Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,736    Downloads: 1,621,968   Msgs Posted: 129,751   Thread Views: 26,724,740   Online Now: 125
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:08 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

As mentioned above, AJ Cook played forward last night.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:23 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,580 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

IceDogs 22 man roster? Who does not make the cut?

<>Still have 3 exhibition games, one OA to be traded - before the season opener roster is finalized.

Who does not make the cut?

-G- (Pick 2)
01 C. Spragalia
02 T. Tynan
03 J. Rosenzweig

-D- (Pick 7)
1 (L) 99 C. Paquette (OA)
2 (L) 99 E. Roberts (OA)
3 (L) 99 D. Hunter (OA)
4 (L) 01 M. Howard
5 (D) 01 D. Betts
6 (L) 02 G. Chanton
7 (R) 03 I. Enright
8 (R) 03 L. Cato
9 (R) 01 AJ Cook (D/F)

-F- (Pick 13)
1 (L) 99 O. Castleman (OA)
2 (R) 99 B. Johnson (OA)
3 (R) 00 A. Thomas
4 (R) 00 A. Bruder
5 (L) 00 J. Doherty
6 (L) 00 L. Theriault
7 (R) 00 K. Sopa
8 (R) 01 P. Tomasino
9 (L) 01 R. Campbell
10 (R) 02 J.Uberti
11 (R) 02 J. DeSimone
12 (R) 02 E. Sims
13 (L) 02 C. Snow
14 (R) 03 A. Agostinelli
15 (R) 01 AJ Cook (D/F)
Old 09-01-2019, 08:32 PM

Thanked 3,423 Times in 1,867 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Johnson had an "A" on his jersey last night. Wonder who gets a letter?
Old 09-01-2019, 10:46 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
IceDogs 22 man roster? Who does not make the cut?

<>Still have 3 exhibition games, one OA to be traded - before the season opener roster is finalized.

Who does not make the cut?

-G- (Pick 2)
01 C. Spragalia
02 T. Tynan
03 J. Rosenzweig

-D- (Pick 7)
1 (L) 99 C. Paquette (OA)
2 (L) 99 E. Roberts (OA)
3 (L) 99 D. Hunter (OA)
4 (L) 01 M. Howard
5 (D) 01 D. Betts
6 (L) 02 G. Chanton
7 (R) 03 I. Enright
8 (R) 03 L. Cato
9 (R) 01 AJ Cook (D/F)

-F- (Pick 13)
1 (L) 99 O. Castleman (OA)
2 (R) 99 B. Johnson (OA)
3 (R) 00 A. Thomas
4 (R) 00 A. Bruder
5 (L) 00 J. Doherty
6 (L) 00 L. Theriault
7 (R) 00 K. Sopa
8 (R) 01 P. Tomasino
9 (L) 01 R. Campbell
10 (R) 02 J.Uberti
11 (R) 02 J. DeSimone
12 (R) 02 E. Sims
13 (L) 02 C. Snow
14 (R) 03 A. Agostinelli
15 (R) 01 AJ Cook (D/F)
IF they trade an OA before the season I think it’s hunter or Johnson. With the goalies I would cut Rosenzweig and let him play a ton in jr.B if they are going to let sbaraglia run with the #1 job on D I think cook gets cut (I don’t think they trade for and sign Betts unless he’s made the team) As for the forwards I think agostinelli goes which would bring them to 13 with cook being cut (i can see one of Sims, snow or Campbell going and a D playing forward if someone isn’t moved by the start of the year)

Last edited by dogs777; 09-01-2019 at 11:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2019, 07:27 AM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
IF they trade an OA before the season I think it’s hunter or Johnson. With the goalies I would cut Rosenzweig and let him play a ton in jr.B if they are going to let sbaraglia run with the #1 job on D I think cook gets cut (I don’t think they trade for and sign Betts unless he’s made the team) As for the forwards I think agostinelli goes which would bring them to 13 with cook being cut (i can see one of Sims, snow or Campbell going and a D playing forward if someone isn’t moved by the start of the year)
OHL Overage timeline
5 OAs until Mid-November
4 OAs until January

I think:
Josh Rosenweig is on the ice practicing with Niagara’s GK coach Bob Janosz, whenever he is not on the ice with the local Jr.B team he is assigned to.

