3rd Line

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
I don't think some players from this years club should assume they are a lock for next year. They will be pushed (I hope) by the new crop.
You are right, the 4th line and call-ups are entirely open for replacement. I could even think of a couple on the 3rd line that shouldn't sell tickets to games after the trade deadline.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:57 PM
3rd Line

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Central Scoutings NA skater list: Maksimov-66, Philip-152, Castleman-164, Jones-170 and Machala-215.
No one else going to comment on the fact that first year Castleman, and injured first year didn't even play every game Philip, both ranked higher than Jones? Personally I think Philip and Castleman should have their ranks switched but Jones was the big shocker, did he fall from the mid ranking?
Old 04-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
You are right, the 4th line and call-ups are entirely open for replacement. I could even think of a couple on the 3rd line that shouldn't sell tickets to games after the trade deadline.
The entire third line with be back I would love to see everyone gone from the 4th line but I don't think it will happen
Old 04-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
No one else going to comment on the fact that first year Castleman, and injured first year didn't even play every game Philip, both ranked higher than Jones? Personally I think Philip and Castleman should have their ranks switched but Jones was the big shocker, did he fall from the mid ranking?
Unfortunately, I did not think that Jones would rank as high as he did.
Not dishing on Jones though and we shall see what comes up in June.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,204 Times in 548 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

On “Ice Dogs This Week”, Joey Burke made a point of stating and restating that – going forward - they are VERY confident in their ability to recruit players (including players with NCAA commitments). He eluded to the fact that the Niagara Ice Dog organization has become a desirable location for future hockey stars.

Ice Dogs fans are seeing and hearing that more and more now from the players they have drafted in the last few years. I would think that the Ice Dogs’ remarkable fan base has (and will) play a large part in their ability to attract top-end talent.

So, don’t be surprised if there are a lot of new faces (even some Americans) at camp this summer - pushing the returning players hard for a roster spot.

POTENTIAL ICE DOGS FORWARDS
1 Akil Thomas (00)
2 Phillip Tomasino (01)
3 Kiril Maksimov (99)
4 Matthew Philip (99)
5 Oliver Castleman (99)
6 Ben Jones (99)
7 Ondrej Machala (99)
8 Johnny Corneil (97)
9 Kyle Langdon (98)
Daniel Singer (99)
Ian Martin (01)
Joshua Dame (98)
Bradey Johnson (99)
Pavel Demin (99)
Ryan Smith (99)

Imagine if even one of these guys shows up to camp?
Joshua Norris (99)
Jack Randl (00)

Imagine if one of these guys turns out to be the real deal?
Joel Mazzilli (00)
Lucas Theriault (00)
Max Khull (99)
Old 04-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 1,992 Times in 829 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
On “Ice Dogs This Week”, Joey Burke made a point of stating and restating that – going forward - they are VERY confident in their ability to recruit players (including players with NCAA commitments). He eluded to the fact that the Niagara Ice Dog organization has become a desirable location for future hockey stars.

Ice Dogs fans are seeing and hearing that more and more now from the players they have drafted in the last few years. I would think that the Ice Dogs’ remarkable fan base has (and will) play a large part in their ability to attract top-end talent.

So, don’t be surprised if there are a lot of new faces (even some Americans) at camp this summer - pushing the returning players hard for a roster spot.

POTENTIAL ICE DOGS FORWARDS
1 Akil Thomas (00)
2 Phillip Tomasino (01)
3 Kiril Maksimov (99)
4 Matthew Philip (99)
5 Oliver Castleman (99)
6 Ben Jones (99)
7 Ondrej Machala (99)
8 Johnny Corneil (97)
9 Kyle Langdon (98)
Daniel Singer (99)
Ian Martin (01)
Joshua Dame (98)
Bradey Johnson (99)
Pavel Demin (99)
Ryan Smith (99)

Imagine if even one of these guys shows up to camp?
Joshua Norris (99)
Jack Randl (00)

Imagine if one of these guys turns out to be the real deal?
Joel Mazzilli (00)
Lucas Theriault (00)
Max Khull (99)
A high ranking member of an organization saying that their organization is a desirable location to play is not news. Show me one GM in the league thay wouldn't say the same thing about the organization that they are running. They are just words, nothing more. Talk is cheap, until they get one, just one of the kids that they've drafted that have NCAA commitments to report it's nothing more than words.

Having said that, I'm glad they take shots at some kids that they have to work to get to report. You can't forever continue to point at other teams and cry that they get kids to report without ever taking the chance and putting in the work yourself.

Hopefully, it will pay off big time. Until it does, as far as I'm concerned however, the talk falls on deaf ears. Show me, don't tell me.

Last edited by fishfan51; 04-14-2017 at 06:52 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2017, 07:20 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Show me, don't tell me.
THAT!! 👆👆👆

You're right...talk is cheap. But my fingers are 🤞he'll have some success.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:41 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,204 Times in 548 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Talk is cheap, until they get one, just one of the kids that they've drafted that have NCAA commitments to report it's nothing more than words.
Liam Ham
On April 12th, 2016 Liam Ham confirmed his NCAA commitment to Clarkson University
On June 15th, 2016 Liam Ham signed with Niagara Ice Dogs
“Liam had received several NCAA Division 1 offers and commitments, but has decided to join the Niagara IceDogs." Joey Burke

Every millionaire - every great hockey career - every hall of fame coach had to start at the number 1.

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-14-2017 at 07:52 PM.