Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 904,516   Msgs Posted: 117,850   Thread Views: 18,572,197   Online Now: 61
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
2nd Line

brendan_435 has a spectacular aura aboutbrendan_435 has a spectacular aura aboutbrendan_435 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to brendan_435

Question. Seeing as were on the topic...If the city were to level the jack and put a new arena in its place, where would the dogs play? aren't they already levelling niagara falls mem, so that eliminates that. So what are we left with....Thorold arena? The 4 pad?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,356 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan_435 View Post
Question. Seeing as were on the topic...If the city were to level the jack and put a new arena in its place, where would the dogs play? aren't they already levelling niagara falls mem, so that eliminates that. So what are we left with....Thorold arena? The 4 pad?
From what I was told by another fan, we'd play in the Falls for a year.

The 4-pad only sits 1000 so that's useless.

As much as I'd want the new rink to remain downtown, there's just no bloody parking within walking distance (which is a lot shorter in the icy winter than in the warm breezes of summer).
Old 04-09-2008, 05:00 PM
3rd Line

bry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to bry4n Send a message via Yahoo to bry4n

what the arena needs to be is
1. 4500 seats to many and it will look to empty to little and will have the over crouding and lack of seats
2.a Standing arera
3.thought most arenas are metal construction a wooden roofinf inside would give it the same vibe as the jack
Old 04-09-2008, 05:08 PM
3rd Line

tbone will become famous soon enoughtbone will become famous soon enough

Agree with that bry4n
Old 04-09-2008, 07:45 PM
3rd Line

bry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to behold

my eye balls hurt now from making this pixle by pixle
Old 04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
4th Line

Alex will become famous soon enough

jesus you got way to much time on your hands. you are the master of MS Paint. i like the olde time style, like a little Forum or MLGardens
Old 04-09-2008, 08:01 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,356 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry4n View Post

my eye balls hurt now from making this pixle by pixle
NICE!! Haha I love the Title Block in the bottom right. You going to do up a bill of materials with that?

I also LOVE the idea of the 2nd tier curving around like a C. Very nice.

But I would prefer more seats. 3500 lower bowl, 2500 upper (or 4000/2000 - maybe 3500/1500 for 5000 total), with curtains that can be lowered over the top teir in case of lower attendance, to keep that 'intimate' atmosphere.

GOOD WORK!

WAIT WAIT WAIT.. I take that back We can't have tiny little ends like that - other rinks are like that where they have tons of seating on the sides, then only a couple rows at the ends, and it makes it look GLOOMY overall.

*ALTHOUGH* I kind of like a huge "standing room" area, maybe in rows but with no seats - kinda like how football stadiums (er, soccer) have there 'terraces' where all the loudest of fans go so they can walk around and mingle with friends and move around a bit. That way people who bring in big flags and drums and that nots have room to stand with it.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:18 PM
1st Line

Casey is a glorious beacon of lightCasey is a glorious beacon of lightCasey is a glorious beacon of lightCasey is a glorious beacon of lightCasey is a glorious beacon of lightCasey is a glorious beacon of light

Wow Bry4n! IT LOOKS GREAT! Don't think your attention to detail will go unnoticed on this forum!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,365 Times in 967 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
From what I was told by another fan, we'd play in the Falls for a year.

The Niagara Falls arena is supposed to be closed (torn down) in just over a year. The Falls is building a new 4 pad that is scheduled to open for the 2009-2010 season. So next season is supposed to be the last.

If anyone plans on moving there for a year they better move quick.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 AM
3rd Line

nevermind found it i wondered where it went to in my other thread

Tags
new arena