Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,388    Downloads: 1,091,500   Msgs Posted: 119,889   Thread Views: 20,524,120   Online Now: 87
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Was acquiring Sam Miletic the right move?
YES - wait and see, in Joey we trust! 13 38.24%
NO - short term gain, long term pain! 21 61.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2018, 06:49 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
My concern re: overpaying for Militec stems from a question of 'Is he good?' OR 'Is he good because he was playing for a stacked team in London?'

If it's that he's good, then maybe we didn't overpay, and he will be able to give Thomas the assistance he needs.

If it's just that playing in London, on a stacked team, made him better. Then perhaps we did overpay, and will suffer badly for that.

The hope is that he is both, good, and will provide some leadership as a proven scorer in the league who may be able to help get some of our guys to the next level...
You will have your answer to this question in a few short days.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I wasnít thinking at the moment more so in the summer or next year when hopefully they have more of a value
"I'm smellin' a lot of 'if' comin' off this plan... "

No thanks.

I'd rather have the picks in the bank to use for trades next year.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
You will have your answer to this question in a few short days.
Nope. I'll have my answer after we play some 'serious' competition. Barrie will be a good measure. But I want to see how the IceDogs full roster stacks up against SSM, Kitchener, and Sarnia...

To my way of thinking, at this moment, they're pretenders. This is a 4th - 5th place team that has been overachieving. They faced an exceedingly winnable game vs Sudbury, and almost let it slip away. And when faced with a bigger, stronger opponent (Kingston), they folded like a cheap suit.

My gut feeling is that we got fleeced by London, and Miletic while being a very above average player, may not respond to the game played in Niagara.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nope. I'll have my answer after we play some 'serious' competition. Barrie will be a good measure. But I want to see how the IceDogs full roster stacks up against SSM, Kitchener, and Sarnia...

To my way of thinking, at this moment, they're pretenders. This is a 4th - 5th place team that has been overachieving. They faced an exceedingly winnable game vs Sudbury, and almost let it slip away. And when faced with a bigger, stronger opponent (Kingston), they folded like a cheap suit.

My gut feeling is that we got fleeced by London, and Miletic while being a very above average player, may not respond to the game played in Niagara.
I know the answer, but, some members can post certain things on this board, while some members have a hard time telling other members what they need to know and not what they want to hear.

DM me if you want the answer bc I canít post it on here. Like, canít even make a post about Phillips meeting Day in the corner w/o all the whining. Hell, some members arenít meant for the truth. Fine by me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My concern re: overpaying for Militec stems from a question of 'Is he good?' OR 'Is he good because he was playing for a stacked team in London?'

If it's that he's good, then maybe we didn't overpay, and he will be able to give Thomas the assistance he needs.

If it's just that playing in London, on a stacked team, made him better. Then perhaps we did overpay, and will suffer badly for that.

The hope is that he is both, good, and will provide some leadership as a proven scorer in the league who may be able to help get some of our guys to the next level...
By all accounts according London fans he is good and we will love his work ethic.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the trade.

I said a month ago that we might contend to the Conference Championship. This helps make that possible.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Serving a Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
By all accounts according London fans he is good and we will love his work ethic.
Or, he may just cash it in, and ride it out into the sunset.
He was a good Knight, doesnít always translate into a good dog.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 07:51 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Or, he may just cash it in, and ride it out into the sunset.
He was a good Knight, doesnít always translate into a good dog.
Shankar was a good Troop, but he put his feet up in Niagara.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:03 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:

Hereís the problem you wonít see the Icedogs at full strength Friday or Wednesday vs Kitchener as for your comment about the wolves game who cares how they win as long as they win
Old 01-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t disagree with you, Auld, in that this Dogs squad has been overachieving a bit. That’s why I wasn’t really sure what direction Burke was going to take this team in at the deadline. I do like the acquisition of Miletic, just not what the Dogs had to pay. But then again, in the OHL, this is what draft picks are for. Currency. I’ve noticed that in the WHL, you can trade 1st-round picks. I’m glad you can’t in the O.
I think that by the time some of these lost picks come to fruition, the Dogs will likely have re-acquired them in other trades.
Like really, 2022, 2023? I will be almost 50 by then, and no one who is in the OHL now will be by then.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post: