Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,365    Downloads: 1,056,764   Msgs Posted: 119,082   Thread Views: 20,139,350   Online Now: 74
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Not mad or upset at all. Hate to see you get all whipped up into a frenzy over nothing, it’s kind of embarrassing for a man your age.

Let’s discuss the Ice Dogs OA issue here, it is an ICE Dogs fan forum after all.

We need you to focus on your research skills and post some historical data.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,111 Times in 1,015 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Not mad or upset at all. Hate to see you get all whipped up into a frenzy over nothing, it’s kind of embarrassing for a man your age.

Let’s discuss the Ice Dogs OA issue here, it is an ICE Dogs fan forum after all.

We need you to focus on your research skills and post some historical data.
No, you’re a little upset. Sorry stink!
Old 04-14-2018, 03:56 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Disclaimer: All in good fun! I just noticed your new avatar, stinky .

When you have absolutely no time at all, can you fill this in for the London Knights 2018 playoff run?

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-14-2018 at 03:57 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 05:46 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Let’s discuss the Ice Dogs ...it is an ICE Dogs fan forum after all.

It is indeed!
Old 04-21-2018, 06:33 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

London signs their first 4 picks in this years draft..
Old 04-21-2018, 06:46 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
London signs their first 4 picks in this years draft..
…and here is the OHL’s biggest problem and embarrassment. David Branch (and the owners) allowing this to happen.

Antonio Stranges saying all the wrong things.

This is pathetic - and is ruining the natural competitive balance of the league!

London Knights reel in four big new prospects
Morris Dalla CostaMORRIS DALLA COSTA

The big get was Stranges.

Most scouting services had the slick centre ranked in the Top 5 of draft eligible players some as high as No. 2. He let it be known that he was considering going to the United States national team program before heading to Michigan.

“But the Knights was really the only team I was going to play for,” he said. “I was signed with the U.S. national team and it’s always an honour to play for your country for two years and go to the school that’s in your backyard but it was always an easy decision for me.

“I always knew I wanted to be a Knight. I grew up with the OHL team right next door (the Plymouth Whalers) when London came to town they had more fans than the home team did.

Not surprisingly, Stranges was contacted by a lot of teams that wanted to pick him in the first round but it was either going to be the national team and school or the Knights.

It didn’t hurt that Knights players like Alex Regula, Dalton Duhart and Andrew Perrott kept contacting Stranges through the summer.

“They were texting me all summer ‘you got to go with the Knights,’” he said. “That helped, them giving me the text about what it’s all about here. Tommy (Mannino) came over for dinner five times. Between all of them they made the decision easy.”
Old 04-21-2018, 07:35 PM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
…and here is the OHL’s biggest problem and embarrassment. David Branch (and the owners) allowing this to happen.

Antonio Stranges saying all the wrong things.

This is pathetic - and is ruining the natural competitive balance of the league!

London Knights reel in four big new prospects
Morris Dalla CostaMORRIS DALLA COSTA

The big get was Stranges.

Most scouting services had the slick centre ranked in the Top 5 of draft eligible players some as high as No. 2. He let it be known that he was considering going to the United States national team program before heading to Michigan.

“But the Knights was really the only team I was going to play for,” he said. “I was signed with the U.S. national team and it’s always an honour to play for your country for two years and go to the school that’s in your backyard but it was always an easy decision for me.

“I always knew I wanted to be a Knight. I grew up with the OHL team right next door (the Plymouth Whalers) when London came to town they had more fans than the home team did.

Not surprisingly, Stranges was contacted by a lot of teams that wanted to pick him in the first round but it was either going to be the national team and school or the Knights.

It didn’t hurt that Knights players like Alex Regula, Dalton Duhart and Andrew Perrott kept contacting Stranges through the summer.

“They were texting me all summer ‘you got to go with the Knights,’” he said. “That helped, them giving me the text about what it’s all about here. Tommy (Mannino) came over for dinner five times. Between all of them they made the decision easy.”
What a joke!!
Spoiled little brat!!!
Old 04-21-2018, 07:37 PM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Its more like how much dollars did it costs?
Old 04-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,483 Times in 812 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Some other team shoulda stepped up and drafted him and then traded him to London ....

19 other teams had their head in the sand on this ... why let him fall to London later then he should have been drafted!?

Let London pay for him in assets ....

Just plain stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 07:07 AM
Big League

London continues to manipulate the OHL Priority Draft with absolutely no repercussions. After years of secretive backdoor deals, this latest signing of Antonio Stranges is so transparent you can see London’s self-centeredness from the OHL's head office.

Collusion: secret agreement, especially for a deceitful purpose.

Collusion: secret cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

LONDON FREE PRESS
Most scouting services had the slick centre ranked in the Top 5 of draft eligible players some as high as No. 2.

“But the Knights was really the only team I was going to play for,” Stranges said.

This draft and sign was obviously agreed upon well before draft day!

“Tommy Mannino (London Scout) came over for dinner five times. Between all of them they made the decision easy,” Stranges explained.

What did Stranges’ agent tell the OHL teams prior to the draft that not one team even considered taking a chance on a player – who had every intention of playing in the OHL (London Knights)?

How can David Branch completely ignore this? It should not be the responsibility of 19 teams to police the London Knights manipulating the draft. Each team has to go into the draft with the sole intention of trying to improve their team for the coming season and immediate future - not to try and stop the London for acquiring the top US born players!

The blame lies squarely on the David Branch (and the owners for not insisting on changes to the league rules), not the GMs.

The signing of Antonio Stranges is undeniably collusion!

#londonsucks

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-22-2018 at 07:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread