Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,393    Downloads: 1,094,685   Msgs Posted: 119,971   Thread Views: 20,576,797   Online Now: 59
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:33 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I'm not a big fan of picking one team or bust but if my kid was a sure fire OHLer there's teams in this league I wouldn't want him on. There's no way I'd advise him to sign with Sudbury if he was slated to go first overall that's for sure. These kids have skills that are marketable and I'm sorry but I can't fault them for not wanting to go certain places.
And there’s you have it folks.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,051 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
And there’s you have it folks.
…a young man with integrity, character and a great future in the OHL.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 05:34 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,051 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Great news for those who are OHL fans!

Quinton Byfield putting his trust in a struggling franchise, just like Connor McDavid did in 2012 (Erie 10-52-3-3). McDavid developed into the best player in the game!
Old 04-06-2018, 09:14 PM

Thanked 2,697 Times in 1,478 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Great news for those who are OHL fans!

Quinton Byfield putting his trust in a struggling franchise, just like Connor McDavid did in 2012 (Erie 10-52-3-3). McDavid developed into the best player in the game!
Does this mean London has to cancel their signing party?
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 09:19 PM

Thanked 2,697 Times in 1,478 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
There's no way I'd advise him to sign with Sudbury if he was slated to go first overall that's for sure.
Looks like Mr. Byfield disagrees with you. Tell me though, if your son's options were to play in the OHL with the team he wanted or find another league, what would you do?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,994 Times in 1,378 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Looks like Mr. Byfield disagrees with you. Tell me though, if your son's options were to play in the OHL with the team he wanted or find another league, what would you do?
It would be his decision but ideally I wouldn't want him anywhere where the travel was too heavy(for safety reasons and school reasons). Somewhere that had a University close by would be nice.

The US route is a very good one as well. These kids need to look out for their best interests first and foremost.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 09:49 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
It would be his decision but ideally I wouldn't want him anywhere where the travel was too heavy(for safety reasons and school reasons). Somewhere that had a University close by would be nice.

The US route is a very good one as well. These kids need to look out for their best interests first and foremost.
Sounds like your kid is not all that good at hockey if his schooling is your top concern. Not every kid is academic and the OHL is a great league.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Team Captain

hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Good on Byfield for going there. I wouldn't if I were him. Sudbury's been a **** show for years.

All teams aren't created equal. Read Mrs Taylor's letter written for Oregon’s senate committee hearing to debate on whether the Portland Winterhawks WHL team should be exempt from paying players minimum wage(I'm not for minimum wage in junior hockey). Some research needs to be done. You don't just sign because a team drafts you IMO.

https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status/968577942346452993

Last edited by hockey123; 04-06-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Sounds like your kid is not all that good at hockey if his schooling is your top concern. Not every kid is academic and the OHL is a great league.
Sounds like you're not very good at school.

We just watched a kid that the Dogs drafted 6th overall that had NHL size when he arrived on the scene graduate the league as a depth player who was barely worth an overage spot. It's great if you make it but 90% of the kids in this league won't be NHL regulars regardless of how good they think they are at 15 or 16 years old. School needs to be a priority.

I'm not against the OHL and would be more than happy to have my kid play for any teams in it. That said if he was an elite player with options there would be certain teams I wouldn't advise reporting to.

Last edited by hockey123; 04-06-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:30 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

It says a tremendous amount about Quentin Byfield’s character that he’s willing to play where he’s drafted. It’s about frickin’ time! What Byfield has done is finally set the Sudbury franchise on the road to respectability. Does it make the Wolves contenders? No. But it does give Sudbury a starting point. It gives them SOMETHING. And if Quentin Byfield can develop into a star, in Sudbury: no trade requests, someone who can actually raise Sudbury’s profile, the Wolves will become the reason you go to Sudbury, rather than Sudbury being the reason you stay away from the Wolves.