Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,089   Msgs Posted: 122,170   Thread Views: 21,769,685   Online Now: 105
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:08 PM

Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,563 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Well this puts an interesting stamp on things.
It's a blip on the radar... I doubt the circumstance was unknown to the Otters nor did it slow down the trade.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2018, 05:30 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

icedogs and otters discussed the matter before agreeing to the trade
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2018, 06:44 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

What I like is that the Dogs acquired a 3rd Rd NHL pick & top 6 forward without giving up any high draft picks or young players and didn't use up a ''OA'' spot either
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thunder Hawk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,554 Times in 857 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
What I like is that the Dogs acquired a 3rd Rd NHL pick & top 6 forward without giving up any high draft picks or young players and didn't use up a ''OA'' spot either

Excellent points...

And they get a conditional pick also, guessing that is if Singer returns for an OA year.

This was a game changing player (top three forward) acquired for a good but not spectacular soft undersized (top nine) forward.

I remember watching Lodnia dominate against the Dogs a few times in the past few years.

Thrilled with this acquisition .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,554 Times in 857 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Let’s all hope Danial Singer does not develop into the player many of us here thought he was becoming.

That’s not to say Ivan Lodnia is not a good player, but let’s hope the Dogs don’t regret this trade. Danial Singer seemed to have good skating skill, but his offensive talent just had not caught up to him yet. I’ll have to look up what year Lodnia is in. If Lodnia is 19 or 20, this one might come back to bite the Dogs...

I really could care less if Singer returns for an OA year.

Everyone knows that this is the year to go big or go home .... all the cards have to be on the table this year ... can’t go half in like we did last year.

(Just fearing that London will also be very good this year .... )

I doubt Lodnia returns for an OA year unless he has a truly disappointing year here ... which would not be good news for Dogs fans ...

Old 08-08-2018, 08:31 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to all

Yeah Lodnia, Jones and Maxsimov are good bets to go to the AHL next year. Dhillon will be gone too. Time to go for it this year.

I hope the team can land a stud Dman and another high end forward. Go Big!!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:52 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Excellent points...

And they get a conditional pick also, guessing that is if Singer returns for an OA year.

This was a game changing player (top three forward) acquired for a good but not spectacular soft undersized (top nine) forward.

I remember watching Lodnia dominate against the Dogs a few times in the past few years.

They gave up a conditional 5th round pick, did not acquire one.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2018, 10:25 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,487 Times in 915 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

That 5th conditional pick would move up the ladder to a 2nd if Lodnia were to return for his over-age year.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
I hope the team can land a stud Dman and another high end forward. Go Big!!
Exactly.

Now is the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 12:32 AM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Excellent points...

While I agree that Lodnia will help the IceDogs this year, I think many of you are underestimating the loss of Singer. He had the fourth most goals on the team last year and doubled his goal output from his rookie season. I am sure the IceDogs would have loved to send picks to Erie instead of Singer, but Brown wanted a sniper in return for Lodnia. Also I think Brown thought that Singer still has not reached his potential and will likely return for an OA season.

You have to remember that while Lodnia makes us better, losing Singer made us worse. The net result is that we did improve, but not as much as some of you think.