Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,117,165   Msgs Posted: 120,077   Thread Views: 20,620,166   Online Now: 85
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,055 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
If Dhillon is back then looks like we need 1 D and 3 Fs that are quality?

In regards to the defense, I would not be surprised to see the Ice Dogs start the season with these 8.

Willy Lochead
Liam Ham
Elijah Roberts
Drew Hunter
Justin McPherson
Billy Constantinou
Mason Howard
Lleyton Moore

Then wait until the January trade deadline to assess their individual progress and development - before making the necessary trade to bolster the defense.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post

In regards to the defense, I would not be surprised to see the Ice Dogs start the season with these 8.

Willy Lochead
Liam Ham
Elijah Roberts
Drew Hunter
Justin McPherson
Billy Constantinou
Mason Howard
Lleyton Moore

Then wait until the January trade deadline to assess their individual progress and development - before making the necessary trade to bolster the defense.
I don’t know about Howard just because I think they use 1 of the two import picks on a D
Old 04-21-2018, 03:21 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stephen Dhillon (98)
• LEAGUE: 52GP 3.34 0.899
• PLAYOFFS: 10GP 2.80 0.924

Colton Incze (99)
• LEAGUE: 22GP 2.84 0.913
Been thinking about this situation lately.

I remember we were all down on Colton at the beginning of the season when he got blown out in a couple of games. But that did not last long and he kinda became a fan favourite.

I do believe that Incze is good enough to be a starter on some other teams.

Do we keep both of them for the whole season?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post

I remember we were all down on Colton at the beginning of the season when he got blown out in a couple of games. But that did not last long and he kinda became a fan favourite.

If the plan is to contend I’d keep both unless you can use one to somehow get someone who’s better than both (unlikely) he had a good year considering how it started and how last season was for him my concerns are still the same and will continue to be the same but if he plays like he did this season I’d say the #1 job is up for grabs
Old 04-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post

I think half a season for sure - and then make that decision at the trade deadline as to what is best for the team in 2019. Both those goalies represent an asset that could return the Ice Dogs a player capable of helping them in another position. On the flipside, having two #1 goalies is a luxury not many team have - and could be a real advantage to the Ice Dogs in the 2nd half of a championship season.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 05:12 PM
Big League

Coach Billy Burke on “Ice Dogs this Week” with Matt and DJ.

Biggest needs for next year:

1.“Find players to replace the scoring (and position / LH shot) lost from Miletic and Corneil on the top two lines.”

2. “Every player needs to take another step and come back next year and be better - in order to have realistic championship dreams”

Players to look for next year:

Phil Tomasino is going to take a really big step next year. He is an elite players – and at times he was not put in the best situation last year but he is going to put the work in this summer and get every opportunity to be a primetime player – and have a huge year.”

• In order to have a competitive team year after year…“When it is close between two players you want to give the benefit to the younger guy.
“When Ian Martin played he created chances. He has an elite shot that (not next year) could score 40 goals with improvements to his skating. Martin needs to get a little quicker so he can beat defenseman to those open areas – and he could really fill the net."
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 06:10 PM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the Burkes and are scouts are closely scouting the ongoing playoff games this year because some of these high end players might be available for the Icedigs next year.
I dont want another Stephen Harper who was way too slow and cost us a bundle!!
We need another Sam Miletic type.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:21 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I hope the Burkes and are scouts are closely scouting the ongoing playoff games this year because some of these high end players might be available for the Icedigs next year.
I dont want another Stephen Harper who was way too slow and cost us a bundle!!
We need another Sam Miletic type.
Well, if they are, they're getting a first hand look at Brandon Saigeon, who is having a tremendous series against Kingston (and he's a LH shot too!)
Old 04-22-2018, 05:08 AM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Interesting post on HF Boards from London about them getting guys who were going to NCAA - unless drafted by London:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/thread...91083/page-311

Actual article here:
http://lfpress.com/sports/hockey/jun...-new-prospects

Until the rules are changed and kids have to declare where they will play (NCAA or be eligible for OHL and turn up where drafted) then London will continue to rule as far as getting these top US kids.

Last edited by Newdawgsfan; 04-22-2018 at 05:10 AM. Reason: added link to actual article
Old 04-22-2018, 02:14 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

Niagara has always been able to get top American's (Hayden, Seibenaler, Dhillon ) to name a few. Thought Mr MacLeod was going to get Norris but you can't win them all. It requires huge investment in scouting to get these players and everything points to the fact that Niagara is doing that with a dedicated Michigan scout