Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,343    Downloads: 886,653   Msgs Posted: 117,573   Thread Views: 18,211,077   Online Now: 100
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
One example as posted by OHLProspects a short time ago with his deadline predictions that I found on twitter.

It was suggested Niagara would trade our Sarnia 2nd in 2019 and our Niagara 3rd in 2022 for Adam Thilander would plays defense for North Bay. He thought that he might be a fit here.

He is a 6' - 180# player, born in Sweden in 1998. We do have 2 open import slots and the writer suggests that he would be one of our top two d-men

I was not thinking of dealing a 2nd round though. Maybe a prospect?

Interesting..... hm.....
I saw that suggested trade and didn’t like it because he’s an OA next year and we already have 5 going into the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Any deadline deal that takes playing time away from Hunter, Constantinou and Martin is a step backwards for next year. Any trade that can get them in the line up - like trading Schaefer, Dame and maybe even Bruder will make the Ice Dogs a better team next year.
I fail to see how any trade for a player that would be here next year is a step backwards if it helps the team this season and beyond the players you mentioned will still play more than enough games this season to be prepared next year. Saying that I still wouldn’t mind Dame and/or Bruder going more so Dame so that’s one less OA next year Schaefer I wouldn’t touch
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2017, 07:32 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,988 Times in 942 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post

I saw that suggested trade and didn’t like it because he’s an OA next year and we already have 5 going into the season.

Saying that I still wouldn’t mind Dame and/or Bruder going more so Dame so that’s one less OA next year Schaefer I wouldn’t touch
Just for clarification – in a year the Ice Dogs may decide to take a run at a championship - are you suggesting that the Ice Dogs are set for OAs next year?
Old 12-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,275 Times in 759 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
One example as posted by OHLProspects a short time ago with his deadline predictions that I found on twitter.

It was suggested Niagara would trade our Sarnia 2nd in 2019 and our Niagara 3rd in 2022 for Adam Thilander would plays defense for North Bay. He thought that he might be a fit here.

He is a 6' - 180# player, born in Sweden in 1998. We do have 2 open import slots and the writer suggests that he would be one of our top two d-men

I was not thinking of dealing a 2nd round though. Maybe a prospect?

Interesting..... hm.....
I was not suggesting that the above post was the way to go, I would not really want this option, personally. I just put it here for conversation and I am sort of regretting adding someone else thougths.

What I want to see is still that player that would make us better. Said player would be 2000 or 99 born player who would help us for the next couple of years and then, maybe as an over-ager.
And not cost us the farm to obtain and would still be willing to move a current roster player in doing so.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:18 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Just for clarification – in a year the Ice Dogs may decide to take a run at a championship - are you suggesting that the Ice Dogs are set for OAs next year?
They aren’t set with OA players because by my count they still have to dump guys
Old 12-14-2017, 11:55 AM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I agree with dogs777 as some of the players who will be overage next season will not be here for the season unfortunately.
It is all part of the 4 years cycle. These older players will be replaced by younger ones such as Martin and Cosentino. Not to mention that next year's number one pick will take a roster stop.
All good here, for the growth in the future.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
They aren’t set with OA players because by my count they still have to dump guys
Now, I'm more confused.

In your previous post you mentioned that they should not trade for Adam Thilander because..."he’s an OA next year and we already have 5 going into the season." - and then wrote, "I still wouldn’t mind Dame and/or Bruder going more so Dame so that’s one less OA next year. Schaefer I wouldn’t touch."

From what you previously wrote - the indication was that you felt the Ice Dogs were set in terms of OAs for next year.

Just as a point of reference. In order to be an elite team - you need elite OAs. Other than Dhillon, the Ice Dogs will need to put a huge emphasis on improving their OAs next year, if they want to be serious contenders for an OHL title.

Look at the calibre of the OAs on the top OHL/CHL teams in the last couple of years.

SSM – Top team in the OHL/CHL 2018
<>Hayden Verbeek
<>Noah Carroll
<>…likely destination for Aaron Luchuk.

WINDSOR – MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS 2017
<>Jeremiah Addison
<>Christian DiGiacinto
<>Jalen Chatfield

ERIE – MEMORIAL CUP FINALIST 2017
<>Kyle Pettit
<>Warren Foegele
<>Darren Raddysh
Old 12-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Big League

Quote:
Now, I'm more confused.

In your previous post you mentioned that they should not trade for Adam Thilander because..."he’s an OA next year and we already have 5 going into the season." - and then wrote, "I still wouldn’t mind Dame and/or Bruder going more so Dame so that’s one less OA next year. Schaefer I wouldn’t touch."

From what you previously wrote - the indication was that you felt the Ice Dogs were set in terms of OAs for next year.

Just as a point of reference. In order to be an elite team - you need elite OAs. Other than Dhillon, the Ice Dogs will need to put a huge emphasis on improving their OAs next year, if they want to be serious contenders for an OHL title.

Look at the calibre of the OAs on the top OHL/CHL teams in the last couple of years.

SSM – Top team in the OHL/CHL 2018
<>Hayden Verbeek
<>Noah Carroll
<>…likely destination for Aaron Luchuk.

WINDSOR – MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS 2017
<>Jeremiah Addison
<>Christian DiGiacinto
<>Jalen Chatfield

ERIE – MEMORIAL CUP FINALIST 2017
<>Kyle Pettit
<>Warren Foegele
<>Darren Raddysh
I NEVER said the dogs OA situation was set I said they have 5 already which is 2 more than they need so why add another to that mix unless you are trading one or 2 of our OA players next year as well
Old 12-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Big League

Quote:
I NEVER said the dogs OA situation was set I said they have 5 already which is 2 more than they need so why add another to that mix unless you are trading one or 2 of our OA players next year as well
What I'm trying to say is that the Ice Dogs need to move on from all of their OAs except Dhillon, if they want to be an elite team next year.

The Ice Dogs have to keep all their picks so they can bring in 2 high impact OAs next year – to add to a very good core of returning players. At the moment, their returning OAs are not high impact players.

Anything short of that – will leave the Ice Dogs with a good team but not a championship team.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:36 PM
Big League

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is that the Ice Dogs need to move on from all of their OAs except Dhillon, if they want to be an elite team next year.

The Ice Dogs have to keep all their picks so they can bring in 2 high impact OAs next year – to add to a very good core of returning players. At the moment, their returning OAs are not high impact players.

Anything short of that – will leave the Ice Dogs with a good team but not a championship team.
I think this team is keeping 2 of next years OA players for sure (Dhillon and Lochead) and honestly I’d think of trading Dhillon if you can get someone better/younger
Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Big League

Barrie has just informed us that they are all in by trading for Adam Luchuk from Windsor. They have mortgaged the distant future in doing so. They gave up the following... A 2024 pick....

BAR Curtis Douglas
SBY 2 2021
BAR 2 2022
BAR 3 2024

I hope that we do not go the same route as Barrie and Sault Ste. Marie is the final destination for the winner in the East, or may Sarnia

I still wish for my 6 six forward who was born in 2000 or 1999 to make us better.

That is my Christmas wish and for a little bit of history,...... A couple of years my wish was for that goaltender by the nickname of "Ned" and I got my wish..
Hoping for the same.......

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 12-14-2017 at 12:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: