Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 946,005   Msgs Posted: 118,064   Thread Views: 18,926,979   Online Now: 57
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-13-2017, 03:16 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,294 Times in 775 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!
Default What will Niagara do at the trade deadline?

It is pretty quiet so, let us begin a new line of discussion, if you wish.

Will our team stay pat at the deadline or will a new player come in?

I have been thinking for sometime now, that I would like to see a trade in which we would get a 2000 or 99 player that would not cost the farm to obtain.
A player that would make us better than we are now at a reasonable cost.
A top two D-man or a top 6 forward who would compliment what he have now.
An import player if available at a good price .

I might even move a roster player for the right player. Just my thoughts as we get ready for tonight's Canada game

Your thoughts please.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:22 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
It is pretty quiet so, let us begin a new line of discussion, if you wish.

Will our team stay pat at the deadline or will a new player come in?

I have been thinking for sometime now, that I would like to see a trade in which we would get a 2000 or 99 player that would not cost the farm to obtain.
A player that would make us better than we are now at a reasonable cost.
A top two D-man or a top 6 forward who would compliment what he have now.
An import player if available at a good price .

I might even move a roster player for the right player. Just my thoughts as we get ready for tonight's Canada game

Your thoughts please.
I think the team ends up staying pat but I wouldn’t mind 99 but if that player is good and either a top 6 forwards or top 4 D it will cost more than you think it will
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

One example as posted by OHLProspects a short time ago with his deadline predictions that I found on twitter.

It was suggested Niagara would trade our Sarnia 2nd in 2019 and our Niagara 3rd in 2022 for Adam Thilander would plays defense for North Bay. He thought that he might be a fit here.

He is a 6' - 180# player, born in Sweden in 1998. We do have 2 open import slots and the writer suggests that he would be one of our top two d-men

I was not thinking of dealing a 2nd round though. Maybe a prospect?

Interesting..... hm.....
Old 12-13-2017, 04:51 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

The Dogs are doing way better then I thought they would at this time and Missy and other Eastern Conference teams way worse....It looked like the Dogs would drop like a rock with the return of NHL players back to OHL clubs and Missy would sky rocket but the reverse happend. .... With that in mind I think the Dogs only add a guy if he can return next year, other wise they stand Pat. ...need some offense.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Big League

Add a top six forward that will not cost us a fortune born 2000 or 1998 to help us in our re-boot.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,025 Times in 964 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Any deadline deal that takes playing time away from Hunter, Constantinou and Martin is a step backwards for next year. Any trade that can get them in the line up - like trading Schaefer, Dame and maybe even Bruder will make the Ice Dogs a better team next year.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Any deadline deal that takes playing time away from Hunter, Constantinou and Martin is a step backwards for next year. Any trade that can get them in the line up - like trading Schaefer, Dame and maybe even Bruder will make the Ice Dogs a better team next year.
I might even move a roster player for the right player. "I mentioned this in the opening post about the willingness to move a roster player or a prospect to help us this year and next year as well.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I might even move a roster player for the right player. "I mentioned this in the opening post about the willingness to move a roster player or a prospect to help us this year and next year as well.
I agree. Move a couple of roster players for picks though - and get Constantinou, Hunter and Martin in. Good for this year and even better for next year.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:04 PM

Thanked 2,594 Times in 1,417 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I am not convinced of Shankar's worth to the team. I believe he has underplayed and that Joey Burke will keep his eye on the horizon for a displaced OA at the deadline, while cutting bait on Shankar and the lost pick. Experience is a good teacher and recognizing a mistake then fixing it is a good attribute for a GM.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:09 PM
Big League

Quote:
Add a top six forward that will not cost us a fortune born 2000 or 1998 to help us in our re-boot.
Here is my idea Trade 98 Schaefer, 98 Dame and 00 Bruder for 99 Hunter, 00 Constantinou, 01 Martin and 3 picks - that is great deal for the Ice Dogs!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: