Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 808,513   Msgs Posted: 108,492   Thread Views: 15,520,982   Online Now: 32
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Stinkyp3t3's Avatar
Stinkyp3t3 Stinkyp3t3 is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sec 105
Posts: 1,440
Thanks: 891
Thanked 347 Times in 254 Posts
Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all
Default

Question for fishfan51

What is the market price for a semi decent overager in the off season?

Would it not be perhaps better to forego these aqusitions and let the young pups play the entire season?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-07-2017, 10:30 AM
AuldBone's Avatar
AuldBone AuldBone is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Close enough to the glass to moon the ref...
Posts: 971
Thanks: 1,006
Thanked 476 Times in 300 Posts
AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Question for fishfan51

What is the market price for a semi decent overager in the off season?

Would it not be perhaps better to forego these aqusitions and let the young pups play the entire season?
While that would be my preference, and would also give a chance for some of the 98s and 99s to take on a bigger leadership role, as they are likely to do over the next 2 seasons, this team (and many of it's fans) seem to think that it's a necessity to force the team to carry 3 OAs...

Earnestly, I didn't think that Pastorious EARNED a spot coming out of training camp last season, yet there he was... And at the deadline, when they picked up Brack, I thought perhaps it was time to give an 'A' to a 98 or 99 to give them a trial at carrying some leadership since all the 96s would be gone at the end of the season, leaving Johnny Corneil as the only returning 'leadership' from this team. But alas, they put the 'A' on Brack, and it appeared to be a good idea, if still a bit short sighted. Can't knock Brack, he did everything asked of him, but he didn't need to be carrying that 'A'.

I think if the right deals came along, 2 (or even 1) player(s) who make the team better, then sure, add the veteran leadership, but let's not neglect to build up our homegrown leadership for the next 2 years. Corneil makes 'C' one of the new OA should be given an 'A'. Then I would use the other 2 on either 2 98s, or a 98 and a 99. You have to build for the future. But, the IceDogs being who they are as a team are likely to build for the short term gain.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-07-2017, 11:36 AM
dogs777 dogs777 is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 290
Thanked 257 Times in 203 Posts
dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
While that would be my preference, and would also give a chance for some of the 98s and 99s to take on a bigger leadership role, as they are likely to do over the next 2 seasons, this team (and many of it's fans) seem to think that it's a necessity to force the team to carry 3 OAs...

Earnestly, I didn't think that Pastorious EARNED a spot coming out of training camp last season, yet there he was... And at the deadline, when they picked up Brack, I thought perhaps it was time to give an 'A' to a 98 or 99 to give them a trial at carrying some leadership since all the 96s would be gone at the end of the season, leaving Johnny Corneil as the only returning 'leadership' from this team. But alas, they put the 'A' on Brack, and it appeared to be a good idea, if still a bit short sighted. Can't knock Brack, he did everything asked of him, but he didn't need to be carrying that 'A'.

I think if the right deals came along, 2 (or even 1) player(s) who make the team better, then sure, add the veteran leadership, but let's not neglect to build up our homegrown leadership for the next 2 years. Corneil makes 'C' one of the new OA should be given an 'A'. Then I would use the other 2 on either 2 98s, or a 98 and a 99. You have to build for the future. But, the IceDogs being who they are as a team are likely to build for the short term gain.
Having an A on your jersey really doesn't mean as much as you think it does a younger player can still be one of the guys in the leadership group without an A on the jersey. As for getting OA players for next if it's a deal where we give up a later round pick or if we can even find a guy or two on waivers when teams try and cut down after camp or at the deadline
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-07-2017, 03:43 PM
5 for fighting 5 for fighting is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 162
Thanks: 17
Thanked 157 Times in 69 Posts
5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
While that would be my preference, and would also give a chance for some of the 98s and 99s to take on a bigger leadership role, as they are likely to do over the next 2 seasons, this team (and many of it's fans) seem to think that it's a necessity
I want the IceDogs to do as well as they can next season so therefore I think they should definitely carry the max of 3 OA's.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 04-07-2017, 03:48 PM
retired/sectionJ's Avatar
retired/sectionJ retired/sectionJ is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Welland
Posts: 1,562
Thanks: 1,184
Thanked 839 Times in 480 Posts
retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I want the IceDogs to do as well as they can next season so therefore I think they should definitely carry the max of 3 OA's.
I agree with you 100% on having the three over-agers and I sure that it will happen. One will come in early in the season and the other, possibly a little later.
Or, he can be a free agent invite to camp and make the team.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Blacksox Blacksox is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,121
Thanks: 538
Thanked 1,257 Times in 571 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Central Scoutings NA skater list: Maksimov-66, Philip-152, Castleman-164, Jones-170 and Machala-215.

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-11-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-11-2017, 08:53 PM
the dog the dog is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 657
Thanks: 446
Thanked 236 Times in 134 Posts
the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Central Scoutings NA skater list: Maksimov-66, Philip-152, Castleman-164, Jones-170 and Machala-315.
Machala is #215
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:44 PM
overcookedveg overcookedveg is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
overcookedveg is on a distinguished road
Default

Is Max Khull someone we should pay attention to?

He put up 62 points this year in the NOJHL, and from what I have gathered, has not given an NCAA commitment. He would be a good playmaking winger on next year's team.

I am somewhat new to following the Ice Dogs through these forums and am not aware of any past tensions that may have happened with Khull and FO, or about him not wanting to report.

Last edited by overcookedveg; 04-11-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-11-2017, 11:53 PM
modaymorninggm modaymorninggm is offline
4th Line
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 61
Thanks: 1
Thanked 45 Times in 25 Posts
modaymorninggm has a spectacular aura aboutmodaymorninggm has a spectacular aura aboutmodaymorninggm has a spectacular aura about
Default

The Ice Dogs scout for Northern Ontario is a well respected hockey man and I would expect that between him and the Head Scout Mr MacLeod they have everything is order for Max Khull to step in next year
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-12-2017, 11:20 AM
AuldBone's Avatar
AuldBone AuldBone is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Close enough to the glass to moon the ref...
Posts: 971
Thanks: 1,006
Thanked 476 Times in 300 Posts
AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by overcookedveg View Post
Is Max Khull someone we should pay attention to?

He put up 62 points this year in the NOJHL, and from what I have gathered, has not given an NCAA commitment. He would be a good playmaking winger on next year's team.

I am somewhat new to following the Ice Dogs through these forums and am not aware of any past tensions that may have happened with Khull and FO, or about him not wanting to report.
Has he been to a camp? I can't quite remember but I thought he was at camp the same year with Jones, Davis, and Lochead... I don't remember him being especially impressive. And I didn't get to see last year's camp. But at 6'1 and 170lbs. I'll be watching him with some interest if he comes in this year. Anyone know what his skating is like? A comparison? Looks like he's had 2 good seasons for Blind River in NOJHL...

For the Hockey #s Geeks like me : Max Khull - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=299294
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015