Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,260    Downloads: 849,552   Msgs Posted: 115,235   Thread Views: 17,412,143   Online Now: 90
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:37 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,355 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMann View Post
I love going to games at the jack. Isnt planning a new facility a condition of renewing the lease for the team though?
??? Where'd yah hear that?

You mean they have to be planning to build a new rink if they want to renew their least at the Jack ? If true, that's very strange!
Old 02-02-2008, 11:23 AM
1st Line

MadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura about

I havent seen any hard proof of that. thats why I posted it as a question. Ive only head that condition by word of mouth. And thats really not strange at all. The city has 5 years to finalise a new facility plan. At the end of the five years if there are no plans the dogs are gone. If we are going to build them a new facility they sign a short term lease at the Jack. An arena cant be built overnight. If its a complex I could see it taking over a year easily. And im sure if burke signs a 3 year lease and the arena will be ready after one, then the old jack lease will most likely be bought out. And were also talking about city council. They are going to need the 5 years to plan a facility. Im sure it will take them over a year just to decide where to locate it.Honestly though I dont think we have to worry about it because Im pretty sure my 6th sentance is going to prove true

Last edited by MadMann; 02-02-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:12 PM
3rd Line

Chooch is on a distinguished road

Just by reading the comments in the papers from team ownership, there are no new arena conditions, period. The Jack is their home. Also from what I've read the hoping is that attendance over the five years will be good enough to start lobbying for a new rink, but as of right now like I said, no conditions anywhere that I know of.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:37 AM
1st Line

MadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura aboutMadMann has a spectacular aura about

Nice. I like going to the jack . I would rather have a sold out 3000 seater than an empty looking 5000.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:41 AM
3rd Line

ncwalker will become famous soon enough

I used to go to Brampton to watch OHL action and sitting in a 6 000 arena with 2100 fans felt like death. The Jack has had great atmosphere lately. I love going to games with that kind of excitement
Old 02-12-2008, 11:29 PM
SysOp

AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwalker View Post

I used to go to Brampton to watch OHL action and sitting in a 6 000 arena with 2100 fans felt like death. The Jack has had great atmosphere lately. I love going to games with that kind of excitement
Definitely. It's so much more fun when the Jack is full. although I have to admit i HATE the crowd conjestion. But the game atmosphere is so much more exciting when it's full.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:15 AM
3rd Line

Chooch is on a distinguished road

I like the Jack as well but we do need a new rink eventually for the team to stick around for the long term. Personally I also like the smaller rinks but would love to see a new modern comfortable arena with all the bells and whistles but with no more then 4500 seats. The Jack sells out game after game right now, and it's a rink that many wont go too, so a nicer one should easily get a 4000 average. Maybe more.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 AM
3rd Line

dogsphotog is just really nicedogsphotog is just really nicedogsphotog is just really nicedogsphotog is just really nice

If, and I say if, they build a new arena I think the design should be somewhat comparable to a sized down Copp's Coliseum. You have 2 bowls, upper and lower. Lower holds 4000, upper holds another 2000-3000. the upper bowl also has blackout curtains that hide it during games where fan support is under 4000. You can also configure the blackout curtains to open on the sides of the arena so if you got 5000 the could go there instead of turning tickets away. Again, just my $0.02
Old 02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsphotog View Post
If, and I say if, they build a new arena I think the design should be somewhat comparable to a sized down Copp's Coliseum. You have 2 bowls, upper and lower. Lower holds 4000, upper holds another 2000-3000. the upper bowl also has blackout curtains that hide it during games where fan support is under 4000. You can also configure the blackout curtains to open on the sides of the arena so if you got 5000 the could go there instead of turning tickets away. Again, just my $0.02
OMG!!! That's is WAAAY to strange. I *JUST* thought of that *EXACT* idea last night while watching TV! Have it so the capacity is there to house big crowds when needed, but have an upperbowl that you could curtain off, so as to make it look like the building is half empty. And the use of black in any room makes it look smaller, so you could close off the upper bowl completely and stil maintain a small intimate feeling with the crowd down below.

Hehe, it's really weird you posted that because I was going to post the same msg. late last night but figured I've already posted dozens of wish-list ideas for a new arena.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:06 PM
2nd Line

brendan_435 has a spectacular aura aboutbrendan_435 has a spectacular aura aboutbrendan_435 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to brendan_435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolston87 View Post
I just read in the paper last week that the city wants a new arena.
It's kind of going back and forth between that and the new hospital.
Both are very crucial to the areas needs.
What are your opinions?
meh. we have a hospital. if it's something serious, you get transferred to hamilton or toronto. An arena, now that is something we actually need. :the seats at the jack are gonna put me in the hospital if they don't start building

Tags
new arena