Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,337    Downloads: 885,341   Msgs Posted: 117,509   Thread Views: 18,161,917   Online Now: 139
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,442 Times in 790 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webegtodiffer View Post
I just don't quite understand why this message board is so preoccupied with attacking the Knights' organization. At times, it's almost as if you hate the Knights more than you cheer for the Ice Dogs. Even the Knights' biggest rivals (Kitchener and Windsor), on other message boards, are more reserved in their criticisms of the Knights.
Just sayin'...

I don’t understand why London knights fans frequent an Icedogs forum ....

Guess some things just aren’t understandable ...

Kinda like how you don’t understand why this message board is so preoccupied with attacking the knights ...

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,962 Times in 934 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I just don't quite understand why this message board is so preoccupied with attacking the Knights' organization. At times, it's almost as if you hate the Knights more than you cheer for the Ice Dogs. Even the Knights' biggest rivals (Kitchener and Windsor), on other message boards, are more reserved in their criticisms of the Knights.
Just sayin'...
The fact that you don't see the underlying problem with a team in collusion with manipulating the draft process is the bigger issue. Our fan forum members seeking a fair and equitable draft format is reasonable and admirable to the league and fans as a whole. On the other hand, you celebrating the misfortunes of OHL teams lower in the standing at the expense of your own team is out-right embarrassing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I just don't quite understand why this message board is so preoccupied with attacking the Knights' organization'...
Hatred towards the London Knights is league wide. I don’t understand why London Knight fans are unaware of that?

Here is an example from thescout Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASykes_7/...02021077794816
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

LK pick many NCAA commits that never wear the Green and Gold.

Groundhog Day
Old 04-12-2018, 11:40 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Hatred towards the London Knights is league wide. I don’t understand why London Knight fans are unaware of that?

Here is an example from thescout Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASykes_7/...02021077794816
You are expecting empathy from the entitled?
Old 04-13-2018, 12:02 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
You are expecting empathy from the entitled?
Using empathy in (close enough) conjunction to entitled is sort of an example of an oxymoron and is “seriously funny” when trying to understand the warped mindset of a London Knights fan.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 12:22 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just sayin'...
Let me put it into simple terms so maybe you might get it!
London has huge dollars $$$$$$$$$ like no other team!!
You should be smart enough to know the rest??
Also Branch makes a percentage of those huge$$$$.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:22 AM
Serving a Suspension

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just sayin'...

Because on the other boards if a non-fan came in and started talking smack about the home team he would be turfed. We have at a very smug London fan who represents the absolute worst of that organization spilling his bile all over the IceDogs Fan forum. He is a true disturber but if you say anything directly about that guy you get a "time-out" . The recourse for true fans is to knock his team down every chance we get. This is not a criticism of the rules of the forum, the owner, operator or moderator, just an explanation based on fact for why there is so much anti-London on a Niagara site.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,442 Times in 790 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
Because on the other boards if a non-fan came in and started talking smack about the home team he would be turfed. We have at a very smug London fan who represents the absolute worst of that organization spilling his bile all over the IceDogs Fan forum. He is a true disturber but if you say anything directly about that guy you get a "time-out" . The recourse for true fans is to knock his team down every chance we get. This is not a criticism of the rules of the forum, the owner, operator or moderator, just an explanation based on fact for why there is so much anti-London on a Niagara site.

Thank you ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2018, 11:34 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
Personally I think that having 'That certain fan' on this site provides us with a 'common enemy in our midst type of character' so we're not turning on each other and tearing each other apart like on other forums... It gives US a uniting factor, it gives us a target... So... I have zero issue...

Plus he does occasionally make a good point about hockey in general. Which is why I'm here in the first place... I could sit behind my keyboard and be a 'keyboard homer' like some on here... I personally like hockey more than any one team. That being said... Anything that hurts hockey, bothers me, ie the draft issues.

We've beat that to death. Players need to declare for the draft, and play where they are drafted, or not play at all in the league unless the drafting team trades their rights. The NCAA Welfare Rebuild Program that the London Knights are enjoying needs to end. I don't care that it's not fair. Life is not fair... I care that it hurts hockey. Clumping a lot of high end talent in one city is bad for the game.