Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,656,698   Msgs Posted: 130,968   Thread Views: 27,676,952   Online Now: 115
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:24 PM

Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,902 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Move to where? I don't see Hamilton City Council lining up to renovate Copps.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 11:45 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,127 Times in 771 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Move to where? I don't see Hamilton City Council lining up to renovate Copps.
Cornwall I believe is ready
Old 09-27-2019, 08:24 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,124 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I don’t see
(A) Hamilton renovating Copps or
(B) building a new arena any time soon, so
(C) bye bye Bulldogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 05:38 PM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Cornwall I believe is ready
Cornwall Civic is only slightly more ready than The Jack was. That dump needs to be torn down and replaced. That however is not going to happen. I lived in “Cornhell” back in the early 90’s and the unemployment rate back then was close to 40% following the closing of the Domtar plant. I’m not aware of any significant industry relocating to Cornwall since then. 2016 employment stats show unemployment at 11%. This is double the national average. Demographic data from the same year shows that almost 25% of the population in Cornwall is 65+. I don’t see a tax base that would be willing to support significant renovations let alone a new arena build.

I think Hamilton will get their together and provide a new 7000 to 8000 seat arena somewhere in the city.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:02 PM
All Star

three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
Cornwall Civic is only slightly more ready than The Jack was. That dump needs to be torn down and replaced. That however is not going to happen. I lived in “Cornhell” back in the early 90’s and the unemployment rate back then was close to 40% following the closing of the Domtar plant. I’m not aware of any significant industry relocating to Cornwall since then. 2016 employment stats show unemployment at 11%. This is double the national average. Demographic data from the same year shows that almost 25% of the population in Cornwall is 65+. I don’t see a tax base that would be willing to support significant renovations let alone a new arena build.

I think Hamilton will get their together and provide a new 7000 to 8000 seat arena somewhere in the city.
It has changed since then completely renovated https://www.cornwall.ca/en/play-here...-complex.aspx#
Old 09-27-2019, 06:04 PM
All Star

Here another update of the main arena renovated in 2005 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornwall_Civic_Complex
Old 09-27-2019, 06:24 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,223 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

During a trip to the east coast a couple of years ago, we stopped in to visit the rink but the main reason was to visit the hall of fame.
We were speaking to a couple of the attendants and during the chat, the OHL came to be. They stated that the current City Fathers have not shown any desire for the return of Major Junior hockey to Cornwall. But, we know, that everything can change from day to day.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:14 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
During a trip to the east coast a couple of years ago, we stopped in to visit the rink but the main reason was to visit the hall of fame.
We were speaking to a couple of the attendants and during the chat, the OHL came to be. They stated that the current City Fathers have not shown any desire for the return of Major Junior hockey to Cornwall. But, we know, that everything can change from day to day.
Money talks
Old 10-02-2019, 02:02 PM
All Star

Interesting development in Hamilton https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9...=&utm_content=
Old 10-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Interesting development in Hamilton https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9...=&utm_content=

Very interesting.

Quote:
Hamilton Bulldogs owner Michael Andlauer is proposing to pay up to $30 million toward the construction of a proposed $72-million OHL arena at Lime Ridge Mall.

The contentious pitch, to be made publicly this morning to Hamilton city councillors, also include a city-built $54-million parking garage at the Mountain mall, with Cadillac Fairview expected to lease the needed land for $1 a year.

Andlauer's presentation, made available ahead of this morning's meeting at city hall, also suggests a partnership with Metrolinx on the parking garage is possible via a related GO Transit park-and-ride.
Put up 30 mil is a serious investment in OHL hockey. I really hope this happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post: