Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,260    Downloads: 849,548   Msgs Posted: 115,233   Thread Views: 17,410,558   Online Now: 78
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:57 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,355 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGameTime View Post
Alright you forced me to move it to the new arena talk!
New arena talk thread is for NEW arenas - not expanding current ones
Old 01-29-2008, 07:28 PM
SysOp

AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

I would sign, but I don't want to sound like I'm unhappy with what we have. I'd LOVE a new arena, but I don't want to sound demanding in any way I think maybe we should keep our new arena posts oriented towards "positive dreaming" for the time being
Old 01-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Serving a Suspension

Rolston87 has a spectacular aura aboutRolston87 has a spectacular aura aboutRolston87 has a spectacular aura about

Good point AD!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:04 PM
SysOp

I think it's a good idea - just not right yet. A petition might be viewed as a "we demand a new rink" statement. As fans, we're just so lucky to have this team here right now, that I think a petition might be pushing things a bit
Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 AM
3rd Line

ADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to allADOGFAN is a name known to all

I think where the old race track would be good Or even better in Mississauga at the Hershy Center Yeh Mississauga ICE DOGs
Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 AM
1st Line

MadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura about

If you want to build an arena you have to start from below grade. you cant just stick an arena in the middle of a lot. And you deffinately cant construct a multi level parking lot without tearing out whats there now. Its best to start with an undeveloped piece of land. Somewhere near white oaks would be a great option.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,316 Times in 729 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

AD, sorry to rain on your parade, however, I think the satellite imagery that you've obtained re: the Pen Centre site, is horribly out of date, or at least, it appears as such to me.

I don't think that that picture includes all of the new development right along the highway ramp. (ie. Pier One, Bowrings, Home Sense, Bombay Company, etc.)...they've constructed a large strip mall there, with several large stores, in what used to be empty parking lot.

Also, it appears to me that the old sears garage is still in that picture, that it does not even include Boston Pizza.

I would hazard a guess that the Pen would probably build more strip mall type locations in the rest of their parking lot, further in the back, if/when demand for additional space warrants....

I gotta say, AD, if your dream did come true, and an arena was built there, the traffic chaos to get there would be absolutely ridiculous...it is bad enough getting there...I dread going to the Pen Centre any time of year, never mind at christmas!

Back to the drawing board guys!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:54 PM
1st Line

MadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura about

Yeah not to mention to build on that land you would have to teard down anyof the stores near what you are building. or atleast undermine and reinforce their foundations. I just cant see any way that that location would be a feasible option. Especially with so many undeveloped areas in this region.

Last edited by MadMann; 02-01-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 PM
3rd Line

bry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to beholdbry4n is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to bry4n Send a message via Yahoo to bry4n

what is wrong with downtown? i've never had any problem with traffic or parking. I'd like to see the team move to Niagara's new rink (whenever it finally gets built) while a new rink is built on the current site. 2nd option i like is by brock. I hope to god they don't build it in the middle of nowhere

Last edited by WellandDogsFan; 02-01-2008 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Language
Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 PM
1st Line

I love going to games at the jack. Isnt planning a new facility a condition of renewing the lease for the team though?

Tags
new arena