Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,347   Msgs Posted: 118,224   Thread Views: 19,247,256   Online Now: 84
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:14 PM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Every team owner has a say in the structure of the OHL.
Unfortunately, not all of them have testicles (metaphoric one's, not picking on Denise). Most are content to at least have big name players as opponents and won't rock the boat to insist they play where they are drafted. Branch would rather send them all to one or two teams rather than risk them playing outside the OHL. The next commish should get orders from all the owners, play by our rules or don't bother us.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Word of the day.

uncommit
Verb
(third-person singular simple present uncommits, present participle uncommitting, simple past and past participle uncommitted)

To cancel being committed to something; to release from obligation.
Origin
un- +‎ commit
Here's another good word: integrity. I suspect not only is it not in the vocabulary, the dictionary is missing that page.
The Following User Says Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,455 Times in 797 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
What we need is a better OHL, perhaps some teams aren’t developing players as well as the others.
Perhaps better coaching, as apparently these young players feel they will be better served going elsewhere. It is their future after all.

Honestly, what 16 year old would want to play for a Sudbury, or a Flint, or a.......the list goes on.

Don’t kid yourself, all these kids want to play for a London or an Oshawa. Let’s be honest here.

Groundhog Day on this form.

Honestly.

Life is not about always getting what you want.

You get dealt a raw hand in life, deal with it properly, and become a better person in the long run.

Life is about saying something and then following through and committing to your word. Nothing worse than someone who says one thing and does the other.

It’s comical that Stinky justifies what these kids and their agents do. I find it deplorable.

Win at all cost I suppose eh Stinky?

If the league had any balls at all they would change the rules ... but they don’t ...

So the status quo goes on and the same bullsh*t will happen again and again.

Way to teach these kids that they should get everything they want in life and that your word means nothing ...

End of rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Need to go big in this draft.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:12 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,302 Times in 783 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Need to go big in this draft.
I hope so, but. as tradition goes, they will pick the best player available.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Being as Fishfan deleted his message, I tried to delete this message but it did not delete, therefore. That's all there is... LOL

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 04-06-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:57 PM
Big League

Ps, on the above post just ahead of mine, I quoted Fishfan's post and now, it has disappeared..

Maybe, I should start doing this to a few threads on this site LMAO
Old 04-06-2018, 03:08 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

These kids should be made to play for the team that drafted them. It is an honor to be drafted by an OHL team and if these kids are that spoiled they should remember that without the teams in the OHL they would be going nowhere.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
These kids should be made to play for the team that drafted them. It is an honor to be drafted by an OHL team and if these kids are that spoiled they should remember that without the teams in the OHL they would be going nowhere.
You have a nice thought there, but, I believe that you would have a very hard time convincing Mommy, Daddy and last but not least, the player...
Remembering that every parent is sure that their boy will play in the show someday.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,360 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
You have a nice thought there, but, I believe that you would have a very hard time convincing Mommy, Daddy and last but not least, the player...
Remembering that every parent is sure that their boy will play in the show someday.
I'm not a big fan of picking one team or bust but if my kid was a sure fire OHLer there's teams in this league I wouldn't want him on. There's no way I'd advise him to sign with Sudbury if he was slated to go first overall that's for sure. These kids have skills that are marketable and I'm sorry but I can't fault them for not wanting to go certain places.