Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,388    Downloads: 1,091,523   Msgs Posted: 119,890   Thread Views: 20,524,671   Online Now: 86
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:22 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,358 Times in 822 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

That 2nd pick this spring is the pick I would not have given up.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Next big dayApril 3 for trading picks
Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Sorry for repeating this, but you are missing the significance of that pick in 2018...

“Trading that 2nd round pick in a very deep 2018 OHL priority draft will affects their ability to go for it next year. A drafted 2nd round player, who emerges as a potential star (e.g., Billy Constantinou) is worth so much more than the 2nd round pick itself.”
Oh my god captain obvious I get the point but fact is this team will be good enough that there’s no guarantees that pick makes it
Old 01-11-2018, 12:24 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,501 Times in 824 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Oh my god captain obvious I get the point but fact is this team will be good enough that there’s no guarantees that pick makes it

I can guarantee that your fact is not in fact a fact.

It is your opinion ...

Please don’t refer to facts as facts when they are not facts lol

HAHAHAHA

Time for bed!

And ps, Many don’t agree with your ‘fact’.
In my OPINION, this team, one year older and wiser and stronger, with its current group of players, add in 2 rookies and maybe 2 imports, is no where near good enough to win it all, without significant deadline acquisitions ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

OHL Prospects trade deadline and comments on our team. per twitter.....

Niagara IceDogs
In: Sam Miletic, SBY 3 2018, WSR 7 2019
Out: Zach Shankar, PBO 2 2018, NIAG 3 2022, NIAG 2 2024, NIAG 2 2025
Analysis: Love the subtle Sam Miletic pick up made the IceDogs. Niagara has taken over first place in the division from Barrie and is positioned to give their young roster some serious playoff experience. Niagara is competing for a Conference championship a year earlier than most would have expected, so why not do what you can to make sure this young roster gets a ton of playoff exposure to make them even better next year when they could be the best team in the Conference? Miletic brings grit and playoff experience and the early results are tremendous (7 points in 3 games). Sure they had to give up some draft picks, but Niagara has a ton and the picks they gave up are mostly far into the future. Subtle, but excellent trade deadline.
Grade: B+
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 01:10 PM
Big League

Joey may have traded away this year's second round pick, but, in return along with Miletic, we get a 3rd round pick that we did not have to start with.
Now, being that the 3rd round is a Sudbury pick, we will most likely have the first pick in the 3rd round right at after the last player picked in the 2nd round.
Might just be a nice pick up there.
The 7th round pick came via the Shankar deal

Just my thought

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 01-15-2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added the word second on the first line and added Shankar info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Joey may have traded away this year's second round pick, but, in return along with Miletic, we get a 3rd round pick that we did not have to start with.
Now, being that the 3rd round is a Sudbury pick, we will most likely have the first pick in the 3rd round right at after the last player picked in the 2nd round.
Might just be a nice pick up there.
The 7th round pick came via the Shankar deal

Just my thought

Should’ve been next year, not this year, that’s all

And I wouldn’t say that we exactly have a ‘tonne’ of picks ..

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 03:49 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Should’ve been next year, not this year, that’s all

And I wouldn’t say that we exactly have a ‘tonne’ of picks ..

Maybe not a ton but I think the point is more than enough to do whatever it is they want next year
Old 01-15-2018, 04:01 PM
Big League

A lot of people who are paid to watch hockey or extra income for a living seem to like the trade.
I do.
As written above, this team should get a wealth of experience in a good run this year and will be to their advantage next year.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 01-15-2018 at 04:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
A lot of people who are paid to watch hockey or extra income for a living seem to like the trade.
I do.
As written above, this team should get a wealth of experience in a good run this year and will be to their advantage next year.

Not all that I read thought it was such a great idea ...

So I’m curious what makes this trade a worthwhile disposition of assets ...

Division banner?
First round win?
Second round win?
Conference banner?
Loss in finals?

I say this in all seriousness ...

I think anything short of appearing in the conference finals would mean IMHO that this trade wasn’t worth the cost ...