Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,098    Downloads: 818,080   Msgs Posted: 109,623   Thread Views: 16,071,562   Online Now: 65
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:55 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
4th tilt for Haydon but he was instigated upon once so it only counts as three
I hope you are right but according to the box scores, Haydon was never instigated upon in any of his 3 fights. What fight do you believe he was instigated upon.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:00 PM
4th Line

TeachMeHowToDougie will become famous soon enoughTeachMeHowToDougie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I hope you are right but according to the box scores, Haydon was never instigated upon in any of his 3 fights. What fight do you believe he was instigated upon.
I believe he's talking about this 4th fight. Although Bastian didn't officially receive an instigator penalty for his cross check after the whistle... I do believe it will be viewed by the league as Haydon was instigated upon.

If I understand the rule correctly, an official instigator penalty does not need to be handed out.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:07 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
We lost to a better team but the guys tried their best. It was a great game to be a Niagara fan - we owned that building.
I agree. I think the dogs are giving their best effort. They are just getting beat by older, more experienced, better teams. As well, I think the long schedule is starting to wear on the players.

I remember Carter Verhaeghe saying in his first year, he always gave 100 percent in practice but ended up burning himself out by the end of the season. In his second year, he knew how to better pace himself. As well, I recall Jones saying in an interview that he was going to bed at 9pm each night when he first started playing with the IceDogs because he was so exhausted.

Most of our players are 16 or 17 year olds who attend high school and are rookies. They are not use to the demands of being an OHL player. That combined with attending high school everyday is pretty hard and wears you down.

Next season they will better pace themselves and most of them will be done highschool.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:12 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachMeHowToDougie View Post
I believe he's talking about this 4th fight. Although Bastian didn't officially receive an instigator penalty for his cross check after the whistle... I do believe it will be viewed by the league as Haydon was instigated upon.

If I understand the rule correctly, an official instigator penalty does not need to be handed out.
You're right in that an official instigator penalty does not need to be handed out. In one of Haydon's fights this year it says that his opponent was instigated upon eventhough Haydon did not get an instigator penalty.

However in yesterday's fight, Haydon received the instigator penalty so I don't think they can say he was instigated upon.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,009 Times in 836 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Bell said it on the radio. I have no idea which one he was referring to.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a bus-load of fans to outnumber Missy's. You could take a Civic. Maybe a tandem bike..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2017, 10:26 AM
2nd Line

Red is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to behold

Mississauga's average attendance this year was 2720 which is 18th in the league, pathetic considering they won their Division. They were only higher than Peterborough 2666 and North Bay 2601. Niagara finished 5th with team that finished 16th in the standings and had an average of 4804.

Wouldn't surprise me if one of those teams folded.