Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,097    Downloads: 818,016   Msgs Posted: 109,617   Thread Views: 16,065,259   Online Now: 55
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:01 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Best Owners in the O?

Made the bus trip to Missy today. Although the outcome was not what I hoped for, I was very impressed with Bill Burke. As we were waiting to leave for the game Mr Burke stopped by to greet us and came on the bus to chat. This got me thinking, of how lucky we are to have the owners we have. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but how many other owners in this league actually rub elbows with the fans like the Burke's do? They are so down to earth, and are very much fans like we are. I guess this is why I keep renewing my season tickets every year, the sense of community , pride and comradeship between the fans, staff and ownership of the Icedogs is second to none anywhere else in the league. What a great Organization. THANK YOU VERY MUCH Mr. And Mrs Burke, you have provided me and my family many great memories the past 10 yrs, looking forward to many many more. Go Dogs Go.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:31 PM

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,079 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

The personal touches are evident both with the players and the fans. They care about the team and the community. Alumni continually remark how the organization treated them as family and you can see that at every event. Even honouring visiting players (Sudbury's graduating OAs as the most recent example) - that was classy, and you see that sort of dignified approach resonate through the team. Congratulations to Denise and Bill Burke on a successful season, 10 great years, and a very promising future!
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2017, 09:47 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,009 Times in 836 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

There isn't another owner(s) in the league that would pay for the fans transportation to an away game. Kudos to them!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2017, 10:23 PM
2nd Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Made the bus trip to Missy today. Although the outcome was not what I hoped for, I was very impressed with Bill Burke. As we were waiting to leave for the game Mr Burke stopped by to greet us and came on the bus to chat. This got me thinking, of how lucky we are to have the owners we have. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but how many other owners in this league actually rub elbows with the fans like the Burke's do? They are so down to earth, and are very much fans like we are. I guess this is why I keep renewing my season tickets every year, the sense of community , pride and comradeship between the fans, staff and ownership of the Icedogs is second to none anywhere else in the league. What a great Organization. THANK YOU VERY MUCH Mr. And Mrs Burke, you have provided me and my family many great memories the past 10 yrs, looking forward to many many more. Go Dogs Go.
100%
I couldn't have said it any better!!
Thank you Bill and Denise Burke!!!!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:36 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,768 Times in 1,352 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

I would go so far to say, if we had had any other owners, this team wouldn't have made it out of the Jack and we would not have pushed with such an emotion for a new arena. Without them, this team would have been gone years ago.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 07:48 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,139 Times in 632 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
I would go so far to say, if we had had any other owners, this team wouldn't have made it out of the Jack and we would not have pushed with such an emotion for a new arena. Without them, this team would have been gone years ago.

I'll
Go one step further.

I don't think another set of owners would have even moved a franchise to the Jack.

I'm glad that the Burke's are finally reaping the financial rewards for all of their hard work they put in.

They are truly shrewd business people .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 10:51 AM
3rd Line

Resonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the rough

Burke is hands down the league's best owner and also the nicest. And so are the Dogs staff too!!

The old Barrie owner (Massy) used to be pretty good I hear.

I also know one OHL owner that is a real a******! Situated about 5 hours east of here!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:07 AM
3rd Line

Newdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
The personal touches are evident both with the players and the fans. They care about the team and the community. Alumni continually remark how the organization treated them as family and you can see that at every event. Even honouring visiting players (Sudbury's graduating OAs as the most recent example) - that was classy, and you see that sort of dignified approach resonate through the team. Congratulations to Denise and Bill Burke on a successful season, 10 great years, and a very promising future!
Honoring Sudbury graduating players was SUPER classy - and noticeable that Missy did not mention ours on Sunday!
The Following User Says Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 11:19 AM
1st Line

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, the IceDogs organization is total class from top to bottom. The fans aren't so bad either.

Last edited by Chipperdog; 03-20-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I agree the best owners in the league