Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 808,513   Msgs Posted: 108,492   Thread Views: 15,521,247   Online Now: 29
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:19 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
With all due respect, why would we hear anything from the Ice Dogs organisation until this agenda is finalized one way or another.
If I were the GM, I would not want any negotiations going public and maybe making them harder to finalize.
Just my thoughts here though.

I am also surprised that the name of Ted Nolan has not re-appeared on this site until now. I believe that his remaining contract with Buffalo may have come to an end or, he might have one year left being that he signed and extension with Buffalo.

Time will tell...

He's coaching the national program in Latvia
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
He's coaching the national program in Latvia
I actually did a little searching and found that he coached in Latvia from 2011 - 2014.
He coached the Buffalo Sabres in 2014-2015.

I found this July 12, 2017 TSN article on Mr. Nolan.....

Former Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders bench boss Ted Nolan has been hired by the Polish Ice Hockey Federation to be the head coach of their menís national team.
The 59-year-old replaces former Poland head coach Jacek Plachta, whose contract was not renewed by the Federation.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Just to start a rumor but that is all it is. I just read on twitter ..... that Danny Flynn has resigned as the head coach of the St. John's Seadogs to pursue other avenues.....
Has a lot of OHL experience such as Belleville, the Soo and last but not least London.
Also an assistant coach with Buffalo a few years ago.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:01 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

The longer we have to wait, the less likely it's JB.

Could be worse, could be Sudbury Wolves coaching changes. Yikes.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:46 AM

Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,025 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Heard an interesting perspective tonight. Why promote Billy Burke to head coach and risk having to blame him for anything? If nothing else, the head coach is always the most accountable figure.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:34 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Heard an interesting perspective tonight. Why promote Billy Burke to head coach and risk having to blame him for anything? If nothing else, the head coach is always the most accountable figure.
IMO you give it to him for a few reasons 1. He probably keeps the same systems in place that Bell had and if they aren't exactly the same they would probably be similar where and a new coach might change everything. 2. He's going to be in charge sooner or later anyways and get blamed when things don't go right then so why not just do it now
Old 07-29-2017, 08:58 AM
Top Prospect

Every hockey coach who is hired by a new team as their head coach knows full well that some day, he will get fired if things do not go well.
At some time down the road, we all agree that Junior will be given the keys to the dressing room.

Even the son of the owner at some point, once again if the stars do not line up would be given a pick slip and good luck wishes with your next job.
I think that it would be interesting at family dinners or the holidays around the Christmas tree,, having just been fired by his parents.

Once again, I believe that someday, Jr. will get the promotion, but, a little bit more time might be wise.
There is a big, big difference from being the big cat in the room rather than the smaller version of the big cat.

Things will work out the way they are meant to be at the end of the day.
All good for me, either way.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:40 AM

Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,025 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

That was the thesis put forward, you could avoid the family pink slip by never having junior in the hot seat. Joey and Billy can run the club from their respective positions, collect a very decent wage and yet avoid all the blame if things go sideways, just by replacing the head coach.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:52 AM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
Is anyone else curious as to why we have heard absolutely nothing from the Ice Dogs organization about what their intentions are with respect to filling Dave Bell's position. Usually there would be a rumour or a leak about what the team is doing to get prepared for the upcoming training camp/new season however it would seem that no-one has found out anything and we are all still speculating and in the dark. Has there been any chatter on any of the other websites? It would be nice for the fans to have some idea what direction the team is following for next season.
Do we really want them to rush and name a new coach or is it not better for them to do due diligence and take a little time and pick the right guy... I don't really expect to hear a coach named to maybe a week before training camp opens.. I would have actually been disappointed if they came out and named a new head coach within the first day or two after Bell quit

Last edited by dogs77; 07-29-2017 at 09:53 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 10:03 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Do we really want them to rush and name a new coach or is it not better for them to do due diligence and take a little time and pick the right guy... I don't really expect to hear a coach named to maybe a week before training camp opens.. I would have actually been disappointed if they came out and named a new head coach within the first day or two after Bell quit
Only way I see it being sooner is if it's Billy and they say we are looking for another assistant to fill that spot