AJ Cook is re-positioned to forward. Dakota Betts is the odd man out until one of the OA dman (Roberts or Hunter) is traded - that could be days, weeks or a couple of months.

Bradey Johnson is traded – Castleman remains on the team as one of the eventual 3 OAs and NiceDawg still has a relevant jersey to wear to all games.

Of the rookies, AJ Cook makes the team as a forward. 03 Anthony Agostinelli did not participate in the Black and White game – so that tells me that hockey operations sold him on the OHL as opposed to the NCAA route to the NHL- so he has a roster spot. Lucas Theriault is a recently signed 2000, so he must have a roster spot. 01 Ryan Campbell has been the most impressive of all the rookie forwards, so that leaves 02 Ethan Sims and 02 Cameron Snow to battle it out for that last roster spot – and my prediction is Snow or they sign Christian Stevens.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:53 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,186 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
OHL Overage timeline
5 OAs until Mid-November
4 OAs until January

I think:
Josh Rosenweig is on the ice practicing with Niagara’s GK coach Bob Janosz, whenever he is not on the ice with the local Jr.B team he is assigned to.

AJ Cook is re-positioned to forward. Dakota Betts is the odd man out until one of the OA dman (Roberts or Hunter) is traded - that could be days, weeks or a couple of months.

Bradey Johnson is traded – Castleman remains on the team as one of the eventual 3 OAs and NiceDawg still has a relevant jersey to wear to all games.

Of the rookies, AJ Cook makes the team as a forward. 03 Anthony Agostinelli did not participate in the Black and White game – so that tells me that hockey operations sold him on the OHL as opposed to the NCAA route to the NHL- so he has a roster spot. Lucas Theriault is a recently signed 2000, so he must have a roster spot. 01 Ryan Campbell has been the most impressive of all the rookie forwards, so that leaves 02 Ethan Sims and 02 Cameron Snow to battle it out for that last roster spot – and my prediction is Snow or they sign Christian Stevens.
I do not believe that Dakota Betts will be the odd man out. He will get a regular shift. Players like Howard and both rookies Enright and Cato will rotate in and out of the lineup.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:01 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I do not believe that Dakota Betts will be the odd man out. He will get a regular shift. Players like Howard and both rookies Enright and Cato will rotate in and out of the lineup.
I agree with you RSJ. They will rotate the players you mentioned. What I meant was until they trade an OA (and get it back down to 7 dman), Betts will not be part of the 22 man roster. Once the trade is made, Betts comes in - and they continue to rotate those players.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:05 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,186 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I agree with you RSJ. They will rotate the players you mentioned. What I meant was until they trade an OA (and get it back down to 7 dman), Betts will not be part of the 22 man roster. Once the trade is made, Betts comes in - and they continue to rotate those players.
It will be interesting as to how this scenario plays out. Stay tuned....
Old 09-02-2019, 08:06 AM

Thanked 3,423 Times in 1,867 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Johnson was wearing the "A". It could go the opposite direction and I am irrelevant (and irreverent) or I go jerseyless.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OHL Overage timeline
5 OAs until Mid-November
4 OAs until January

I think:

Ummm I agree with Rosenzweig. I think Betts or Howard end up being the D playing forward if they end up waiting to trade a D the more I think about it it’ll probably be Paquette moved and Hunter and Roberts will stay this year assuming we keep 3 OAs. As for your forwards IF it came down to snow or Sims I think they take Sims and I don’t think Stevens signs I think he would’ve signed already if he was going to

Last edited by dogs777; 09-02-2019 at 06:10 PM.