Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,368   Msgs Posted: 130,471   Thread Views: 27,246,212   Online Now: 108
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:31 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,233 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Probably not.

I didn’t notice, but RSJ posted that: “In an email to The Standard Monday night, Niagara IceDogs owners Bill and Denise Burke said they've moved on and donated the funds to other causes.”

That is much better use of a million dollars than for street name anyways.
Good on the Burke’s. It’s amazing that the city can somehow screw up being handed a million dollars. I live in the Falls and I thought our council was screwed up.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2019, 08:57 AM

Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,888 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I don’t know, but if you’re expecting something in return it’s not really a “donation” is it?
Depends on if the something you are expecting has any real value. Personally, I think the municipal address for the Meridian Centre belongs on McGuire Street (wasn't it 35 McGuire at some point). The semi-circular "road" is nothing more than a driveway and naming it belongs in the "who cares" file. If someone wanted to give me a million dollars to name my driveway, I would promise perpetuity and happily run away with their cash. The City got greedy, hopeful that in another 20 years they could squeeze out another million dollars from somebody to rename the driveway. Seems to me the Burkes have a history of trying to uphold the deal they bargained for, not the one the other party wanted
Old 05-14-2019, 10:26 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,105 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Depends on if the something you are expecting has any real value. Personally, I think the municipal address for the Meridian Centre belongs on McGuire Street (wasn't it 35 McGuire at some point). The semi-circular "road" is nothing more than a driveway and naming it belongs in the "who cares" file. If someone wanted to give me a million dollars to name my driveway, I would promise perpetuity and happily run away with their cash. The City got greedy, hopeful that in another 20 years they could squeeze out another million dollars from somebody to rename the driveway. Seems to me the Burkes have a history of trying to uphold the deal they bargained for, not the one the other party wanted

The naming rights for my driveway are for sale

And I promise to sell it for cheaper than Nicedawg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2019, 10:45 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,113 Times in 762 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Should we name the driveway or street after Stan Mikita or Jack Gatcliffe
Old 05-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,204 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Or, how about Brian Bellows?
He was a pretty good hockey player as well
I coached against him and his team when he was a midget aged players.
Oops, sort of gave away my age a little bit LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2019, 07:35 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Should we name the driveway or street after Stan Mikita or Jack Gatcliffe
Regarding the street naming .... Stan Mikita Way has a nice ring.

Or how about ... CHEESEBURGER! Way.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:53 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,619 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post

Or how about ... CHEESEBURGER! Way.
Open up one of these on that "driveway"

Old 05-15-2019, 11:13 AM
Rookie

CrazyJoeDavola will become famous soon enough

'' Nepotism Drive '' would be my choice. Or perhaps '' Cheaters Lane '' . LoL !
Old 05-15-2019, 11:38 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,619 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
DE104 this would be a nice tribute to a St. Catharines hockey legend…

Especially, since this banner hangs on the inside of the Meridian Centre….

Old 05-15-2019, 12:51 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,138 Times in 668 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
'' Nepotism Drive '' would be my choice. Or perhaps '' Cheaters Lane '' . LoL !

Somoene has been reading ohl insiders twitter posts lately
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post: