Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,153    Downloads: 830,913   Msgs Posted: 111,239   Thread Views: 16,610,111   Online Now: 55
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 11:27 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

All the popcorn stayed the bag or bucket tonight
Old 03-30-2017, 11:29 PM

Thanked 2,070 Times in 1,153 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Bones is missing his left eye.... Retribution??
He actually had a black patch taped to the one eye, during the pre-game but it was gone afterwards. Must be an inside joke.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:17 AM
2nd Line

Red is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsThisWeek View Post
My opinion remains that someone who gets mad about some popcorn on their head has to lighten up. I honest to god believe that.
This from the man who got bent out of shape because the security guard challenged your early entry to the Meridian Centre
Old 03-31-2017, 12:20 AM
2nd Line

Red is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Anyone know where that Mutt and DJ usually sit at the MC? I want to test my theory.
Press box, apparently they have a local cable tv show.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:26 AM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Press box, apparently they have a local cable tv show.
They watch the game from the studio but, I believe that their show takes place at the studio in Niagara Falls.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 12:32 AM
2nd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
They watch the game from the studio but, I believe that their show takes place at the studio in Niagara Falls.
Oh wow so close, are tickets for the studio audience hard to come by?
Old 03-31-2017, 12:44 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsThisWeek View Post

3 - Lackadaisical - huh, thats weird. This board, just yesterday, was saying we would be the first ones with the information you wanted on Willy Lochead. This seems hypocritical, but everyone is entitled to their beliefs. If that is how you feel about it I cannot change your mind. We are happy with how we do our work and actually work pretty hard to provide to you the content that we do.

Enjoy the game Thursday night all.

Oh, and tune into the show at 9pm tonight
Ok, so did I cause a snowflake to melt a bit? That's cool beenz to me.

You are proud of your work. Ok. I believe you are. You guys have built yourselves a nice comfy little niche. You have reason to be proud. I believe you are happy with how you conduct yourselves, and I believe you work hard. What I don't believe it that you can't think of better questions to ask when you have access to the team management. And I know if you become adversarial, your access may well dry up.

But the problem as I see it, is that journalism is soft. You go for the easy, the cliche, the trite. There is rarely any TRUTH, INSIGHT, or DEPTH. I get it, this isn't a huge sports market, this isn't a huge news market. And I'm not just singling you guys out, the 610 guys are the same (or worse depending on whom you choose to ask), the Cogeco guys give a bit better insight but not much. I watch almost every OHL game, in every market I can get my hands on ( surprisingly a lot by the way, a determined effort can have great rewards ). I also follow as much AHL, ECHL and SPHL that I have time for. Because I AM Hardcore. I am interested in the sport of hockey, the development of players the numbers. OK, I'm a sports nerd, I can admit it. I have a passion for the sport.

The team coverage, and the team's communication to their fan base is lackadaisical at best.
If the big word confuses anyone (Matt, DJ, I'm sure it's a word you guys are familiar with, you're journalists after all) allow me to define it for you.

lack·a·dai·si·cal
ˌlakəˈdāzək(ə)l/
adjective
lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.
synonyms: lethargic, apathetic, listless, sluggish, spiritless, passionless;
ie. The IceDogs defense was lackadaisical in attempting to clear the puck, yet again hanging young Mr Dhillon out to dry.

Sorry if that offends, it isn't anything personal, it's just the opinion of one IceDogs fan. And a hardcore one at that. So what does it matter to you, who are well entrenched and comfortable in your position. And it's just, like, an opinion man. You guys have an opportunity to shape the way the community sees yourselves, and the team.

Incidentally, I agree with you, what Bones did was 100% 'giving the business' to a hostile fan. And I think the only 'apology' owed was maybe a replacement of the popcorn wasted. Other than that, if you choose to come in to a hostile arena as a proud supporter of the opposing team? You're fair game for our resident prankster of a PeskyDog.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:21 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochlover View Post
I was at an Islander/Rnanger game a few years ago when the Islanders mascot( dragon) thought it would be funny to pour something on a Ranger fan and his girlfriend!! Before we realized that this wasn't a prank, the Ranger fan pummeled the mascot so badly that he was taken out on a stretcher,head ripped right off and obviously in need of repairs. Maybe mascots should clap, take pictures with fans and cheer on their team!!
That's New York for you... Fun place, where they eat the beer and drink the glass...

Jeebus, was the fan roided out or something. Some people need to learn to chill out a bit, I find that kind of behaviour is a bit over the top aggressive. I didn't see 'The Popcorn Incident' but I've had popcorn sprinkled on my head by our former goofball of a mascot (the old Bones, not this new one) before and I turned out ok. I've even had a bucket of confetti thrown on me at an IHL game in Dayton when I was a kid... At no point did my mom, aunt, or anyone else feel that my child self was being disrespected, embarrassed or anything else... You know why? Because they all understood that it was all in good fun, and took it in the spirit it was intended. And because we don't believe in getting bent out of shape about what happens in a hockey rink. You're there to watch kids play a game.

Hey... This Bones takes away my clapper and plays it like spoons... Maybe I should complain... Get my attention... Or... Maybe I'll just act like a grown up and enjoy the show...
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 06:11 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Game Day Boys!!!!!

Gonna grab my cheap ass $10 PO T-Shirt, extra large bag of popcorn, be loud and proud and cheer like it's the last game of the season!

Go Dogs Go!!
It occurred to me that here in Niagara we spent more time talking about a bucket of popcorn than we did about the London Knights in the playoffs. Personally I think we got it just right
Old 04-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
It occurred to me that here in Niagara we spent more time talking about a bucket of popcorn than we did about the London Knights in the playoffs. Personally I think we got it just right
Last kick at the can, so, maybe now, we can put this tired baby to bed......
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread