Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 945,911   Msgs Posted: 118,062   Thread Views: 18,923,328   Online Now: 67
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:18 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,294 Times in 775 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnie View Post
Why don't they stop the game when someone is hurt bad like that?
Welcome to our fan site!
Old 01-07-2018, 10:22 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
I think if he'd become a hazard on the ice they would have stopped the game. But he was making progress to his bench, generally as long as they do that, there isn't a stoppage. I'm not a fan... They take hitting almost completely out of the game for 'Player Safety' then let a guy crawl across the ice after being hit hard by his own man.

Doesn't make much sense, alas... I believe it is the up to the official's discretion as to whether they whistle the play dead on an injury.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:29 AM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Can you imagine playing London if every time a player flopped to the ice they got a whistle??
Old 01-07-2018, 10:32 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I beleive its because it has been known for a player to stay down and act hurt to stop an opposing player on a scoring chance hence now they wait till yhe injured players team gains control of the puck before a play stoppage... last night by the time sudbury gained control of the puck Pazetta was already making prigress to the bench and out of harms way from the play therefore they let the play continue
Old 01-07-2018, 10:47 AM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

That was an absolutely brutal collision and I physically shuttered when I saw that. Sometimes there is nothing worse in hockey than a collision with your own player. You generally have no idea that it's coming, your body does not tense up or brace and you feel like you stepped out on the railroad tracks without looking. Even when you're blindsided while carrying the puck, you have some degree of tension and expectation in your body that helps with the blow.

Nasty stuff and I wanted to clock the guy behind me that laughed at it.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
That was an absolutely brutal collision and I physically shuttered when I saw that. Sometimes there is nothing worse in hockey than a collision with your own player. You generally have no idea that it's coming, your body does not tense up or brace and you feel like you stepped out on the railroad tracks without looking. Even when you're blindsided while carrying the puck, you have some degree of tension and expectation in your body that helps with the blow.

Nasty stuff and I wanted to clock the guy behind me that laughed at it.
I agree with you whole heartedly and unfortunately, there are too many people that don't know because they don't know.

Losing our season tickets would not be worth the price, mind you, but, we sure have to think about it before acting.

Good for you!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:21 AM
4th Line

bunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Welcome to our fan site!
Thanks alot
Old 01-07-2018, 11:24 AM
4th Line

bunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by othersbunnie is absolutely hated by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I agree with you whole heartedly and unfortunately, there are too many people that don't know because they don't know.

Losing our season tickets would not be worth the price, mind you, but, we sure have to think about it before acting.

Good for you!
I laughed to because it was a bit funny to see two guys on the same team crash but then it look like he was really hurt so I stopped.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I laughed to because it was a bit funny to see two guys on the same team crash but then it look like he was really hurt so I stopped.
I get the laughing at the initial collision... but someone behind me started laughing even harder when he saw Pazzetta trying to get off the ice... there's nothing funny about a young kid getting hurt
Old 01-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Big League

Quote:
That is normally the first reaction but once we become aware of the real pain that they are feeling, the humor goes away. Those two young men are for sure hurting puppies this morning for a lack of better words or for using a pun.