Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,001,003   Msgs Posted: 118,506   Thread Views: 19,593,118   Online Now: 70
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Again, if heís that good, why wouldnít he be getting playing time?

Letís wait until camp and we see these guys for ourselves. Based on the import history we have, I donít understand the excitement people have.

I just donít buy reason/excuse a, b or c for him being released. If heís that good heís still be a Wheat King. Hope Iím wrong. Iíll wait to see him in action with my own eyes before anointing him the replacement for Lochead.
Fair enough
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
They typically go hand in hand. It's hard to play a physical brand for over 100 games and not have one tilt.

Curious, have you seen him play? I'm not being sarcastic, legit question.

If you've seen him play and it's a physical brand, then he may just be the replacement for Lochead. I haven't seen either of the imports play so I can't say either way, just going by what I've read and stats.

I don't see why Brandon would just let him go for nothing, if he was that good. Even if they were bringing in high end imports this year, they could have still traded him for a return. Doesn't make much sense that they would just let an asset walk away without getting something. It makes even less sense for him to fall to the second round of the import draft if he was that good and everyone knew he was coming over.

I'm in the minority when it comes to being excited about them just because they signed.

We've had other imports here in the past. They weren't good. (i.e. Machala, Bessonov, Demin, Doudera, Kopta, Protapovich, Sysala, etc.) So, I'll wait and see what they are about before getting excited.
No I havenít seen him play but did see sopa play and ive seen the same stats and I read a lot of stuff as well but donít read to much into WHL stats when it comes to a guy coming to the OHL. I never once said I was excited about the kid Iím almost never excited about imports we pick or anyone picks for that matter minus the odd few as for the Brandon reasoning who knows Iíve seen a few things suggested only the teams and the player know
Old Today, 03:11 AM
3rd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

My shot at the Opening Day Lineup

Sopa / Jones / Maksimov
Tomasino / Thomas / Lodnia
Philip / Johnson / O/A
Castleman / Bruder / Martin

Extra Forwards Ryan Campbell / Joel Mazzilli

MacPherson / Ham
Hunter / Bukac
Roberts / Moore
Howard / Constantinou

Extra Defence Jonathon Schaefer / Daniel Nardi

Dhillon
Incze

I wouldn't be shocked to see Constantinou traded at some point for a high(er) end F or Shutdown D. I don't see any place on this team for Schaefer. I think he'll be released or traded (for a bag of pucks). Uberti and De Simone will probably see spot duty on the 4th line.

Last edited by g_squad; Today at 03:17 AM.
Old Today, 06:35 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,308 Times in 787 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

We saw Uberti at the Gold Cup in Kitchener shortly after the draft and we really liked what we saw in him.
He may be a big surprise and play more often than some expect.
Your read it here first LOL
Old Today, 07:41 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,460 Times in 802 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
They typically go hand in hand. It's hard to play a physical brand for over 100 games and not have one tilt.

Curious, have you seen him play? I'm not being sarcastic, legit question.

If you've seen him play and it's a physical brand, then he may just be the replacement for Lochead. I haven't seen either of the imports play so I can't say either way, just going by what I've read and stats.

I don't see why Brandon would just let him go for nothing, if he was that good. Even if they were bringing in high end imports this year, they could have still traded him for a return. Doesn't make much sense that they would just let an asset walk away without getting something. It makes even less sense for him to fall to the second round of the import draft if he was that good and everyone knew he was coming over.

I'm in the minority when it comes to being excited about them just because they signed.

We've had other imports here in the past. They weren't good. (i.e. Machala, Bessonov, Demin, Doudera, Kopta, Protapovich, Sysala, etc.) So, I'll wait and see what they are about before getting excited.

I too am in the minority on the imports especially the kid from the WHL for the exact same reasons you mentioned above ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Today, 08:56 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,074 Times in 993 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I don't see why Brandon would just let him go for nothing, if he was that good. Even if they were bringing in high end imports this year, they could have still traded him for a return.

Doesn't make much sense that they would just let an asset walk away without getting something.

It makes even less sense for him to fall to the second round of the import draft if he was that good and everyone knew he was coming over.
Only information we have on Bukac is a couple of scouting reports – that seem to agree on his strengths and weaknesses for the most part. Apparently, enough up-side that the Boston Bruins drafted him. However, like you, having not seen him play – I’m not sure what we have. So I’m looking forward to training camp!

However, you cannot read anything into his release:

<> Brandon had to open an import spot for Vegas Knights 1st Rd pick (D) Eric Brannstrom. The Wheat kings are owned by Golden Knights assistant general manager Kelly McCrimmon.

<> Bukac’s no trade contract did not allow Brandon to trade him. As is the case with all Imports, the player’s agents – and not the team GMs decide where the player will play. Once the decision was made that Bukac was going to be released – a conversation between Joey Burke and Bukac’s agent (whom Burke knows well) allowed Niagara to negotiate a deal to bring him to the Ice Dogs.

<> Where you are selected in Import draft is equally insignificant. It has nothing to do with how good a player is. Their draft position is based primarily on a pre-arranged deal between the agent and the team. Some of the most talented players and NHL draft eligible players were drafted later rather than earlier - #18 Marco Rossi – Ottawa, #42 Guskov, Matvei – London, #44 Erick Brannstorm are just a few examples.

To this point, Joey Burke has given us reason to believe that the "new regime" is diligent and thorough in their scouting, preparation and desire to bring in the best possible players. So, while I'm not sure about our imports - I'm both hopeful and optimistic
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: