Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,472   Msgs Posted: 130,471   Thread Views: 27,246,759   Online Now: 103
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:10 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what makes me think that we are just going to have to ride this out. The ‘5-0 game in October’ thing is a great example of a coach in the OHL who has a lot to learn. And we, as fans, are just going to have to sit and watch and hope. Hope that Billy ‘gets it’ sooner rather than later.
More than anything, as you said Fish, Billy needs to learn to pick his spots. His tantrums on the bench are causing the very situations he’s ranting and bitching about.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:27 PM

Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,888 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
That might be true, 777, but I think Marty had a bit more credibility built up than Billy Burke has. My fear is that the refs, good and bad, treat Billy like an annoying joke. Having said that, I think I should emphasize here that I like Billy. I think heís a good guy; he just doesnít have much currency with the officials across the OHL.
I just donít know how you earn credibility with officials.
That's an easy one, you earn credibility by being credible. You have to be objective and see the play through another vantage point not just the view from the bench. You then have to acknowledge that the referees are people too and they make mistakes. Correcting mistakes in-game is hard enough without someone disparaging everything about you.

This is not unlike being a credible fan. Remove the Homer goggles from time to time, see the other side and concede the obvious. When you are visiting another arena or have visiting fans sitting near you at home it doesn't make you less to compliment their goalie on a great save or to agree the goal they just scored on your team was a beauty.

Be credible.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:02 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Just because a team is sold it doesnít mean relocation Windsor about to be sold and they are staying despite a drop in attendance over the years.
The IceDogs have a 20 year lease so there is no chance of them leaving. However you have to realize that the IceDogs are a well run franchise that has had a lot of success. That can be attributed to the Burkeís. If they sell the team, the new owners may not be as committed to winning and running a top notch organization. I think the Burkeís selling the team are the last thing we want.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2019, 12:40 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,233 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
The IceDogs have a 20 year lease so there is no chance of them leaving. However you have to realize that the IceDogs are a well run franchise that has had a lot of success. That can be attributed to the Burke’s. If they sell the team, the new owners may not be as committed to winning and running a top notch organization. I think the Burke’s selling the team are the last thing we want.
They also have one of the best attendance in the league. It would be just plain stupid to even consider moving. I also don’t believe the BoG would allow it. The team isn’t going anywhere.... I don’t how this even a discussion.

Last edited by fishfan51; 04-30-2019 at 01:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2019, 02:46 PM

Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,888 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
They also have one of the best attendance in the league. It would be just plain stupid to even consider moving. I also donít believe the BoG would allow it. The team isnít going anywhere.... I donít how this even a discussion.
I think some people confuse moving a team with selling it. I agree completely the IceDogs are profitable in Niagara, they won't be moving to Timbuktu anytime soon. But in terms of sale, any business is for sale if the price is right. Could some (other) wealthy guy come in and buy an established franchise and give the Burke's a healthy return on their initial investment - you betcha!
Old 04-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,204 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I think some people confuse moving a team with selling it. I agree completely the IceDogs are profitable in Niagara, they won't be moving to Timbuktu anytime soon. But in terms of sale, any business is for sale if the price is right. Could some (other) wealthy guy come in and buy an established franchise and give the Burke's a healthy return on their initial investment - you betcha!
For example, we read earlier this season about Rick Dudley's wish to buy the Flint Firebirds and move them to Brantford.
He could, if he wanted, make an offer to buy the Niagara team and leave it right here in Niagara. He knows the area very well. And, knows a little bit about hockey. If he spent the time on marketing that the Burke's have, he could be successful as well.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:21 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Rick should make them an offer.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,105 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post

It better be a HEALTHY return on their investment!

Because their sons and daughter in laws will suddenly be unemployed

LOL

Guessing Billy and Joey could find good similar jobs elsewhere in the O based on their experience and reputation

LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2019, 05:04 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
It better be a HEALTHY return on their investment!

Because their sons and daughter in laws will suddenly be unemployed

LOL

Guessing Billy and Joey could find good similar jobs elsewhere in the O based on their experience and reputation

LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....Heard the Maple Leafs might be looking for a new coach & GM
Old 04-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Unquestionably they would be able to find other jobs in the Kiwanis I mean OHL.