Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 808,430   Msgs Posted: 108,482   Thread Views: 15,515,671   Online Now: 35
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:33 AM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has much to be proud ofAircanuck has much to be proud ofAircanuck has much to be proud ofAircanuck has much to be proud ofAircanuck has much to be proud ofAircanuck has much to be proud ofAircanuck has much to be proud ofAircanuck has much to be proud ofAircanuck has much to be proud of

I'm not going in with expectations, the great victory here is not only how far we've come with such a young team, but now, this young team gets a taste of playoff hockey. What a huge bonus experience for this group, it will only make them stronger. Rest assured, if and when, we take our lumps in the first round, it will only make us better equipped to handle the next season with greater confidence.

This cannot end poorly, no matter what the outcome.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 10:46 AM
3rd Line

Resonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the rough

Peterborough fairly quick and painless and I hope I'm wrong. So unless Dhillion pulls a Carey Price it's ...

Petes in 5
Old 03-20-2017, 11:23 AM
3rd Line

Newdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
The Petes did not finish first for no reason and the young Ice Dogs look like they have finally run out of steam, so although they will pick up great experience from the play-off games, I cannot see us winning any of the games. I hope I am wrong and I will be cheering as hard as I can for the Dogs but I think we can all look back on an exciting season and look forward to even better things for next year.
I am not so sure that the Dogs have run out of steam? If you look at their last 8 games they beat Erie (9-7); Hamilton (3-2 in SO) and North Bay (7-1).

They lost badly only to Erie (10-1).

Other lost games:
Owen Sound loss 6-4 - but this team could easily win the OHL championship and we were in the game all night.
Missy loss at home 4-1 - but they are certainly a better team than us and their goalie was red-hot and we outshot them.
Sudbury loss at home 4-3 - should have at least tied that game but without Mantha and playing a new PP with Somerville that need some work
Missy loss away 6-1 - the boys looked tired and were simply outmuscled and beaten by a better team.

I am not so sure that Petes will walk all over us. Our boys have surprised us many times this year. For heavens sake they have 13 rookies on the team and Jones and Davis were little better than rookies when you look at the ice-time they got last year.

I am honestly shocked they made play-offs and I don't see a team that is running out of steam - I see a team that missed its Captain and PP jockey on Saturday and Sunday and a team that will not quit. Not sure how many games they lost by a single goal all year (over 20 for sure) and regardless of what happens I think they should be proud of what they have done this year.

If we can beef up our size for next year (particularly on defence) we could be looking at one of the best Dogs teams in 2 years time. So much promise up-front.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:26 AM
3rd Line

Newdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
I'm not going in with expectations, the great victory here is not only how far we've come with such a young team, but now, this young team gets a taste of playoff hockey. What a huge bonus experience for this group, it will only make them stronger. Rest assured, if and when, we take our lumps in the first round, it will only make us better equipped to handle the next season with greater confidence.

This cannot end poorly, no matter what the outcome.
Totally agree. For such a young, inexperienced team I am amazed how well they have done. I think the coaches have given them so much confidence it is a joy (on most nights) to watch. The pickups of Brack and Maksimov were inspirational and things are looking good moving forward. Much of the stuff we criticise is due to inexperience and not lack of desire. Even when 10-1 down against Erie and 6-1 down yesterday we still had guys skating their butts off. Any play-off games will be great experience for the boys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Mantha back and I heard Locheed back one and three against the Petes in the regular season all close games I think it will go six or seven the Petes will prob win but I would not be surprise to see an upset.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,253 Times in 571 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

A Look Ahead - Peterborough Petes
By Matt Young March 19, 2017

https://www.icedogsthisweek.com/sing...rborough-Petes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 05:05 PM

Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,025 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
A Look Ahead - Peterborough Petes
By Matt Young March 19, 2017
I knew our penalty kill was bad but didn't know it got so awful we were ranked 22nd (in a 20 team OHL). Who are the other two teams and why have we never played them!?

Last edited by NiceDawg; 03-21-2017 at 05:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2017, 12:08 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,253 Times in 571 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

IceDogs preparing to renew rivalry with Peterborough in first round of the playoffs
By Bernd Franke, Postmedia Network

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...f-the-playoffs

Once a team with 14 rookies defied pre-season predictions by clinching a playoff berth in a rebuilding year, Dave Bell immediately set his sights on Thursday night’s Game 1 of the quarter-finals against the Peterborough Petes.
“I could care less what happened last week, it’s old news,” he said before taking the ice for a team practice Tuesday morning.

“It’s the playoffs, they’re awesome, I love the playoffs,” he said. “It’s a new season, a new experience for the guys.” At the outset of the season, the team’s playoff hopes appeared dim. After losing the nucleus of a team that won the Eastern Conference championship last season, some pundits predicted the IceDogs would be lucky to win 10 wins in the first year of a rebuilding phase.

Ryan Mantha will be back in the lineup after sitting out the final two games of the regular season serving a suspension for fighting. The status of players recovering from injuries remains uncertain. “Everybody is still day-to-day,” Bell said. “We probably won’t know until game time who’s in and who’s out.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2017, 09:06 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know for sure who if any of the injured players will be back. I know that Mantha has served his suspension but what about Haydon...did he get suspended and if so for how long. The games against Peterborough will be tough but will give the young Ice Dog players some much needed play-off experience for next year.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:10 AM
3rd Line

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

Lochead should be back haven't heard a thing about Ham.