Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,153    Downloads: 830,913   Msgs Posted: 111,239   Thread Views: 16,610,032   Online Now: 54
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:23 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I see Machla back next season but not Demin I think this team will fourth or fifth in the east next season. I wonder if we go for another back up goal tender to replace or challenge Ince

Last edited by three dog night; 03-31-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:27 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

I was glad to see Aaron Haydon finish his career here on a high note....with the hit of the year and the punch of the year. Loved the way he pumped up the crowd on the way to the sin bin. Another great Icedog moment in history. Than you Aaron, good luck in your future.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 01:53 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I see Machla back next season but not Demin I think this team will fourth or fifth in the east next season. I wonder if we go for another back up goal tender to replace or challenge Ince
I think you can't NOT bring in another backup to challenge Incze. He needs to earn his spot back, this season he was not prepared in the games Coach Bell deigned to give him, and I'm sorry but as a backup. You have to be ready. No one trains to be a backup, you can't practice to be a backup. So I have some sympathy for Incze. And for Dhillon who during last night's game looked tired, and not sharp.

Which calls back to my point earlier in the year, that Dhillon had too large a workload all season. Maybe the players weren't the only ones to learn some lessons this season.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:01 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I think you can't NOT bring in another backup to challenge Incze. He needs to earn his spot back, this season he was not prepared in the games Coach Bell deigned to give him, and I'm sorry but as a backup. You have to be ready. No one trains to be a backup, you can't practice to be a backup. So I have some sympathy for Incze. And for Dhillon who during last night's game looked tired, and not sharp.

Which calls back to my point earlier in the year, that Dhillon had too large a workload all season. Maybe the players weren't the only ones to learn some lessons this season.
I agree with you that in my opinion, the organisation's wish to make the playoffs and gain valuable experience for the young team, they may have worn down Dhillon and his play showed during this round. He looked a little bit slower than earlier. He might have even had an injury that no one knows about..

As for the future goaltending situation, they still have Borgeil on their list. He had a pretty good camp last fall before they sent him back to Michigan

Also, as part of the Paquette trade, we acquire MacDonald (goaltender) who for one reason or another apparently just committed to Niagara University. Just on the other side of the ditch.

Is this a co-incidence? Or is it just me being me. LOL
Old 03-31-2017, 07:57 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,189 Times in 658 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
The first rounder takes Bracks spot in the lineup and they need to fix the fourth line D and goaltending if they want to be successful

IMHO the whole fourth line of Demin Johnson and Dame could all be gone next year ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2017, 12:05 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,519 Times in 707 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

St. Catharines Standard

The underdogs did not leave the ice unappreciated, nor unheralded and definitely not unloved. Saluting tremendous community support throughout a rebuilding year that included 12 sellouts at Meridian Centre, Niagara fans’ best friend raised their sticks as they received a standing ovation for overachieving and making the playoffs with as many as 14 rookies in the lineup on some nights.

On Thursday the IceDogs again fell short on the scoreboard though not in the eyes of their head coach, Dave Bell. “That group in there, I’m really, really proud of,” he said. “All you ask as a coach, is you listen, you work as hard as you possibly can, you be a good teammate and a good person in the community.”

“That group in an awesome group for that, and I’m proud of them as a team, as individuals and for what did in the community, we had more community appearances than ever.” Bell said he felt “privileged” having such a team in his first season as IceDogs head coach.

Pride, care and “being a good teammate” all contributed to the IceDogs finishing the season with 23 victories, defying pundits, many of whom predicted the team would be lucky to win 10 games.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 12:38 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
IMHO the whole fourth line of Demin Johnson and Dame could all be gone next year ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree and wouldn't mind them all being gone
Old 04-01-2017, 07:50 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I agree and wouldn't mind them all being gone
I have to disagree and feel that Brady Johnson has some potential and we will see a huge improvement from him next year. I do not think that Demin made enough of an impact for him to retain his import status and I would rather try again and see if we can get someone with more skill and a bit more potential. Dame tried hard and put in the effort but he is small and has marginal skills so I am sure we could use his spot for someone else next season. They are all good kids but hard decisions have to be made.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 07:59 AM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

We should not forget that at some point next season, the staff will bring in 2 new over-agers as they are needed to continue helping the younger players develop. A perfect example of this would be Brack, He became a valuable piece to the puzzle.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:47 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other members

my mistake.

Last edited by Dogs Enthusiast 104; 04-01-2017 at 02:34 PM.