Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,465   Msgs Posted: 118,225   Thread Views: 19,278,872   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:38 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I agree with you NiceDawg.
The young man, parents and his agent are sitting on the fence and will eventually signs with the team that offers him the best deal.
Of course, ice time is also an issue.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and, Now< I am done with this player. Until they get off the fence.
heís not on the fence IMO
Old 06-03-2018, 08:21 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
heís not on the fence IMO
ND and RSJ nailed it. The kid is holding out for the best offer.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:26 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
ND and RSJ nailed it. The kid is holding out for the best offer.
Nah I donít see it that way I think heís made his decision
Old 06-03-2018, 10:20 PM

Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,420 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Nah I donít see it that way I think heís made his decision
Not so sure, watch the interview FF51 posted. When he is asked who he wants to play against, Halliday quotes former players from GTHL not the USHL high-flyers. Could be he isn't yet immersed. I go back to my "on the fence" argument for now.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Not so sure, watch the interview FF51 posted. When he is asked who he wants to play against, Halliday quotes former players from GTHL not the USHL high-flyers. Could be he isn't yet immersed. I go back to my "on the fence" argument for now.
You might be right but the fact that he showed up for the USHL camp and didnít show up for our orientation day or whatever you want to call it tells me heís picking them over the dogs hope Iím wrong but Iím not sure I will be
Old 06-03-2018, 11:07 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,046 Times in 976 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
Exactly, there is no contest. On ice or off ice, he is a leader and a true ambassador for the team. I've seen so many positive interactions on the bench between him and his teammates. He definitely comes by the role naturally.

Not that fan interactions make a great captain, but take a walk through the Meridian Centre when jerseys are being auctioned, autographs are being given or any interaction with fans is taking place. He's the most prominent player on the team in that regard as well. He's the one.
Ben Jones getting signed to ELC so soon after being draft in the 7th round (and 12th Vegas Knight player selected) in the 2017 Entry Draft – speaks volumes to the incredible season Jones had last year – and how highly the Golden Knights think of him as a potential NHL player.

Congratulations Ben Jones – on a truly amazing accomplishment!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,386 Times in 982 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I agree with you NiceDawg.
The young man, parents and his agent are sitting on the fence and will eventually signs with the team that offers him the best deal.
Of course, ice time is also an issue.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and, Now< I am done with this player. Until they get off the fence.
What have you seen that suggests he's sitting on the fence?

He hasn't shown up here at all. Yet, he has shown up there, put on the skates and led their training camp in scoring.

If he had shown up to both places, or neither, I would agree. But, there has been nothing from him that suggests he's coming here. I don't know what you've seen or heard that can be construed as sitting on the fence.

Last edited by fishfan51; 06-04-2018 at 12:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,302 Times in 783 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
What have you seen that suggests he sitting on the fence?

He hasn't shown up here at all. Yet, he has shown up there, put on the skates and led their training camp in scoring.

If he had shown up to both places, or neither, I would agree. But, there has been nothing from him that suggests he's coming here. I don't know what you've seen or heard that can be construed has sitting on the fence.
Merely a guess on my part and if our GM had not so quick at stating his confidence after the draft, we would not be having this conversation.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,046 Times in 976 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Jones gets Knighted
By Bill Potrecz - June 5, 2018

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/jones-gets-knighted/

“I got a call two weeks ago and they mentioned they wanted to sign me,” Jones said. “They were really impressed with my season last year and the work I’ve put in so far this off season to get better and improve myself.”

Jones has been working out diligently. He trains twice a week in London with a skating coach and then spends two other days in Aurora with former NHL forward Gary Roberts, working on conditioning.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:53 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,455 Times in 797 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Merely a guess on my part and if our GM had not so quick at stating his confidence after the draft, we would not be having this conversation.

Based on his ridiculous quote, The GM appears to be young, naieve and full of bravado.

I canNot imagine that a grizzled veteran OHL GM would ever make a Public comment like this .

Based on Halliday’s relative inaction towards Niagara thus far ... I would be shocked beyond belief if he signs with Niagara.

I agree with FF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk