Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,455   Msgs Posted: 118,225   Thread Views: 19,277,953   Online Now: 91
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:32 AM

Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,420 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
He hasn't shown up here at all. Yet, he has shown up there, put on the skates and led their training camp in scoring.

If he had shown up to both places, or neither, I would agree.
I'd be more worried if Niagara had a rookie evaluation camp that he didn't show up for rather than an "orientation". If he doesn't show for the rookie camp in USHL he has no chance of making the team. If he doesn't show for the tour of the Niagara Region and picture in the locker room, life still goes on. He could be just keeping both offers alive until he gets the deal he wants and commits.

Last edited by NiceDawg; 06-06-2018 at 08:34 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,302 Times in 783 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I'd be more worried if Niagara had a rookie evaluation camp that he didn't show up for rather than an "orientation". If he doesn't show for the rookie camp in USHL he has no chance of making the team. If he doesn't show for the tour of the Niagara Region and picture in the locker room, life still goes on. He could be just keeping both offers alive until he gets the deal he wants and commits.
Once again and as mentioned here previously, he could be playing both ends of the rope to the middle.
If only Joey had said Nothing.......
Old 06-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Once again and as mentioned here previously, he could be playing both ends of the rope to the middle.
Oh please if Joey said nothing some on here would still be saying everything thatís been said already
Old 06-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,386 Times in 982 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Once again, he has shown nothing to indicate that whatsoever.

Joey could learn a lesson from Rychel on how to respond when asked about players that haven't signed. Here's how Rychel answered a question in the Windsor Star about a player the Spits are trying to land that is committed to Michigan State. ďIím optimistic and things are positive, but you just donít know,Ē Rychel said. ďThereís a lot of different things involved.Ē

So far Joey has made two big statements as GM.

1) The Dogs would look to add an OA at the last years deadline, but they weren't going to spend a lot of on a player that wouldn't return the following season.... enter Sam Miletic.

2) Stephen Halliday will 100% report, he will be an IceDog.... enter Central Illinois Flying Aces.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,302 Times in 783 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Joey could learn a lesson from Rychel on how to respond when asked about players that haven't signed. Here's how Rychel answered a question in the Windsor Star about a player the Spits are trying to land that is committed to Michigan State. ďIím optimistic and things are positive, but you just donít know,Ē Rychel said. ďThereís a lot of different things involved.Ē

1) The Dogs would look to add an OA at the last years deadline, but they weren't going to spend a lot of on a player that wouldn't return the following season.... enter Sam Miletic.

2) Stephen Halliday will 100% report, he will be an IceDog.... enter Central Illinois Flying Aces.
Thank you and you are 100% correct on all counts and speaking for myself, once again, I am done with this player's future.

I am however curious as to what our first on two 4th round pick (DeSimone) might bring. Would anyone have any thoughts on him?
Old 06-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Oh please if Joey said nothing some on here would still be saying everything that’s been said already
I know I would. When they brought in Miletic and gave up the Petes 2nd round pick this year to do so, people defended the move by saying it was okay because they got Sudburys 3rd round in return. Except, they used that 3rd round pick on Halliday. So, if he doesn't report, they went without a 2nd and 3rd round pick in one of the deepest drafts in years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Joey could learn a lesson from Rychel on how to respond when asked about players that haven't signed. Here's how Rychel answered a question in the Windsor Star about a player the Spits are trying to land that is committed to Michigan State. “I’m optimistic and things are positive, but you just don’t know,” Rychel said. “There’s a lot of different things involved.”

I’ve said it before I don’t have a problem with what Joey said in either situation. 1) he doesn’t feel like what he gave up was a lot and they can still go for whoever they think they need/want for the “go for it” 2) he said what he was most likely told i don’t think the team or the player saw the first overall selection coming. Everyone always want quotes from teams around every league we shouldn’t complain when we get something but don’t like it but that’s just my opinion
Old 06-06-2018, 02:03 PM
Big League

Quote:
I know I would. When they brought in Miletic and gave up the Petes 2nd round pick this year to do so, people defended the move by saying it was okay because they got Sudburys 3rd round in return. Except, they used that 3rd round pick on Halliday. So, if he doesn't report, they went without a 2nd and 3rd round pick in one of the deepest drafts in years.
People defended it because it was the first pick of the round so itís basically a second round pick as for them not having a second or third this year it sucks absolutely but I think if the team is as good as they hope those guys would be 4th liners or not even playing and if they manage to be as good as they hope they might get a few guys from this draft when they trade the leftovers from whatever they ice come playoffs
Old 06-06-2018, 02:04 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
Iíve said it before I donít have a problem with what Joey said in either situation. 1) he doesnít feel like what he gave up was a lot and they can still go for whoever they think they need/want for the ďgo for itĒ 2) he said what he was most likely told i donít think the team or the player saw the first overall selection coming. Everyone always want quotes from teams around every league we shouldnít complain when we get something but donít like it but thatís just my opinion
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. His job isn't to give quotes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
People defended it because it was the first pick of the round so itís basically a second round pick as for them not having a second or third this year it sucks absolutely but I think if the team is as good as they hope those guys would be 4th liners or not even playing and if they manage to be as good as they hope they might get a few guys from this draft when they trade the leftovers from whatever they ice come playoffs
Right, but they gave up the Petes 2nd rounder, so by using that logic it was basically a 1st round pick.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post: