Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 808,513   Msgs Posted: 108,492   Thread Views: 15,520,982   Online Now: 31
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
What sense does it make for his overall development to play here? Somebody tell me please..lol.
Playing on the smaller ice might make sense for his development but if that was going to happen it would be with the marlies and outside chance its with the leafs this year
Old 06-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,769 Times in 1,261 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
What sense does it make for his overall development to play here? Somebody tell me please..lol.
For starters it buys him a year to get bigger and stronger, learn the North American game and get his confidence back after a really tough season last year without out getting his nose smashed into the glass by grown men 40 or 50 lbs heavier and a half a decade older, while playing against the top teenagers in the world, in the best developmental league for kids his age that has ever existed. Didn't seem to hurt Doughty(Late Birthday), Petro or Dougie when they were playing in the O at the same age.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 02:37 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other members

As much as I agree with what you say...I still say it won't happen...wasted pick
Old 06-29-2017, 02:51 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Every year, in my opinion, there are too many wasted picks in the CHL draft.

As stated on this site, our pick was wasted, per say.
London's 2nd pick was wasted pick
Hamilton's pick was wasted as well.
And, there are surely many more to come.

Why then, waste our time on this draft, if this is the case.
Why not invest the time and money developing North American players instead and get rid of this draft.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:56 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post

Why not invest the time and money developing North American players instead and get rid of this draft.
Or instead of getting rid of a draft why not try and talk to a players agent before you draft them and make sure they want to come to the league
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,103 Times in 615 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post

I've been saying this for years IMHO.

Allow only US or Canadian born players to play in the league.

The whole import 'draft' is a big charade and everyone knows it.

The top players only report to the top markets.

IMHO the import draft favors the powerhouse teams unfairly...

Really have we ever had an import player WE DRAFTED where you have said that this kid was great to watch?

Most honestly don't really belong in the league.

Probably our best import draft pick we've ever drafted was Mikulovich...

That's not saying much ... and that's not really a slight against him ...

But think of the imports London Windsor Kitchener have had over the years ....... WOW ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 03:21 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I've been saying this for years IMHO.

Allow only US or Canadian born players to play in the league.

The whole import 'draft' is a big charade and everyone knows it.

The top players only report to the top markets.

IMHO the import draft favors the powerhouse teams unfairly...

Really have we ever had an import player WE DRAFTED where you have said that this kid was great to watch?

Most honestly don't really belong in the league.

Probably our best import draft pick we've ever drafted was Mikulovich...

That's not saying much ... and that's not really a slight against him ...

But think of the imports London Windsor Kitchener have had over the years ....... WOW ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm fine having the draft but cut out the rule saying you MUST have 2 in your lineup that way they have to earn it just like the North American players
Old 06-29-2017, 04:59 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I'm fine having the draft but cut out the rule saying you MUST have 2 in your lineup that way they have to earn it just like the North American players
no rule... you can play without imports if you want..
Old 06-29-2017, 07:11 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,005 Times in 833 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

To those who say it's a wasted pick, please don't ever complain about high end talent magically falling into the laps of the London Knights. I don't know how many times I've read bitching and moaning on this site about players sliding down the board to London because teams are afraid to draft a kid that says he won't report.

The Niagara IceDogs just basically said we'll do something about it. They took the kid who was going to "magically" end up in London this year. Now, it's highly unlikely that he'll ever step foot in the Meridian Centre, but now there is no reason for him to step foot in the Budweiser Gardens either. I wish the other 18 teams in the league had the berries to take a stand as well.

If you don't like the way London gets the top level talent, you can either bitch about it or do something about it, yesterday the Dogs did something about it. Kudos.

Now, do everything you can to try and get him to report. If not, simply look at the import history of the Icedogs. Did they really lose anything? Williamson stated on numerous occasions that the Dogs have zero scouts and contacts over there. They basically just take some average kid that will report. Almost every import pick they've taken could be replaced by another Ontario kid or someone already in their system.

You can name all of the impact imports that come over and play for other teams. But, until you get one yourself, and obviously that wasn't happening again this year. You might as well swing for the fences instead of bringing over another mediocre project type player. If pisses off Hunter.... All the better.

Just my two cents, but I applaud the move.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 07:18 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other members

You make a good point...that's good enough for me...screw you London
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post: