Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 808,430   Msgs Posted: 108,482   Thread Views: 15,515,694   Online Now: 34
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsThisWeek View Post

4 - Everything I said there, and tweeted about I stand by 100%. As a person, I have opinions. My opinion remains that someone who gets mad about some popcorn on their head has to lighten up. I honest to god believe that. I will not apologize for an opinion you do not agree with.....
Hrm, let me get this straight, just so I have the green light. So, either myself, or, anyone on this message board has the full right to dump an entire bag of popcorn over you head at anytime, and I mean, anytime and, while we are dumping it we can even say "lighten up" to you?

That's pretty cool!

So, open invite then everyone. You life has just changed so, lighten up buddy. Stand by that Mr.

Sp
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So many things to say here.....but I will try to keep it short.

4 - Everything I said there, and tweeted about I stand by 100%. As a person, I have opinions. My opinion remains that someone who gets mad about some popcorn on their head has to lighten up. I honest to god believe that. I will not apologize for an opinion you do not agree with.....

Oh, and tune into the show at 9pm tonight
Wow! I was hoping that I was misunderstanding your tweets and you weren't that arrogant but after reading your post I see there is no misunderstanding. How can you be so insensitive? So many people have said they would be upset if it happened to them but you think it's okay because you think it's funny?

I visit your website regularly and watch your show but I'm done with that. I will never watch your show again or visit your website. Honestly I am so sad to see your true colours.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 03-29-2017 at 08:29 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 09:45 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

"This board, just yesterday, was saying we would be the first ones with the information you wanted on Willy Lochead."

I believe that it was I who made that statement on this site.
Your sports related news and update on the Ice Dogs is always very much appreciated when you report them.

I would humbly suggest that any personal comments on stuff like popcorn on someone's head etc.; You should use a personal account rather than commenting from your professional account on twitter.

I am done with this topic as this is an outside issue and really has nothing to do with our beloved Ice Dogs.
PS: I too, am done with the website and show as well.
Sorry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 09:47 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,103 Times in 615 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Actually whenever I have the popcorn at the MC it is loaded with salt and there is powdered butter on it, which is not really all that tasty.

For a while I was loving the popcorn ... maybe year one at the MCU. Actually really LOVED IT AT THE jack where u could get it fresh right from the pooper cuz it wasn't pre popped and pre bagged hrs before the game .

Then I was really finding it salty. So I stopped eating it.

Couldn't resist the smell about a couple weeks ago so I bought a bag and it wasn't too salty ... very delicious ...

But not enough butter flavour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 09:53 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,103 Times in 615 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

1 - We are not affiliated with the IceDogs. We cover the IceDogs. We are affiliated with Niagara This Week (the newspaper) and CogecoTV (the television station) and IceDogsthisweek.ca (our own privately run website). We are very happy with all of these organizations and they are very happy with us.

2 - Maybe I am arrogant (its DJ writing). We have met many of you at the bars before or after games as we grab some wings. Strohs, I know 100% I have met you and we had a great chat. We welcome any and all fans to come and chat with us. We are pretty nice guys actually and would love to talk IceDogs with you. I guarantee you if you came and met us you would think much differently about us.

3 - Lackadaisical - huh, thats weird. This board, just yesterday, was saying we would be the first ones with the information you wanted on Willy Lochead. This seems hypocritical, but everyone is entitled to their beliefs. If that is how you feel about it I cannot change your mind. We are happy with how we do our work and actually work pretty hard to provide to you the content that we do.

5 - Thanks for those of you that follow us. We will continue to cover the IceDogs as long as we can and appreciate your followership.

Enjoy the game Thursday night all.

Oh, and tune into the show at 9pm tonight

Yup maybe next time I see you at Gord's Place munching on wings again I'll stop and say hi....think I need to put the brakes on the Gord's place visits! Too numerous and its affecting the number I see on the scale!

Still think it wasn't right what Bones did ... and ya you seemed pretty reasonable and sensible when we chatted I think a lot of time gets lost in tweets and forum posts (esp tweets) that the tone of which can easily be misconstrued.

Oh well onto tomorrow.

Have to say I'm impressed with the young pups at least they weren't embarrassed like Kitchener at home or Satnia on the road were tonight ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 09:59 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

Actually, I am especially fond of the MC popcorn as well.

I have been known to sneak around until after the 3 Stars selection, then, in quite the sneaky fashion albeit, instead of walking up my stairs, I walk against the grain, seeking covered leftover close to full unattended bags of the goodness.

Then, when no one is looking, I snatch that bag of salty popcorn and take it in my arms for safety. Then, I eat it. Yummy.

Bad Doggie Bones, too good to waste that MC popcorn.

I am an embarrassment to my family.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:28 PM
3rd Line

Resonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the rough

This is a touchy subject. IF someone goes into another team's barn and starts acting like an ******* then he or she is probably going to get more than a popcorn bucket over the head. Who knows what this lady was doing? Most likely she probably wasn't causing a disturbance. Bones may have been playful trolling her and perhaps the lady made a nasty comment back? Still no reason to have popcorn poured on her so I kind of don't blame her for being pissed. But really take it for what it is. Popcorn. It wasn't like it was beer or soda? Honestly this pales in comparison to the **** I've seen or heard about in other leagues (full out brawls in the stands, fights outside the arena after the game etc...). man peewee hockey is not what it used to be
The Following User Says Thank You to Resonator For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:04 PM
1st Line

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I am breaking my self imposed suspension to discus this issue and the new Bones...Thats my rant, now back to my suspension.
What did you do that you gave yourself a suspension? You have been gone for a long time must have been a beauty
Old 03-29-2017, 11:07 PM
2nd Line

Thanked 1,070 Times in 400 Posts
LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!

First, I will say that I am willing to cut Bones some slack. I would imagine it's a hard job trying to keep the fans entertained. He definitely should not have done what he did but let's remember that he is new to the job and everyone makes mistakes when they start a new job. I am sure the IceDogs will apologize to this fan and Bones will learn from it.

I watched tonight's IceDogs This Week show to see if DJ would apologize for his tweets. Unfortunately, he didn't and said he could not understand why people are getting upset as people were laughing and having a good time.

This lady did not want popcorn dumped on her, was likely embarrassed and could not eat the popcorn that she bought. It's really pretty simple to see why this was not fun for her and why people would sympathize with her.

In addition, I am not sure why DJ even felt the need to comment on Twitter. The fan was upset and did not enjoy herself. Is there really any need for DJ to post those tweets and upset her even more? It really comes across as being mean spirited.

It's too bad because I enjoy watching their show and think they were doing a good job promoting the IceDogs. Unfortunately, today they lost another viewer as I too will no longer watch their show or read the articles on their website.

Last edited by LocalSportsReport; 03-29-2017 at 11:39 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LocalSportsReport For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 11:17 PM
1st Line

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
"1 - We are not affiliated with the IceDogs. We cover the IceDogs."

Then maybe step up and ask some tough questions every now and again?

"2 - Maybe I am arrogant (its DJ writing). "

No need to put that one to a poll. Especially when you spend the rest of the paragraph saying what a great guy you are.

"3 - Lackadaisical - huh, thats weird. "

Ya big words are weird to me too. See point 1 above.

"4 - Everything I said there, and tweeted about I stand by 100%."
That's a shame, not surprising though (see point 2 above). Flinging a few kernels in someone's direction might have been "fun" dumping a whole bucket on a woman is never ok.

"5 - Thanks for those of you that follow us."

Not sure you helped that cause.
Closed Thread